Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy recording advice needed

Hi there!
I need an advice for the Loopy. I want to record to it using stereo audio interface, from both channels. But in this case the channels are panned hard left and hard right. It's not possible to pan them in a center. It's a loopy limitation. That makes live looping with 2 channels useless.
Have anybody figured out, how to route both channels to only left or right channel? May be using AUM or other mixer app in Audiobus?
Any help is really appreciated!

Comments

• JUST ME

AUM

Stereo Processing

Chan 1 -- Stereo Balance
    Chan 2 - Stereo Panning (pan the knob slider hard right)
    Chan 3 - Stereo Panning(pan knob slider hard left)

THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR AUDIO COMING IN VIA NOVATION AUDIO HUB.

• ALSO:

In AUM Each channel independent with Loopy in output slot and AUM opened in Audiobus.

ONLY 1 INSTANCE AUM in an input slot in Audiobus

• Thanks! Sounds quite complicated. I'll try that. Do your audio interface has 2 channels? And would you able to save the AUM state as a preset? Just never tryed AUM.. sorry for dumb questions!

• @dup said:
    Thanks! Sounds quite complicated. I'll try that. Do your audio interface has 2 channels? And would you able to save the AUM state as a preset? Just never tryed AUM.. sorry for dumb questions!

AUM is always surprising me on how versatile it is... and dumb questions is my department.

• @dup said:
    Thanks! Sounds quite complicated. I'll try that. Do your audio interface has 2 channels? And would you able to save the AUM state as a preset? Just never tryed AUM.. sorry for dumb questions!

Yes. You can save AUM the state.

• dupdup
    edited November 2017

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO:

In AUM Each channel independent with Loopy in output slot and AUM opened in Audiobus.

Thank you, I was able to route hardware Inputs to Loopy as Audiobus output. However i can't process loopy channels through reverb this way. Is there's a way to put loopy channel before the Fx in the chain?
    I need this chain: hardware input > stereo processing> loopy> reverb
    Is that possible?

• I think you can just load Loopy into Audiobus on its own track and add reverb there. You can load specific Loopy channels onto separate Audiobus tracks, or just the Loopy stereo output on a single Audiobus Track, or even both at the same time if you need to.

• @dup said:

AUM recognizes 3 diff channels in.

1 BOTH
    2 LEFT
    3 RIGHT

Great question.

That is the basis for my set up.

I use those orig settings posted in combination with the AUM channel recognition and pan accordingly.

YES. SAVES.

I will take screen shot and get it to you tonight or in the am.

• @dup said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO:

Thank you, I was able to route hardware Inputs to Loopy as Audiobus output. However i can't process loopy channels through reverb this way. Is there's a way to put loopy channel before the Fx in the chain?
    Is that possible?

Let me experiment before I answer.

• @CracklePot said:
    I think you can just load Loopy into Audiobus on its own track and add reverb there. You can load specific Loopy channels onto separate Audiobus tracks, or just the Loopy stereo output on a single Audiobus Track, or even both at the same time if you need to.

I'm asking because of specific loopy issue with stereo interfaces. It either recoords from one channel only, or records from both but pans them hard left and hard right, which is not possible to change afterwards. So in live performance situation you can't utilize both channels of you sound card. Or using AUM you can do that, but Loopy would be only the output in the chain, so you can't process individual channels thru the fx at audiobus. You can mix both channels to mono on the mixer after, but then all Fx gonna be mono as well...

• @dup said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO:

Is that possible?

I was responding to this and was simply suggesting: hardware input > stereo processing> loopy> audiobus>reverb.
    I thought you had your initial problem sorted already. Sorry, my mistake. :)

• @CracklePot said:

@dup said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    ALSO:

Is that possible?

I was responding to this and was simply suggesting: hardware input > stereo processing> loopy> audiobus>reverb.
    I thought you had your initial problem sorted already. Sorry, my mistake. :)

How you can add Loopy as destination in AUM? I cannot do that. Am i missing something? That would solve my problem definitely

• I don't think you can directly. You have to go out from AUM to Audiobus input, then to Loopy in Audiobus output. What I am suggesting is in Audiobus add Loopy as input as well so you can add effects before the signal goes to system output.
    You already have Loopy in the output slot, but that alone leaves Loopy's output connected directly to system output. There is nothing stopping you from intercepting Loopy's output with Audiobus, slapping on some reverb, and then sending it to system output.

• @Dubbylabby said:

That screengrab shows what I was trying to descibe exactly. Thanks @Dubbylabby .

@dup You can split your input signal with Audiobus as well, allowing you to possibly eliminate the need for AUM and simplify things. But I don't know what you have setup in AUM. If it is just inputting left/right audio from your audio device, you could just do that with Audiobus. You can control levels and mutes on the mixer page to effect the input signal before it goes into Loopy.