Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur or Touchable?

Which is better for controlling Ableton Live and why? Which is more stable and has more options?

Comments

• Touchable for ableton live... IMHO

• Touchable I would say as a dedicated standalone program. Lemur takes a bit more setting up, but gives you access to a lot more templates. I got Conductr aswell but having trouble restoring my purchases and the company not responding so wouldn’t get that.

• Lemur is quite more complicate to setup but with Pull (xMonsta) it could be interesting if devs are still on course...

• Lemur can do more, but it requires you to learn how to build templates, the editor is extremely complex and requires learning how it works. Touchable will most likely do what you want and it also lets you build custom page, but the editor is easy and you can build it on your ipad. Lemur editor is on desktop.

• Touchable is more likely to have the version 10 extras available sooner. Apparently all existing controller scripts work fine with the new one, I will check how touchable is going and report back...

• If it’s for ableton it’s touchable all the way.

• Lemur for Ableton is too much of a hassle, and not worth it, not a great user experience at all. The app itself is amazing though, but a major timesuck. I spent weeks and months developing templates, had a blast, and made zero music in the time. It's a different avenue to express yourself creatively and get into scripting/coding.

• RheymeJammer and updated versions of his template on Lemur if you got Ableton where pretty good.

• Have you considered Conductr? Just asking.

After this opinion:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I got Conductr aswell but having trouble restoring my purchases and the company not responding so wouldn’t get that.

No

• Touchable by a country mile. Its purpose built and very deep. Lemur only will go as deep as you or the preset maker you downloaded can go, but the Touchable people already went there and did Ableton, and did it real pretty I think. Lemur is killer for a lot of stuff, really good as a performer. Touchable covers performance and everything else.

• Wow. This was a pretty one-sided fight.

• edited November 2017

@CracklePot said:
    Wow. This was a pretty one-sided fight.

It's true. The only real competition for Touchable is hardware, like Push or the Novation pads.

• @MAtrixplan said:

Have you considered Conductr? Just asking.

After this opinion:

@Jumpercollins said:
    I got Conductr aswell but having trouble restoring my purchases and the company not responding so wouldn’t get that.

No

Well, that's unfortunate for that person. I've had Conductr, works well, very minimal set up. It's more a modular controller than an interface replacement.
    Stable, responsive over wireless, love it. Just my 2cents.