Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App of the year poll on MusicRadar

I can think of lots and lots of stuff that should be available to vote for, nice that Synthscaper made the list!
BM3, PPG Infinite, Brambos and the Audio Damage stuff are among the first glaring omissions

http://www.musicradar.com/news/what-is-the-best-new-ios-app-or-hardware-of-2017

Comments

• Yeah - this poll is BS.

• App of the year for me is a soon to be released drum machine that makes excellent use of the touch interface....

• Worst poll ever

• @ALB said:
    Yeah - this poll is BS.

indeed, it does look entirely biased towards advertisers on their site.. Cubasis 2 came out in august 2016 , for instance. unfortunately there isn't a tick box for BS or even 'other'.
    corporate publishing.. but they do give away some ok sample sets monthly, so i'm keeping my outrage to a minimum.. a sean connery raised eyebrow at worst.

• edited November 2017

Bs

• lol Roli Noise. The only thing going for that is the nicely crafted sounds. Literally everything else about that app is terrible

• @db909 said:
    lol Roli Noise. The only thing going for that is the nicely crafted sounds. Literally everything else about that app is terrible

True that, deleted it already, could not even access the drum-sounds when it was used as AUv3.
    I guess it needs a Roli-Controller be be somewhat useful...

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    App of the year for me is a soon to be released drum machine that makes excellent use of the touch interface....

what is that?

• @RockySmalls said:

@ALB said:
    Yeah - this poll is BS.

indeed, it does look entirely biased towards advertisers on their site.. Cubasis 2 came out in august 2016 , for instance. unfortunately there isn't a tick box for BS or even 'other'.
    corporate publishing.. but they do give away some ok sample sets monthly, so i'm keeping my outrage to a minimum.. a sean connery raised eyebrow at worst.

the poll may be bs, but Cubasis would be high on my list for this year because 2.1 was a game changer with the rewrite of midi editing and AB3 support ...

• edited November 2017

“We might not quite be at the stage when an iPad (or possibly even an iPhone) could become your primary production platform, but we’re not too far away from it.”

Certainly true if you don’t include BM3, at least in my case.

• @eross said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    App of the year for me is a soon to be released drum machine that makes excellent use of the touch interface....

what is that?

Snap from Reactable, it's out tomorrow according to twitter. It took me a while to get into it properly, simple interface but very responsive and some little features that nothing else can do...

• Yes, it's BS not because the apps selected to run, but because there's such a list without the option for the voters to chose "other" and specify which other app to vote for. So yes, it seems just another way to promote advertisers and, while there's nothing wrong with promotion, doing it disguise of something else is never cool.

That said, I voted for Garageband: that was indeed a game changer.

• @nick said:

@RockySmalls said:

@ALB said:
    Yeah - this poll is BS.

the poll may be bs, but Cubasis would be high on my list for this year because 2.1 was a game changer with the rewrite of midi editing and AB3 support ...

yes, no disrespect to any of the included tings, cubasis is where everything gets pulled together for me too. it's just a very short and blinkered list to represent, in the words of JC
    " a very big and tasty world "

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@eross said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

what is that?

Snap from Reactable, it's out tomorrow according to twitter. It took me a while to get into it properly, simple interface but very responsive and some little features that nothing else can do...

Oh yes. I remember that one looking interesting to me. I didn't like Rotor very much though, so I will have to take a deeper look at Snap when it arrives. I might be bugging you for feedback on it @BlueGreenSpiral. :)

• edited November 2017

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@eross said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

what is that?

Was just looking at the video
    The video seem to be about 1 month old.. were more features added like probability?
    GarageBand seem to have beat sequencing down... hoping for something like it.. out of the ‘box’.

• The fact that there is no mention of BM3, Mood, Zeeon, Quantum or Brambos apps on the list (as well as many others), show a real lack of credibility. Three from Korg? Really? It's not to say that Korg doesn't make some very fine stuff, but it's not really next-level/innovative stuff (to me, anyway).

• @ALB said:
    The fact that there is no mention of BM3, Mood, Zeeon, Quantum or Brambos apps on the list (as well as many others), show a real lack of credibility. Three from Korg? Really? It's not to say that Korg doesn't make some very fine stuff, but it's not really next-level/innovative stuff (to me, anyway).

It is not innovative at all but it is what most people will probably have in their devices first

• I was not aware that there was a Korg Edition of Monopoly. Won't replace my Classic Star Wars Monopoly though. B)

• edited November 2017

Droll list. I voted for GarageBand

• @OscarSouth said:
    Drill list. I voted for GarageBand

I believe that is just exactly what the poll was expecting. My thought is that its an empty poll to produce an achievement of excellence for GarageBand. That's just the way it seemed to me.

• how is Garageband or Cubasis a ‘new app of 2017’ ?

• edited November 2017

@JudgeDredd sounds realistic, honestly on that list I think that GarageBand has by far made the biggest leaps this year.

• @AudioGus said:
    “We might not quite be at the stage when an iPad (or possibly even an iPhone) could become your primary production platform, but we’re not too far away from it.”

So you are saying that BM3 is the only pro tool on iOS?

I beg to differ

We have hundreds of pro tools and none can be singled out as the best or most pro

A professional attitude can enable one to make a pro track with an old school Casio and a four track cassette

But iOS is truly way beyond that

• Anyone else seen that new ‘broken record’ app, which can only export projects in the form of mundanely repetitive forum posts?

• @CracklePot said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@eross said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

what is that?

Oh yes. I remember that one looking interesting to me. I didn't like Rotor very much though, so I will have to take a deeper look at Snap when it arrives. I might be bugging you for feedback on it @BlueGreenSpiral. :)

It's really pretty underwhelming, but maybe there's some midi under the hood I'm missing? It's a nice interface, but I can't figure out how to send midi to Ruismaker, say. It's a poor relation I think to the new beatmaker in GarageBand.

• edited November 2017

@Love3quency said:

@AudioGus said:

So you are saying that BM3 is the only pro tool on iOS?

I beg to differ

We have hundreds of pro tools and none can be singled out as the best or most pro

A professional attitude can enable one to make a pro track with an old school Casio and a four track cassette

But iOS is truly way beyond that

Nah, that's just @AudioGus . He seems to have built a new workflow entirely focused on BM3. For him, there is no equal. I'm sure it's not the case for everybody, but it works for him.

• edited November 2017

Well, @AudioGus is an ordained minister of the Intua order.
    https://tenor.com/view/pastor-priest-force-jedi-gif-7714913

• @OscarSouth said:
    Anyone else seen that new ‘broken record’ app, which can only export projects in the form of mundanely repetitive forum posts?

I resemble that remark.

• @ALB said:
    The fact that there is no mention of BM3, Mood, Zeeon, Quantum or Brambos apps on the list (as well as many others), show a real lack of credibility. Three from Korg? Really? It's not to say that Korg doesn't make some very fine stuff, but it's not really next-level/innovative stuff (to me, anyway).

+1 Brambos and BM3 are in my top 3.