Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX apps updated. EDIT: one year ago...

...but still no AU...

Comments

• No, check the date! The AUFX apps was updated a year ago.. :) This is an App Store bug affecting many apps.

• Aouch...sorry for this...but this came from the hearth, a AU version of your (excellent) apps is very very awaited!

• I would LOVE that too. They are awesome. Space in particular, such beautiful sounds. :smile:

• Yeah, I know I'm looking ridiculous when saying this (because I've said it for years), but I do plan to make AU versions of all my AUFX apps as well as adding new ones. Still haven't decided if I should update the existing ones or make new AU-only versions.

• This App Store Bug is getting bigger, I’m seeing loads of app updates daily with old stuff. If you update by mistake will it cause problems?

• Check the version of your installed apps, if the update has a newer version then update (perhaps some people accidentally downgraded to old versions during the app store bug and now the latest versions are again available?)

PS. Be careful if you're seeing an AudioShare or AUM update from long time ago. These apps recently switched the internal storage folder, so downgrading to an older version would lock you out from all your files until you update again!

• It will come when it comes :)

It is funny, though; I think the "audio units for iOS" rumour was already out there when you released the first in the series, and I thought your AUFX naming scheme was a smart move to position yourself as the first dev to release AU apps!

The App Store mess is incredible, given that it is one of Apple's largest cash cows.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Yeah, I know I'm looking ridiculous when saying this (because I've said it for years), but I do plan to make AU versions of all my AUFX apps as well as adding new ones. Still haven't decided if I should update the existing ones or make new AU-only versions.

Wasn't this a quote from 2015 as well D: didn't know the appstore bug affected forum posts too :p

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Yeah, I know I'm looking ridiculous when saying this (because I've said it for years), but I do plan to make AU versions of all my AUFX apps as well as adding new ones. Still haven't decided if I should update the existing ones or make new AU-only versions.

Wasn't this a quote from 2015 as well D: didn't know the appstore bug affected forum posts too :p

LOL :) Maybe it's not only Apple but some kind of wormhole in the fabric of spacetime? Probably something NASA, Trump, Putin and Kim Jong is cooking...

• @j_liljedahl said:

make new ones, i would gladly pay

• @j_liljedahl said:

If it’s a matter of time priorities I’d rather see AudioShare get iOS 11 drag n drop

• @Goozoon said:

@j_liljedahl said:

make new ones, i would gladly pay

@j_liljedahl I second this. Make new ones. Will gladly pay as well. You could sell them as a suite like Odessa.

• Make new ones, but do have some kind of upgrade pricing bundle.

• Would gladly pay again. Would gladly pay more than I did last time for Dub and Space.

• I received a seemingly old update notice today, but the description said it only updated Apple's certificate and no other changes. Could this change/update to Apple's certificate be the cause of the onslaught of old updates?

• I don't own them yet, but was thinking about purchasing soon...maybe I should wait until you release them as AU.

• @chockfullofthat said:
    I don't own them yet, but was thinking about purchasing soon...maybe I should wait until you release them as AU.

I was planning on getting the bundle this week. I paused for a minute with the news of AU versions coming, but I am going to get the bundle this week anyway. Any money spent on Kymatica is money well spent, after all.

• @CracklePot said:

@chockfullofthat said:
    I don't own them yet, but was thinking about purchasing soon...maybe I should wait until you release them as AU.

I was planning on getting the bundle this week. I paused for a minute with the news of AU versions coming, but I am going to get the bundle this week anyway. Any money spent on Kymatica is money well spent, after all.

I'll be buying AUM this week regardless.

• @CracklePot said:

@chockfullofthat said:

Thanks! :) Note that it might take a while for the AU versions to happen in any case, and that they might be AU-only and not IAA so the current versions might still be useful in some cases. We'll see..

• I’m not so sure this recent deluge of false updates is a bug, per se. I’m also getting a number of update notifications for apps that state the update is just updating to comply with Apple’s updated certification junk (?). Perhaps the false updates for certain apps are doing the same thing, but the update notes don’t explain that. Or, it’s just a bug.

• So, has anyone figured out if it’s OK to update the apps that are “ghost” updates from yesteryear?

• @CracklePot said:
    I received a seemingly old update notice today, but the description said it only updated Apple's certificate and no other changes. Could this change/update to Apple's certificate be the cause of the onslaught of old updates?

Looks like this is the reason:

https://www.google.com/search?q=app+store+updates+old+site:forums.developer.apple.com&num=100&client=safari&hl=en-us&tbs=qdr:w&prmd=niv&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV0_feq87XAhVCqlQKHWzsDm8QrQIIKygCMAA&biw=1112&bih=793

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@CracklePot said:
    I received a seemingly old update notice today, but the description said it only updated Apple's certificate and no other changes. Could this change/update to Apple's certificate be the cause of the onslaught of old updates?

Looks like this is the reason:

https://www.google.com/search?q=app+store+updates+old+site:forums.developer.apple.com&num=100&client=safari&hl=en-us&tbs=qdr:w&prmd=niv&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV0_feq87XAhVCqlQKHWzsDm8QrQIIKygCMAA&biw=1112&bih=793

Erm, that's a google search, can't see the reason in the first couple of results. What exactly is the reason?

This thread explains the certificate: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/92338

Phew! My brain does indeed still function after all. :*

• What if the (imminent, surely?) Samplr update drops and the cert is the only thing changed? >:)

• @TheVimFuego said:
    What if the (imminent, surely?) Samplr update drops and the cert is the only thing changed? >:)

The horror.

This thread explains the certificate: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/92338

That’s not an explanation, that’s two people guessing. We’ve got more than that guessing the same thing here on audiobus forum. It’s probably the case, but only according to belief, not verifiable canonical proof.

• edited November 2017

Yeah, no real explanation, and it doesn’t make sense at all to get people to update to an old version of the apps.
    Maybe the title should be changed so people won’t get all excited?

• Ok, title changed...stop beeing so excited guys!