Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sales for Apps and Hardware

I’m assuming a lot of great apps as well as hardware will be going on sale this weekend and if your like me, you’re antsy AF and have cash in hand ready to blow. Post any deals you find here. I’ll start by saying reverb.com had like 15-20% off on gear last Black Friday. I’m pretty sure I snagged a handful of apps last year on sale at this time like KORG apps being 30% off etc.

Comments

• Just brought NI Razor synth for 50% off. I always grab something in the NI thanksgiving sale.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Just brought NI Razor synth for 50% off. I always grab something in the NI thanksgiving sale.

Wut...they’ve got a sale? Ahhhh

• edited November 2017

Positive Grid BIAS Amp for 5$

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Just brought NI Razor synth for 50% off. I always grab something in the NI thanksgiving sale.

Yes the yearly one started today.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Yes the yearly one started today.

Thanks for the heads-up. Wondering if I can pursuade Mrs Monzo to get me an Ultimate upgrade for Xmas. It’s about £230, but it’d cost me about £1200 to buy the bits I want separately.

• edited November 2017

Bestbuy (USA) will offer the iPad mini-4 (128gb wi-if) for $275 on Black Friday. I can't afford anything really, but I've gone through all of my piggy banks and found just enough change to cover the purchase.

I know it's the low end of the current Apple offerings, but I like my mini2 a hell of a lot and the mini-4 can run everything new, and the 128gb makes me drool (my largest capacity device is iPhone 6+ at 64gb). I won't have anything left over for apps but I'm pretty good on that front anyway (until the next big shiny thing comes along...).

• @TozBourne said:
    Bestbuy (USA) will offer the iPad mini-4 (128gb wi-if) for $275 on Black Friday. I can't afford anything really, but I've gone through all of my piggy banks and found just enough change to cover the purchase.

I know it's the low end of the current Apple offerings, but I like my mini2 a hell of a lot and the mini-4 can run everything new, and the 128gb makes me drool (my largest capacity device is iPhone 6+ at 64gb). I won't have anything left over for apps but I'm pretty good on that front anyway (until the next big shiny thing comes along...).

Mini 4 is what ive got and its handled alot of stuff! I get crackles when stacking mad reverbs and delays , but other than that its been really solid. Good choice.

• Thanks @Gaia.Tree I really appreciate your opinion on this.

• @TozBourne said:
    Bestbuy (USA) will offer the iPad mini-4 (128gb wi-if) for $275 on Black Friday.

That's an amazing price, would that get taxed if buying from Europe?

• I don't know why but I feel some news from Korg and Steinberg popping up on this coming Black Friday...

• edited November 2017

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TozBourne said:
    Bestbuy (USA) will offer the iPad mini-4 (128gb wi-if) for $275 on Black Friday.

That's beyond my knowledge.

I have to pay 8% tax, then I'll need a case...figure $30 minimum so I'm at around $330 total and that's just about how many pennies I've saved.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TozBourne said:

Almost certainly. Worth noting that US prices are always quoted without tax...

• Got Isotopes Iris 2 at the Plugin Boutique for under £40 the other week aswell.

• @cian said:

Almost certainly not. Sales taxes are state taxes. Who would they send the tax too if the order went to Europe?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@cian said:

Almost certainly not. Sales taxes are state taxes. Who would they send the tax too if the order went to Europe?

What about buying hardware in Europe and shipping to the US? Do we pay VAT or does the shipper?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@cian said:

But he would have to pay VAT plus any import taxes.

• @jigglypuff said:

What about buying hardware in Europe and shipping to the US? Do we pay VAT or does the shipper?

In most countries you can exempt from the VAT if you're ordering from the US, but only if the dealer is willing to handle the paperwork. Ask.

• @jigglypuff said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@cian said:

It's usually the shipper. It's been years since I've done this (and I now live in the US), but it was never particularly fun. Some shipping companies handle it better than others.

• Guys remember to use Doug’s links to get the apps you want, this way we can help out friend in need.

• Hoping for a deal of both Novation Circuits...:O

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Got Isotopes Iris 2 at the Plugin Boutique for under £40 the other week aswell.

Nice! I'm gonna jump on that.

• @raindro said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Got Isotopes Iris 2 at the Plugin Boutique for under £40 the other week aswell.

Nice! I'm gonna jump on that.

Here’s the link.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/1303

• Waves is a having a crazy sale on their plugins on their site if anyone is interested

• @jigglypuff said:

@cian said:

Hardware and software is usually more expensive in Europe.
    €219 over here and $199 in the US is a typical constellation. Which would be $258

• PuigTec EQs for $49. I wonder how they compare to the UAD plugins.
    Anyone here who has real life experience with Waves PuigTec EQs?
    The UAD versions did such a great job on vocals....

• @cian said:

@jigglypuff said:

@cian said:

It's usually the shipper. It's been years since I've done this (and I now live in the US), but it was never particularly fun. Some shipping companies handle it better than others.

I bought an Arturia Microbrute from the USA last year, listed at $145.00....i did the maths, thought it was still a good deal, and went for it. By the time t got here it had cost me £235.00, i had forgotten about the V.A.T! G.A.K. sells them for £225.00 here in Brighton, and it's a fifteen minute walk away........i had to wait three weeks for it to get here, and was a major P.I.T.A. I won't be doing that again.........To top it off, i have only played the thing about three times, coz the music has gone in a completely different direction since i got the Air 2!!!!!!!! Have chalked it down to experience......

• @Jumpercollins said:

yeah.... razor is awesome. i got that last year about this time.

• edited November 2017

@Iso said:
    I bought an Arturia Microbrute from the USA last year, listed at $145.00....

That would have been a pretty good price. Used microbrutes go for about $200 here in the San Francisco Bay Area

• That's what i thought.......!!!!!!

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Iso said:
    I bought an Arturia Microbrute from the USA last year, listed at $145.00....

That would have been a pretty good price. Used microbrutes go for about $200 here in the San Francisco Bay Area

Just had a look at the invoice, it was £145.00 + postage, sorry my mistake..........with postage it came to £182.19. The exchange rate was really good in June 2015 when i got it so it was a pretty good deal.........shame about the bloody V.A.T!!!!!!!!