Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset Challenge: Create Zeeon Preset Closest To Processed Rythm Electric Guitar

Is there someone to take up the challenge? Doesn’t have to be realistic just sound like if you’re strumming a processed Electric guitar with Chorus, Delay and Reverb, and subtly overdriven :p

Comments

• Can’t beat sobtly overdrive ;)

• Sobtly overdrive is the cornerstone sound of Emo, yes?

• Lol, well played!

• I would just start with a sound that sounds somewhat like a clean guitar sound and then actually use Chorus, Delay and Reverb, and sobtly overdriven effects.

• And what do we win?
    Btw the strum should be internal to the patch?

• edited November 2017

Lol!! Well here’s my short clip of my Zeeon Electric Processed guitar sound... no where realistic but I liked it :D
    Used Zeeon
    ChrodUp app for the strumming and chords
    Funk Drummer

• Yummy I liked that, off to watch some chordup videos! Planning and purchasing a Korg Pa700 for sometime in the early new year or sooner and the strumming on that thing is amazing sounding. Thanks for peaking my interest.

• Thanks! Make sure you have ChordUp to output velocity to max 127 I think .

@Tritonman said:
    Yummy I liked that, off to watch some chordup videos! Planning and purchasing a Korg Pa700 for sometime in the early new year or sooner and the strumming on that thing is amazing sounding. Thanks for peaking my interest.

• Does anyone know when Doug is going to review ChrodUp and Sobtly?

• I highly recommend this app ChordUp. The latest update really made it useable for me for guitar strumming especially on the iPhone.

@Clam said:
    Does anyone know when Doug is going to review ChrodUp and Sobtly?

• Hey, @MusicMan4Christ. I was just having a little fun since your iPhone said "ChrodUp" and of course the rest. I've been meaning to PM you about your church. I'm at a church here in Kauai, Hawaii--retired from the worship team because they got too talented for me!

• I did it in mood, does that count? Very easy with Oscillator 3 providing some distortion via modulation of 1 and 2

• edited November 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Lol!! Well here’s my short clip of my Zeeon Electric Processed guitar sound... no where realistic but I liked it :D
    Used Zeeon
    Funk Drummer

Wow this was nice!

btw. There is a Bass guitar preset (26) in Zeeon 1 bank I'm quite proud of ;). Still mastering sound design.

As about electric guitar, I would start from PWM. Maybe OSC2 -> OSC1 PW.

• edited November 2017

Wow I’m honored Man from the creator himself! :o

Thanks for the preset ideas didn’t have any idea where to start.

That preset #26 Bass guitar is awesome!!’

I’ll post my remixed patch here if anyone would like to work on it and make it better. I have no idea what I did but just went with my ears and turned knobs , switches and heard. Can be better though , I know there’s great programmers out here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qgyds2glc3dsx0/MusicMan4Christ.znb?dl=0

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Used Zeeon
    Funk Drummer

Wow this was nice!

btw. There is a Bass guitar preset (26) in Zeeon 1 bank I'm quite proud of ;). Still mastering sound design.

• edited November 2017

Joining the party

osc 1 - pulse , osc 2 - saw / tri
    osc 2 +19 semitones
    osc 2 modulates osc 1 PW
    filter: mm12, slight resonance
    LFO1 - pitch , LFO 2 - filter cutoff

Not quite guitar.. :) a lot can be improved (filter, envelope) but its a good base

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Wow I’m honored Man from the creator himself! :o

Thanks for the preset ideas didn’t have any idea where to start.

That preset #26 Bass guitar is awesome!!’

I’ll post my remixed patch here if anyone would like to work on it and make it better. I have no idea what I did but just went with my ears and turned knobs , switches and heard. Can be better though , I know there’s great programmers out here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qgyds2glc3dsx0/MusicMan4Christ.znb?dl=0

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Used Zeeon
    Funk Drummer

Wow this was nice!

This is nice...thanks

• Gonna try those settings :)
    this synth is so awesome!

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Used Zeeon
    Funk Drummer

Wow this was nice!

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Joining the party

osc 1 - pulse , osc 2 - saw / tri
    osc 2 +19 semitones
    osc 2 modulates osc 1 PW
    filter: mm12, slight resonance
    LFO1 - pitch , LFO 2 - filter cutoff

Not quite guitar.. :) a lot can be improved (filter, envelope) but its a good base

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/49mr3l7w6lwrfwf/MusicMan4Christ.znb?dl=0

Late to the party :# I didn’t get nearly as close to authentic as @giku_beepstreet did—that patch is jamming! But these are in the ballpark of a stringed instrument. Might be more dulcimer than elec guitar though. But if you run that first “dry” one through something like BiasFX, ToneStack, etc. then things will start to sound more authentic for certain. Sidenote: I forgot how much fun it is to play a synth through an Amp sim app! Anyway, have a go at these and see if they’ll help get you closer to your idea.