Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

cubasis - sidechaining?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• You can also do this in Gadget with built in fx. I don’t believe you can in Cubasis.

• Impc pro has turboduck doesn’t it?
    Meteor also has a ducking facility

• the new waves Channel Strip in Cubasis has a gate but much like the old one no indication of side chaining to a different channel, which has knocked it off my want list. unless some one says it does OR that it " sounds absolutely MotownTastic. i like the tube/tape saturations on the old strip.
    the eq and maximizer might lure me in though..

• In Auria you can do side chain but only with IAP FX (the FabFilters). Only BM3 allows side chain without an additional purchase AFAIK.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sidechain compression is on our list. For now, it might make sense to give available AU iOS plug-ins (e.g. Pumphouse) a closer look?

• edited November 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BiancaNeve said:
    Impc pro has turboduck doesn’t it?
    Meteor also has a ducking facility

Not just any old duck it’s a motherfunking TURBO duck..... I’m sold, I’ll take 10 please.

• AUFX push can sidechain inside of Cubasis, or no? I was going to get AUFX push specifically to do this.

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2017

As the OP already mentione, you can do sidechain compressing in Cubase (or Auria) with the AUFX:Push IAA

• In the channel to be compressed, add the AUFX:Push main input as insert
    • In the channel to be used as sidechain, add AUFX:Push key input as insert

Advantage: Works without IAP (for FabFilter C/C2 in Auria)
    Drawback: There can only be a single instance of this compressor

• @_ki said:
    As the OP already mentione, you can do sidechain compressing in Cubase (or Auria) with the AUFX:Push IAA

Ah thanks. Previously, I was sure it could be done, but this thread worried me that I was wrong. Your instructions make it clear that it is possible. :)

• Is AUFX: Push still the only option here?

• @futureaztec said:
    Is AUFX: Push still the only option here?

NY Compressor by DDMF?

• Isnt there an update due to Cubasis?

• @Nu2moro said:
    Isnt there an update due to Cubasis?

I would imagine there is one coming soon, but they usually just spring it on us with little pre-hype.

• @CracklePot said:

@futureaztec said:

NY Compressor by DDMF?

I don’t think NY Compressor surfaces a separate key input like Push, so no chow :(

• Last update on AUFX Push was February 2016. A little hesitant there. Checking out the Audio Damage Pumphouse. According to the developer the purpose here is to 1. produce EDM style pumping effect 2. To get around the issue that iOS DAW's don't yet allow Audio Units to receive midi input from other channels. In order to solve this there is an internal 16 pad sequencer.

Do I spend the $5 for the workaround or hold out for proper side-chaining? If Audio Damage could assure me that they will integrate true side-chain when it is possible to do so within Pumphouse I would be on board. Right now I have the compressor already inside of Cubasis 2. Steinberg offers Waves plugins to buy which includes a "better?" compressor. I also just bough FAC Maxima compressor, and I have Audio Damage's free Rough Rider compressor. Finally, I have built an analog compressor circuit into a 1590B Hammond style enclosure. That's a lot of compressors. Maybe AUFX would be best because I could then apply it to all of these compressors, instead of having to abandon them all for Pumphouse. How is AUFX on the CPU?

Again, I am not looking for an EDM effect. I just want to be able to mix all of my tracks properly by imperceivably subtracting audio to make room for other instruments to cut through -- snappy kick drums amidst deep basslines, for example.

• @_ki said:

i always screw this up. thank you

• @skoptic said:

@CracklePot said:

@futureaztec said:

NY Compressor by DDMF?

I don’t think NY Compressor surfaces a separate key input like Push, so no chow :(

What a shame. That app description mentions true sidechaining with 4 inputs, if your host supports it. So is Auria the only one that supports this? I thought Cubasis would be able to support it since AUFX Push works in there. Bee Czar. B)

• @CracklePot said:

@skoptic said:

@CracklePot said:

@futureaztec said:

NY Compressor by DDMF?

What a shame. That app description mentions true sidechaining with 4 inputs, if your host supports it. So is Auria the only one that supports this? I thought Cubasis would be able to support it since AUFX Push works in there. Bee Czar. B)

Not even Auria, I don’t think. It’s not possible yet on iOS with this app - more details here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19129/nycompressor-from-ddmf

• @skoptic said:

@CracklePot said:

@skoptic said:

@CracklePot said:

@futureaztec said:

NY Compressor by DDMF?

Not even Auria, I don’t think. It’s not possible yet on iOS with this app - more details here https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19129/nycompressor-from-ddmf

Ah yes, I see now. Seems a bit scandalous to me, but what can anyone do until a host supports it. Thanks for filling me in. B)

• There is a way to sort of achieving a sidechain pumping affect on bass and pads in Micrologue by using the sine wave LFO to modulate (affect) the Cutoff Frequency, just experiment with the LFO Rate control (faster/slower) and the Cutoff control (depth). My test proved quite successful.
    It’s not identical to sidechain but it does provide an affect along those lines.

• The real thing is coming in the next update.
    ;)

(Joke)

• Hi all,

Side chain support remains on our list.
    It will not be included in the next one, unfortunately.

Best,
    Lars

• I use Drambo to imitate sidechain compression in Cubasis. You can basically get it to do what pumphouse does very quickly.

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Best,
    Lars

Bummer, do we get any improvements at all to the audio & midi-routing?
    Like for example route midi from a midi-track to a vocoder or auto-tune AUv3 plug-in hosted on an audio-track?

I guess sometime next year we'll see support for AUv3 Multi In/Out support...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:
    Hi all,

Best,
    Lars

Bummer, do we get any improvements at all to the audio & midi-routing?
    Like for example route midi from a midi-track to a vocoder or auto-tune AUv3 plug-in hosted on an audio-track?

I guess sometime next year we'll see support for AUv3 Multi In/Out support...

Cheers!

👍

• edited December 2020

So, midi output from one plugin can't control another plugin in cubasis? Else, envolver might also be a good option. It can create envelope controlled midi CCs. That's pretty much what sidechain compression is, right? the envelope of track A controls the compression of track B.

Last update on AUFX Push was February 2016

The AUM/AUFX guy has now started to overhaul his apps to support auv3, he'll release them now one after the other, starting with aufx space yesterday ;)

• @dobbs said:
    So, midi output from one plugin can't control another plugin in cubasis?

If the midi-plug-ins are on the same track it's serial communication and that works.
    Track2Track routing is not an option.

It's not just about side-chaining as It affects other types of processing too like vocoders and pitch-shifters.

Will be interesting to see how Waves Tune Real-Time is implemented in Cubasis when hosted an an audio-track as that plug-in (at least on desktop) can accept midi-input from another track...

Cheers!

• edited December 2020

Well that's a pity

vocoders

DerVoco should work though as it uses carrier and modulation source from a single audio channel, panned left and right