Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that i would gladly pay 50 €/$/ for:

1. Thor 2.0 Auv3 with updated highend synth engine
  2. A great SH-101 emulation Auv3
  3. A great D-50 emulation Auv3

I hope some of those talented devs read this ;-)
Won't hold my breath for Roland, they seem to hate iOS with a passion, i'll guess due to the low App prices.

Comments

• Clip Studio Paint. Hell, I’d give ‘em the full $199 if it meant not having to pay a subscription.

• An app that would prevent iOS update reminders.
    Izotope RX iOS
    Eventide h9 iOS

• playground with sample import and editing

Samplr with panning , fx motion sequencing, and sample editing within the slot, and if he'd replace the scratcher with some interesting modulation mangling fx mode, and finally midi learn

J. Lilla's beatslicer

• A proper metering tool as an AU.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    An app that would prevent iOS update reminders.
    Izotope RX iOS
    Eventide h9 iOS

OOOh yes Eventide H9. Apparently there already is an iPad App to control the unit, so it shouldn't even be that much work for the company to bake it into an AUv3, depending on the DSP code i guess.

I'm not a dev but i have to guess that a lot of stuff wouldn't be that hard to port over, like Audiodamage is doing for example. It's gotta be a business decision to not do so...

• None. I’m not wealthy and with unlimited resources. So IOS prices are a blessing at their levels.

• At around that sort of price iOS would not likely be the cheap option unless the developer was highly trusted to be around to take care of the software in the long haul.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    None. I’m not wealthy and with unlimited resources. So IOS prices are a blessing at their levels.

They aren't if they keep companies out of the market, like Roland. Well and let's not forget that Apple is pocketing 30% anyway....

• I’d pay over $50 ..or even somewhat close to desktop prices , for any great desktop synth port (Any of the older U-he synths or other big names in the business) ... It wouldn’t even have to be a completely redesigned U.I. - Sugar Bytes ports were sufficient for me ..I just want the under-the-hood power + audiobus or even AU support.

Same for native instruments disk streaming sample engine + soundpacks,. Or an iPad version of something like Reason.

Of course most of that is wishful thinking. :) I try not to let reality get in the way of my iOS fantasies.

• @knewspeak said:
    At around that sort of price iOS would not likely be the cheap option unless the developer was highly trusted to be around to take care of the software in the long haul.

While i think it's awesome that we got so many Apps on the cheap, but an inevitable aspect of the maturing of the platform would be higher prices for higher quality apps.

• Nanostudio 2!

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I’d pay over $50 ..or even somewhat close to desktop prices , for any great desktop synth port (Any of the older U-he synths or other big names in the business) ... It wouldn’t even have to be a completely redesigned U.I. - Sugar Bytes ports were sufficient for me ..I just want the under-the-hood power + audiobus or even AU support.

Same for native instruments disk streaming sample engine + soundpacks,. Or an iPad version of something like Reason.

Of course most of that is wishful thinking. :) I try not to let reality get in the way of my iOS fantasies.

Me too, but i disagree on the UI part. Without a great UI i would stick with the desktop version...I've watched some interviews with Urs how they achieve their great sound, they do massive oversampling and i think they use a lot of AVX2 CPU instruction set. I guess they would have to hire @giku_beepstreet to get comparable results on iOS, so i would think this is more a technical limitation of the platform, than just an economic decision.

The Roland D-50 sholdn't be any problem for any iPad though...

• edited November 2017

@syrupcore said:
    Nanostudio 2!

Just looked it up, it seems to be an incredible amount of work to do a complete DAW one your own, and having to compete with BM3, Gadget, GarageBand etc.

• @iOSounddesign said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I’d pay over $50 ..or even somewhat close to desktop prices , for any great desktop synth port (Any of the older U-he synths or other big names in the business) ... It wouldn’t even have to be a completely redesigned U.I. - Sugar Bytes ports were sufficient for me ..I just want the under-the-hood power + audiobus or even AU support.

Me too, but i disagree on the UI part. Without a great UI i would stick with the desktop version...I've watched some interviews with Urs how they achieve their great sound, they do massive oversampling and i think they use a lot of AVX2 CPU instruction set. I guess they would have to hire @giku_beepstreet to get comparable results on iOS, so i would think this is more a technical limitation of the platform, than just an economic decision.

U-he synths like the soon coming Repro-5 (which i would call personally yet as the next step in analog modelling.....it is a Prophet 5 on steroids) can use multiple cores to spread the load (like ACE and DIVA).
    I think there is no company for me which does so many synths so right in terms of sounds, GUI and value like U-he.
    I got ACE for $19 and it sounds amazing. It´s in your face analog and superb FX too.
    The Legend (many says this is the best Minimoog emulation until now) uses a vector core thing. Means 4 voices won´t tax the cpu much more than one due to clever programming.
    But to the topic i would pay for sure 50 for these on iOS. They offer great options like outstanding Fx on top and The Legend f.e. has an FX version on top.
    Zebra would be great but the GUI would be too complex for even a 12.9" screen i think.
    P900 is my fav from all synths i own. It just sound like pure electricity. It´s like Model 15 on steroids which a more analog feeling and a great FX as well. The GUI is awesome (it used Apple´s metal like Model 15).
    But while there are still more "complete" synths on desktop i also would pay 50 bucks for a lot great iOS synths.
    Zeeon f.e. would be worth 50 if it came with a few more options, some more performance tools and maybe a better patch management and more patches.
    I would pay also 50+ for the first iOS synth which offers custom skins. I f.e. son´t like the Zebra GUI so much but a third party from someone let me use it in a total other way like it´s a major update.

• @syrupcore said:
    Nanostudio 2!

+1 Yeah, sure i will buy it for even more. The synth alone is worth it since it´s a little Falcon.

• edited November 2017

IKaossilator with 8 tracks of Groovebox type synths plus sampler and Figure style fx automation or Kaoss pad style automation. I'd pay over 100 dollars for this actually. Shame no one has stepped up to the plate

• @Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

U-he synths like the soon coming Repro-5 (which i would call personally yet as the next step in analog modelling.....it is a Prophet 5 on steroids) can use multiple cores to spread the load (like ACE and DIVA).
    I think there is no company for me which does so many synths so right in terms of sounds, GUI and value like U-he.
    I got ACE for $19 and it sounds amazing. It´s in your face analog and superb FX too.
    The Legend (many says this is the best Minimoog emulation until now) uses a vector core thing. Means 4 voices won´t tax the cpu much more than one due to clever programming.
    But to the topic i would pay for sure 50 for these on iOS. They offer great options like outstanding Fx on top and The Legend f.e. has an FX version on top.
    Zebra would be great but the GUI would be too complex for even a 12.9" screen i think.
    P900 is my fav from all synths i own. It just sound like pure electricity. It´s like Model 15 on steroids which a more analog feeling and a great FX as well. The GUI is awesome (it used Apple´s metal like Model 15).
    But while there are still more "complete" synths on desktop i also would pay 50 bucks for a lot great iOS synths.
    Zeeon f.e. would be worth 50 if it came with a few more options, some more performance tools and maybe a better patch management and more patches.
    I would pay also 50+ for the first iOS synth which offers custom skins. I f.e. son´t like the Zebra GUI so much but a third party from someone let me use it in a total other way like it´s a major update.

Now downloading the P900 Demo. The video looks/sounds ridiculous! Zeeon is worth more than it costs, i agree.

I just don't get why there isn't a 101, like TAL Bassline 101. Should be perfect on the ipad...

• @db909 said:
    IKaossilator with 8 tracks of Groovebox type synths plus sampler and Figure style fx automation or Kaoss pad style automation. I'd pay over 100 dollars for this actually. Shame no one has stepped up to the plate

y. e. s

• @syrupcore said:
    Nanostudio 2!

+1 ;)

• Fabfilter Timeless and Saturn as audio units

• I’d pay $50 for iSymphnic...er, wait...I already did that as a very early adopter (bought it first day of release...wouldn’t do it again though...because I have no money...LOL).

• @Cib P900 is nice, but unfortunately the interface is too small for my screen. The u-he synths look far better on my 40" 4k desktop monitor, and if i use a virtual modular it better uses every inch of my screen...

• @kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

y. e. s

Count me in too.

• edited November 2017

I'd pay 50 bucks for the Peter Vogel CMI thing if he adds midi output.
    It's my favorite sequencer...
    $50 for multitracks in TwistedWave and another 50 for proper region management.

• I’d pay $99-$199 for a proper Melodyne clone.

• I forgot an obvious one in my list :https://www.mellotron.com/digital-mini-mellotron.html i'd consider 50 bucks a bargain on this...

• @iOSounddesign said:
    @Cib P900 is nice, but unfortunately the interface is too small for my screen. The u-he synths look far better on my 40" 4k desktop monitor, and if i use a virtual modular it better uses every inch of my screen...

For me it´s fine on my Macbook Pro retina 15" and i use the large window. There are 4 sizes to choose. So XXL is still too small?
    Also zooming works smooth.
    It´s a one man show too i think and there is also only a mac version yet.
    I love it really. It can create some awesome sounds. Nothing better yet for gnarly bass and brass (beside Repro maybe). The plate reverb is fantastic. I wish an iOS synth has such a great reverb.
    But yeah, U-he is still king when it comes to GUI and most other things synths related.

• edited November 2017

@Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:
    @Cib P900 is nice, but unfortunately the interface is too small for my screen. The u-he synths look far better on my 40" 4k desktop monitor, and if i use a virtual modular it better uses every inch of my screen...

For me it´s fine on my Macbook Pro retina 15" and i use the large window. There are 4 sizes to choose. So XXL is still too small?
    I love it really. It can create some awesome sounds. Nothing better yet for gnarly bass and brass (beside Repro maybe). The plate reverb is fantastic. I wish an iOS synth has such a great reverb.
    But yeah, U-he is still king when it comes to GUI and most other things synths related.

It should be an easy fix for the dev though...maybe i'll let him now. It is a great synth no doubt about it, and kinda funny that's exactly the same modules as the Moog model 15...with metal graphics as well.

Anyway, P900 is nice but Model 15 is more than adequate, no need for another model 15 on iOS.

• @iOSounddesign said:

@Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:

It should be an easy fix for the dev though...maybe i'll let him now. It is a great synth no doubt about it, and kinda funny that's exactly the same modules as the Moog model 15...with metal graphics as well.

Yes, but it has a bit more power under the hood. You can have as many output as you like and also it has some more modules (but not the fixed filter bank which i never use anyway).
    The envelopes are more modeled to a Minimoog. They have more bite. The overdrive is superb too. The default patches doesn´t show really what it can do.
    The sequencer is brilliant. Best i used in any synth so far. So versatile.
    I like that you can go very far but it still has limits. It can be hard on cpu but you can turn oversampling off (or use 2X, 4X or 8X) which works good mostly too here.
    I saw there is also a sampler module in the work.
    It´s really underrated for me and it´s amazing what a single developer can do (like some of the iOS developers as well).

• @Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@Cib said:

@iOSounddesign said:

Yes, but it has a bit more power under the hood. You can have as many output as you like and also it has some more modules (but not the fixed filter bank which i never use anyway).
    The envelopes are more modeled to a Minimoog. They have more bite. The overdrive is superb too. The default patches doesn´t show really what it can do.
    The sequencer is brilliant. Best i used in any synth so far. So versatile.
    I like that you can go very far but it still has limits. It can be hard on cpu but you can turn oversampling off (or use 2X, 4X or 8X) which works good mostly too here.
    I saw there is also a sampler module in the work.
    It´s really underrated for me and it´s amazing what a single developer can do (like some of the iOS developers as well).

Yea but no one would care, besides you. I remember when Model 15 arrived, that everyone was pissed at moog for not releasing it on the desktop. So there was a void, and it got filled. There is no void on iOS for vintage Moog modular systems...

But there definitely is a void for a SH-101, for example!