Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: BandCamp?

Maybe I’m just having a particularly thick morning, but how does one upload content to BandCamp?

I have an account set up, can see it in any IOS browser, and even downloaded the toy town app. But nowhere can I find controls for using this site for anything other than browsing music already there.

Surely, I am missing something right before my eyes?

Comments

• it's not easy on ios.. you can start a new album and edit the text and images etc.. but for uploading yr tracks its best to have a browser on a pc or maybe mac.. Apple REALLY don't like Bandcamp ( its much fairer to artists AND punters so hence an itunes or apple music killer, well it would be if the general public had any ethics re music ) it's also very hard for punters to get the downloads on ios, they have to use the app or another computer to get the files.. so in the real world, it might be best to do Bandcamp and try sort out some apple friendy outlet just to cover the vast market of apple acolytes..
    i usually upload all tracks from my surfacePRo then do all the rest of the editing on ios where possible.

• @RockySmalls said:
    it's not easy on ios.. you can start a new album and edit the text and images etc.. but for uploading yr tracks its best to have a browser on a pc or maybe mac.. Apple REALLY don't like Bandcamp ( its much fairer to artists AND punters so hence an itunes or apple music killer, well it would be if the general public had any ethics re music ) it's also very hard for punters to get the downloads on ios, they have to use the app or another computer to get the files.. so in the real world, it might be best to do Bandcamp and try sort out some apple friendy outlet just to cover the vast market of apple acolytes..
    i usually upload all tracks from my surfacePRo then do all the rest of the editing on ios where possible.

also, by 'account' do you mean you have started a collection or have you actually registered as an 'artist' . if you have you will have chosen a REALLYSUCCESSFULARTIST.BANDCAMP.COM url on thier site, then you can click on 'new album' to start uploading etc..

• @RockySmalls said:
    it's not easy on ios.. you can start a new album and edit the text and images etc.. but for uploading yr tracks its best to have a browser on a pc or maybe mac..

>

Thanks, Rocky. Then it’s not just me. :) I’ve been up to my office, and tried with my PC, signing in to the site. But I still don’t see any controls for uploading content. Madness.

Also, the general and artist apps are beyond craptastic. The latter let me in once only, then insisted there was no such name. But inputting the same data into a browser aimed at the site...there we were!

• yeah, I don,t use the 'apps' it's definitely built for browser editing.. all works fine on a pc with firefox so I haven't tried any alternative for two years or so... ymmv
    lemmy know if you find any good ios workarounds :)

• edited November 2017

@RockySmalls said:
    also, by 'account' do you mean you have started a collection or have you actually registered as an 'artist' . if you have you will have chosen a REALLYSUCCESSFULARTIST.BANDCAMP.COM url on thier site, then you can click on 'new album' to start uploading etc..

>

Hard to tell. If I use -

REALLYSUCCESSFULARTIST.BANDCAMP.COM

I am able to log-in, but still no controls. All I see is this -

• The logical thing would be for the AudioShare dev to facilitate upload to band camp from it. I did mention it to him ages ago but I think he would need to see a demand first

I’d like this feature because SoundCloud is truly terrible and so are it’s related apps

Right now I can only upload to YouTube which is ok for demos

• right at the very bottom of the browser page is a LOG IN button. and ( annoyingly ) right at the very top right hand of the page is an ADD MUSIC button once you are in..
    unless they have done something really Fwit to mess it all up?

• Seems to work for me, after logging in I get this:

bc.jpg 56.9K
  • @Love3quency said:
    The logical thing would be for the AudioShare dev to facilitate upload to band camp from it.

Yes, please. :)

• sorry , left hand!
    never did get the right left thing sorted in my brain :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Love3quency said:
    The logical thing would be for the AudioShare dev to facilitate upload to band camp from it.

Yes, please. :)

I just posted a poll, please vote

• @RockySmalls said:
    sorry , left hand!
    never did get the right left thing sorted in my brain :)

>

The only log-in I see in a browser is top left. The site allows me to log-in....then nothing.

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    Seems to work for me, after logging in I get this:

This is exactly what I am NOT seeing when logging in. When logged in as Artist, I see this -

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Seems to work for me, after logging in I get this:

This is exactly what I am NOT seeing when logging in.

Strange, have you uploaded stuff before? I haven't added anything yet, and to be honest I signed up ages ago so can't remember how I set it up.

• Trying different browsers doesn’t help, at least on IOS. It occurs to me that I tried with Vivaldi on the PC, and very occasionally that has had a problem with a site.

But really, the controls or a method of accessing them, should be available on pretty much anything that will connect to the site. So I am temporarily baffled.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Strange, have you uploaded stuff before? I haven't added anything yet, and to be honest I signed up ages ago so can't remember how I set it up.

I haven’t uploaded to BandCamp before. I set up an account with them and with Orfium, just before my brush with death. There has to be a really simple explanation, something so blindingly obvious....

• Solved!

Even though I could log-in as artist, and the site showed this, I had to sign-up again as an artist, before seeing option to upload.

Onwards and upwards...once I have mixed a few tunes to their required format.

Thanks all for your posts.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Solved!

Even though I could log-in as artist, and the site showed this, I had to sign-up again as an artist, before seeing option to upload.

Onwards and upwards...once I have mixed a few tunes to their required format.

Thanks all for your posts.

i usually just upload at 44khz wav 16bit... cd style, then the punters can download any quality downwards from there..
    any road glad yr in there... btw, uploading ( with the free account ) is pretty damn slow.. one track at a time , maybe 3 or 4 mins per.. which is why its actually good to have yr pc doing this in the background and yr ipad is free for the wild style.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Zen210507 said:

i usually just upload at 44khz wav 16bit... cd style, then the punters can download any quality downwards from there..
    any road glad yr in there... btw, uploading ( with the free account ) is pretty damn slow.. one track at a time , maybe 3 or 4 mins per.. which is why its actually good to have yr pc doing this in the background and yr ipad is free for the wild style.

>

Thanks for the advice, Rocky. Am currently uploading from Auria Pro to Dropbox, and will eventually send from there to BandCamp via PC.

• just to cap this thread, uploading wavs to bandcamp via ios Safari and audioshare doc picker works aok these days so my info to @Zen210507 is officially out of date..
    tanks to @j_liljedahl for getting us up to speed on this ... and of course for all the other good stuff he has sent our way over these last years..

• @RockySmalls said:
    just to cap this thread, uploading wavs to bandcamp via ios Safari and audioshare doc picker works aok these days so my info to @Zen210507 is officially out of date..
    tanks to @j_liljedahl for getting us up to speed on this ... and of course for all the other good stuff he has sent our way over these last years..

Whoa, thats great info! Bandcamp uploads are one of the only reasons i keep buying shitty little laptops to have around the house.

• With an account, you can easily upload your audio tracks or album to Bandcamp: https://www.backstage.com/advice-for-actors/tech/how-self-release-music-bandcamp/
    And remember that Bandcamp requires lossless (.aiff, .wav or .flac) files -- no .mp3’s.