Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum synching pocket operators

Hello!
I have 2 pocket operators loaded in AUM via my audio interface. I want the POs to sync with AUM so when I press play in AUM the POs will start at the same time with other instruments loaded in AUM. Anyone know how to acheive that? Thanks

Comments

• AFAIK you can’t start/stop them.

You can sync tempo by sending them a click track. Probably easiest to sample the click from a P.O. and trigger the sample from your iOS sequencer.

• Korg synckontrol. You can actually start stop them since if no sync signal is going into the po’s those won’t Playback

• @mschenkel.it @TheMediocritist thank you. I'll try synckontrol

• Can't remember the keystroke but remember to set the POs to Volca sync mode. Shift + Tempo or something the internet knows about. Syn2 maybe?

• Shift+tempo is the correct answer

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Korg synckontrol. You can actually start stop them since if no sync signal is going into the po’s those won’t Playback

Thanks. Good to know. I might have a crack at this tonight.

• You can also record a click track from the po, trim it and sync aum and the ipad to the pocket as if aum was a po itself, if that make any sense, but you ll need another device to record the output.

• @TheMediocritist said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    Korg synckontrol. You can actually start stop them since if no sync signal is going into the po’s those won’t Playback

Hint: you can go batshit crazy with wierd click tracks

• @mschenkel.it said:

@TheMediocritist said:

@mschenkel.it said:

Hint: you can go batshit crazy with wierd click tracks

:o

• I can't start the po:s with this setup. The first op is set to sy3 and the second to sy4. The output jack from ipad is going to the first po. I can hear the sync signal from synckontrol if I plug on my headphone. I gues the signal from synckontrol is different from the signal expected by the po. Any ides what I do wrong?

• It's working I can sync the tempo now. The output volume with the sync signal from the ipad was too low that's why the po didn't start. I can't use aum to start it though. I have to start it using synckontrol. I would prefer AUM because it would start my ipad instruments at the same time

• Are the POs in play mode? The sync message is a simple impulse that will trigger the step forward but it needs to be playing.
    Have you tried inverting/monoing L/R? I can remember that, for one reason or another, korg swapped the channels for sync.

• @mschenkel.it Yes the POs are in play mode. When I press play in synckontrol the POs start to play. So I can start/stop the POs with synckontrol but I want to start/stop from AUM so instruments loaded in AUM and the POs start at the same time.

• @fattigman said:
    @mschenkel.it Yes the POs are in play mode. When I press play in synckontrol the POs start to play. So I can start/stop the POs with synckontrol but I want to start/stop from AUM so instruments loaded in AUM and the POs start at the same time.

No can do, since synkontrol won’t easily accept accept transport messages different than wits, which needs two different devices to run(iELECTRIBE/iMS-20 loaded in AUM syncing to a iPhone/other iPad via wits over WiFi). It is supposed to receive midi over network session but so far I can’t get it to start out of the box and wasn’t able to find any workaround

• edited October 2017

@mschenkel.it said:

No can do, since synkontrol won’t easily accept accept transport messages different than wits, which needs two different devices to run(iELECTRIBE/iMS-20 loaded in AUM syncing to a iPhone/other iPad via wits over WiFi). It is supposed to receive midi over network session but so far I can’t get it to start out of the box and wasn’t able to find any workaround

Ok. That's too bad. I don't think I fully understand the solution that @pierre is proposing. But as I understand, that solution wont sync start/stop my vitual instrument with the POs either.

• I would say the best bet would be recording the sync track and use it as a sample loop in aum. to some extent it will support also tempo changes as long the duty cycle/pulse width won't screw things up. Consider that if you stop the playback the PO's will just pause so you'll have manually re sync the playback phase(this would happens any way since midi clock has no transport control)

• @mschenkel.it thank you, I'll try that.

• edited November 2017

@pierre @mschenkel.it so I did make a sample of the click and played it as a loop from aum. The ouput of my ipad (with the click) is connected to the first po via the headphone jack. Aum managed to start the po:s.
    But I have no idea how to capture the output of the ipad instrument since the audio from the is the same output as the click sent to the first po.
    I'm not sure I'm making myself clear and I have spent hours figuring this out and I'm about to give up.
    Thank you for all the help.

• @fattigman said:
    @pierre @mschenkel.it so I did make a sample of the click and played it as a loop from aum. The ouput of my ipad (with the click) is connected to the first po via the headphone jack. Aum managed to start the po:s.
    But I have no idea how to capture the output of the ipad instrument since the audio from the is the same output as the click sent to the first po.
    I'm not sure I'm making myself clear and I have spent hours figuring this out and I'm about to give up.
    Thank you for all the help.

I guess that - unless you have a way to use multiple audio outputs - you're out of luck in that regard. Perhaps you can pull some tricks with stereo separation? Use left for the click and right/mono for the output. Not optimal though...

• @brambos thanks I was hoping this was a common problem with an easy solution but it doesn't seem so.

• Does anyone has a click track for sharing!? I don’t have the tools right now to sample this probably. Thanks in advanced!

• I never had luck with the PO's syncing or audio with more than 1 at a time.

The PO 12 is so quiet I can't ever get it to sound right with another PO.

My PO 12 is so quiet is actually hard to use at times because it takes such effort to fatten it up for my liking.

After getting Circuit, I don't think I have used the PO12 more than 2 times.

I love the SUB PO, but again, I have big fingers and bad eyes, so the PO's just aren't enjoyable to use. The SUB sounds are definitely worthy.

But, I don' know if they are worth the effort at points.

At best, PO are for me good for sample/process and reuse elsewhere. But, as far as live usage not really a thing for me unfortunately.

I am def jealous when I see people with all of them all hooked up and humming nice.

Never worked out for me to use like I see people online do.

Just me though.