Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT When did we start to sit down ...

encenc
edited November 2017 in Other

.. making music ? If you sit at a desk when making dance music you're beats ain't funky enough :p seemingly, many electronic music artist sit down to work on a track. Granted, if you make long sequenced ambient pieces then it may be preferable... but dance tunes .. no excuse :D

Comments

• When I learnt organ and piano, I would always be sat down. But when I joined a band I would stand up to play keyboards. So for me it’s more “when did I start to stand up”!

• All that counts is the end result.

• Wonder if JB & the JBs sat at a desk when they were recording :o :D

• @enc said:
    Wonder if JB & the JBs sat at a desk when they were recording :o :D

The audience looked so static. How could they not boogie to James Brown!?

• I always sat down during rehearsals or jams to play guitar and bass, and leaned ever so cooly against the wall while playing live.

• Also, Prince did his vocals sitting down (!) in the engineer’s chair. He was funky enough.

• I lay on the bed and make tunes soemtimes

• John Lee Hooker asked what kind of fool would stand up to play- "Why make it harder on your self?"
    He was also flabbergasted that an interviewer was surprised that he did not sit around the house playing guitar- "Why in the hell would I do that? Man, that's what I do at work!"

• edited November 2017

I don't think most drummers would understand the nature of your question.

• As a young rockandroller, I studiously did all of the Keef moves (quite well) When I began to sit down to play, a close friend was puzzled, and asked, "What is up with the Skunk Baxter trip?"
    I was amused.

• edited November 2017

I'm considering standing up, but working pedals is easier when sitting.

• I learned from this teacher to up my stage presence behind my rig

• @db909 said:
    I lay on the bed and make tunes soemtimes

Most of my musc time is laying on the couch now. When I sit at a desk I get office flashbacks. :(

• I started on trombone, so it was sitting for concert band and standing for marching band. Then I learned piano and it was sitting until I joined a rock band, which meant standing full time. When I started playing bass guitar for church, I was the only one standing, because I just thought it more proper LOL
    So I've been back n forth.

• @AudioGus said:

@db909 said:

Most of my musc time is laying on the couch now. When I sit at a desk I get office flashbacks. :(

This!

• Unless you’re standing up at your computer - and you might - explains why people sit to make music nowadays.

• It's not holding this guy back at all

• The seated drummer rocks the hardest in this one

• i actually levitate and fly when i'm making music.
    wheeee!

• Hemingway wrote standing up. Some kind of podium thing. The podium might be where it's at, for ios music making.

• @Processaurus I do feel that I am more engaged when playing guitar while standing as opposed to sitting. Or laying down. A podium, or even a music stand would be good for playing an iPad live. But I never stand and play my iPad while holding it because I know I will drop it at some point.

• @CracklePot said:

Love that guy :lol:

• @asnor He has a lot of other videos on Youtube. I thought he was kind of silly at first, but he is a totally badass, really amazing drummer. Not sure why he at this gig though. :)

• @db909 said:

• But it is soooo inviting!