Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone 7/8 .. which accessory you use ? For Lightning + headphone

Hi I’m not talking about an interface .. which I have .. just an accessory wherein I can plug in to lightning port (eg mic or irig) and listen via headphones.. something mobile which I can use on the go... as of now I can’t plug my irig hd and then listen to headphones ... Bluetooth has undesirable latency

Comments

• edited November 2017

Didn't you get the Lightning->3.5mm dongle with your phone?

I've actually bought the Lightning->3.5mm dongle since I needed an extra output to monitor the recordings I make with my Røde SmartLav+ (I've only got the iPhone 5 and iPad Air 2 though).

Belkin makes one with two lightning ports or one with lightning + 3.5mm...
    (I think they call them Rockstar something).
    http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=271547

• No I want use lighting and headphone the same time

• I think that's a 'no can do' at the moment.
    IK has updated most of their stuff to include a headphone jack...

• I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

• Ik multimedia replied .. said iPhone dock can be used .. the limited would be you can’t move it around

• What’s required is the cck3 with a charge and headphone dock! The Belkin adapter does not allow USB midi through to the phone, only sync data from pc.

• @Nu2moro said:
    What’s required is the cck3 with a charge and headphone dock! The Belkin adapter does not allow USB midi through to the phone, only sync data from pc.

I find that a quite strange limitation?!
    If 'sync' to a computer works it would mean IDAM on a Mac host should work too?

Could it be that the Belkin adapter just doesn't provide any power thru the Lightning port to drive external devices and only accepts incoming power for charge and since the computer already powers itself it 'works'?

• I tried using the Belkin adapter connected to the plugable usb hub (connected to external power as that charges the phone) still didn’t work. When you use the Belkin to sync to the pc it allows the phone to charge so not sure why it doesn’t allow usb midi data?
    It could be a useful piece of kit if that feature was enabled!

• @Nu2moro said:
    I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

What usb audio adapter did you buy?

• Plugable and the plugable usb audio adapter

• edited November 2017

@Nu2moro said:
    Plugable and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery plugged in to the cck3 to make it portable with the phone.

• Haven’t yet plugged my guitar in to the audio adapter to check if latency is useable as I need to convert the lead to a 3.5mm TRS. There is no perceptible delay when using the usb midi keyboard on the audio out.

• @AlexB said:

@Nu2moro said:
    I have had to buy the cck3, a plugable hub and the plugable usb audio adapter. I use a battery to power the set up to make it portable. It’s not ideal but it’s the only way I’ve have found and been advised so far.

What usb audio adapter did you buy?

>

I believe with a CCK3 and something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XNJLHXS

You have enough.

• @AlexB said:

@AlexB said:

I believe with a CCK3 and something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Micolindun-External-Sound-Adapter-Laptop/dp/B06XNJLHXS

You have enough.

That should work ;-)

• Tnks guys!!!

• Hi there! Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I’m in the same boat. I don’t want to buy a new iRig HD2 as I’m happy with my iRig HD but of course as you know there is no headphone port. So.....I’ve read your solutions @Nu2moro and @AlexB and as a very low tech person I’d be grateful for economical links to what I need to solve this. I need to use my mic with iPhone XS Max. Thanks guys!

• Can’t you use the lighting CCK with additional lightning port? You get a usb and lightning jack. Plug the iRig into the usb and headphones into the lightning via lightning to headphone adaptor.

Audio on the iPhone = Dongle city.

It’s an expensive dongle (the CCK with lightning port). You could buy a Zoom U22 for the same money which has everything you need in one box.

• edited March 2019

I use and recommend The Ugreen powered usb hub with audio in & out w/ an Apple CCK.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

@klownshed said:
    Can’t you use the lighting CCK with additional lightning port? You get a usb and lightning jack. Plug the iRig into the usb and headphones into the lightning via lightning to headphone adaptor.

That won’t work. The lightning port on the CCK is for charging only. No data passes over it, only over the USB.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

I have one like this (different brand) and it has worked OK in my somewhat limited usage.
    https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Splitter-Headphone-Compatible-Supported/dp/B07MTC66R6/ref=sr_1_9

• @wim said:

@klownshed said:
    Can’t you use the lighting CCK with additional lightning port? You get a usb and lightning jack. Plug the iRig into the usb and headphones into the lightning via lightning to headphone adaptor.

That won’t work. The lightning port on the CCK is for charging only. No data passes over it, only over the USB.

Bugger. Didn’t realise that! Thats crazy!

• @klownshed said:
    Bugger. Didn’t realise that! Thats crazy!

My thoughts exactly.

• My personal preference is for an audio interface with midi and headphone out and battery power. I chose the zoom but it’s a lot bigger than the iRig. It’s good though.

I use it with an old CCK and 30 pin to lightning adaptor just to make sure I’m using enough dongles. It works.

• @Dr_M said:
    I use and recommend The Ugreen powered usb hub with audio in & out w/ an Apple CCK.

Is that stereo or mono in please?

• I’m picking up this thread, because I want a simple splitter that I can use in my car. I do not want to include a USB hub in the chain. I just want a dongle like this that works.

Reviews on Amazon are sketch and I’m wondering if anyone has a favorite dongle that works for them?