Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 3.5 update. how is it for stability?

OK. so I am being a nervous nelly. I want the korg update , I especially want the User Program import export that Korg neglected to mention in its 'big knob' maximizer hype.. I definitely want the Vancouver sampler..
but of course every update can be a lottery, can anyone give any feedback on 3.5 update and it working aok without lags or slowdowns ( apart from the iap being unavailable just yet )
don't want to plunge in and then regret it. I am at ios 10.3.2 on a pro 10.5" ( i am aware of the other issues that brings )
@Samu ? all good?
I suppose i could take one for the 'team' but i have stuff to finish by next thursday so being cautious.

Comments

• I've not been able to purchase the new IAP Gadgets yet and I downloaded it like a few minutes ago :D

• edited November 2017

but is it stable other than that? I just migrated to a new 10.5 and i have a zillion presets in various gadgets that i want to move over, so i am totally made up that Korg have added preset import export at last!! but also don't want to be a guinea pig.

• Vancouver is working without purchase on mac

• And you can import 2 samples for each preset

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Vancouver is working without purchase on mac

Also Lisbon and deemax are free on mac

• Not available in the U S yet!

• All three new synths and DeeMax are paid for extensions in the IOS version. Can’t see how much though as it seems to crash if you try to buy any, seems like a big design flaw!

• Ok it's there but in the wrong place. It's only in the store if I do a gadget search. It's not listed with the other updates.

• @DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Free for Mac but an extra £30 (on special offer) for iOS users?

Sod off Korg, you've had enough of my money now.

• Tried to buy sci-fi or whatever its called and the app froze.

• @MonzoPro said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

+1 I will not be re-installing Gadget on the back of these as I have done with each of the previous additions....
    Time to lay gadget to rest for good.

• Mono Poly is free.

• Korg website says the new gadgets are already on sale (50% off for the next 2 weeks) but it’s still a freeze fest trying to see them in app.

http://www.korg.com/uk/products/software/korg_gadget/

Should be a quick fix, hopefully.

Anybody with one of those fancy new NI controller keyboards should be happy with the update.

I’m getting app fatigue these days. Hesitating with the bargain bin-priced Kauldron, for instance, because of mood, DRC, Zeeon, Model 15, iVCS3, Thor... But the Vancouver Gadget has my attention.

• @MonzoPro said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

If you add up the cost of all the IAPs the iOS version is probably more expensive than the desktop one. Without the AU functionality to boot.

Anyway, I'll probably get the sampler, even though it doesn't look that great. The "futuristic" thingie sounded truly horrible in the in-app demo so unless I hear something vaguely better I can pass on it.

• edited November 2017

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

If you add up the cost of all the IAPs the iOS version is probably more expensive than the desktop one. Without the AU functionality to boot.

Yep, iOS users have spent as much as desktop users, but we're expected to pay for updates. There were no discounts for us for getting the desktop version either.

I haven't bought a lot of the recent Gadgets now, so it's unlikely I'll bother with these. I'm not interested in funding development when desktop users get new stuff for nowt.

I'll be spending my money with Brambos instead.

• @MonzoPro said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Totally agree. There should be a massive discount for those who bought 5-6 of their instruments. They way this is going, Korg Gadget will cost over £500 in total...unacceptable

• Solid stable update but gotta agree they need to cool it with the IAPs. Standalone apps like M1, Module etc are totally cool but for international customers IAPs suck so much.

• Err, it does say you can import your own sounds...

• Cannot even download the update lol

So I’ll take that as a sign

I really don’t use gadget anymore anyway

Would be good to test Odessa with it tho

• @Tritonman said:
    Mono Poly is free.

$29.99 here

• I haven't bought it so my opinion is rather uninformed but I think Korg has got a bit lazy with Gadget. I see them as a progressive company but I'm completely underwhelmed and uninclined to spend any money on the gadgets. I would have rather waited another few months for something really special, made for touchscreen etc, but i guess now they have gadget on Mac it will be hard to achieve that.

• I think maybe if you already have Mono Poly, it now gets integrated into Gadget automatically. But if you don’t, you would need to buy it. It’s showing as Buy for me.

• @yowza said:

@Tritonman said:
    Mono Poly is free.

$29.99 here

Free on desktop.....

• I think the sampler is the missing part of the puzzle for me that lets me delete about 15 other apps....looking forward to the dlc working

• @yowza said:

@Tritonman said:
    Mono Poly is free.

$29.99 here

Talking about the gadget if you own iMono/Poly.

• Downloading on my Mac version now... Nice to be able to try out for free.

• @Tritonman said:

@yowza said:

@Tritonman said:
    Mono Poly is free.

$29.99 here

Talking about the gadget if you own iMono/Poly.

All of the IAP's for iOS Gadget except Ivory mobile Grand are fee on the desktop version
    From the Korg website

the KORG M1, WAVESTATION, iMono/Poly and ARP ODYSSEY, all available for immediate use.

All of these gadgets are tagged by instrument category and musical genre, and there's a new gadget selector that provides a sorted list of gadgets when you simply click the tags that you want. You can quickly select a gadget from the enormous collection, and use carefully selected parameters to rapidly shape your sound. KORG Gadget is the fastest way to obtain the sounds and the inspiration you need.

• All of the expansion sounds that can be purchased within the KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, iMono/Poly and ARP ODYSSEi apps are also included as standard with the exception of the Ivory Mobile Grand expansion sound library for KORG Module.
  • edited November 2017

@supadom said:
    I haven't bought it so my opinion is rather uninformed but I think Korg has got a bit lazy with Gadget. I see them as a progressive company but I'm completely underwhelmed and uninclined to spend any money on the gadgets. I would have rather waited another few months for something really special, made for touchscreen etc, but i guess now they have gadget on Mac it will be hard to achieve that.

Actually it's Gadget on IOS, Mac and Nintendo Switch.

• Sampler looks pretty well featured actually (more features than i'd have thought).

The mix button brings up the UI shown above where you can tune your two samples. The sub is presumably there to add in some low bass tone.

I'm not currently sure what turning the Sustain on EG1 or EG2 exactly does.

Back in the main UI you can choose to loop the end of the sample or not - and the loop points. I reckon this might be quite click-tastic though (since Korg seems not to implement micro-fades) unless you pick your loop points very carefully. I've not really experimented though.

Reverse does what you'd exact - and is nice to have.

Polyphony is nice (Bilbao and Abu are both monophonic in that if you trigger the same sample in quick succession you get cut-offs and clicks).

That's about it...

You an load in your own samples if you like. When I get some time i'm heading for Animoog!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@supadom said:
    I haven't bought it so my opinion is rather uninformed but I think Korg has got a bit lazy with Gadget. I see them as a progressive company but I'm completely underwhelmed and uninclined to spend any money on the gadgets. I would have rather waited another few months for something really special, made for touchscreen etc, but i guess now they have gadget on Mac it will be hard to achieve that.

Actually it's Gadget on IOS, Mac and Nintendo Switch.

We’re doomed. Apple Watch is next!