Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bs-16i update with AUv3!

13»

Comments

• @DCJ said:

@Reuben said:

@cian said:
    When would I need 128 note polyphony...

Definitely getting the HQ addition though, if only to support the AU change.

Just tried the 128 Polyphony and it makes a huge difference to the 15-velocity layer piano that you can download free from my site here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
    As with many soundfonts every note takes up 4 (2 x stereo and 2 x resonances) so doing a run of say 20 notes with the pedal down uses 80 so under the old limitation I used to get note dropouts. I like the new reverb options as well.
    Great update.

How did you load this soundfont? Once it’s in bs-16 i get an error every time i try to load it.

same here, just getting an error, I'm going to just delete it, its wasting too much space not to work

• @rrc2soft said:
    I have the "distorted sound" problem with my app, sequencism :( . BS-16i doesn't load its view, and distorts the sound.

There was an update this morning seems better in your app now

• Also, remember some soundfonts are louder than others and you'd benefit from turning down volume in app. I haven't stresstested this version of BS-16i but I know there used to be a problem with memory allocation if you tried to load the largest soundfonts (100's or 1000's of mb). This is more due to limitations of the platform than the app I think.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Audio Evolution have a nice looking bunch of sf2 available as iaps has anyone tried them and how simple would it then be to extract them for use in Bismarck?

And to answer my own question, it’s very simple, AE downloads them to a folder called soundfonts available from iTunes

• edited November 2017

Noticed a minor update but still getting error messages when loading large soundfonts (like the Nice-Keys-Ultimate) from my site https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
    A work around for me on my Air 2 or 6s (both have 2gb ram) is to load the soundfont, close down the bs-16i app and then re-open it and from then on it works fine.
    Hoping for a fix for this.

• @Reuben said:
    Noticed a minor update but still getting error messages when loading large soundfonts (like the Nice-Keys-Ultimate) from my site https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
    A work around for me on my Air 2 or 6s (both have 2gb ram) is to load the soundfont, close down the bs-16i app and then re-open it and from then on it works fine.
    Hoping for a fix for this.

I had a problem loading your detailed upright after the update. Worked fine before. Curious. Hoping for a fix as well.

• @Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Is anyone of you able to access the Drum Kits when using BS-16i as an AUv3??
    (DrumKits are by design only available for 'Part #10'(ie. Midi Channel #10) in the BS-16i app).

The 'included' SoundFont includes the drum-kits for 'all parts' but in some other SoundFont files drums can only be accessed by Part #10.

I remember when the Roland MT-32 and ROLAND D-20 came, in the 80s, that they all had drums on channel 10.
    I still have the D-20 :smile:
    A quick deduction would be that drums on channel 10 comes from the first period of multi-timbral synths...
    Or I might be wrong lol

• @Kühl said:

@Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

(DrumKits are by design only available for 'Part #10'(ie. Midi Channel #10) in the BS-16i app).

The 'included' SoundFont includes the drum-kits for 'all parts' but in some other SoundFont files drums can only be accessed by Part #10.

I remember when the Roland MT-32 and ROLAND D-20 came, in the 80s, that they all had drums on channel 10.
    A quick deduction would be that drums on channel 10 comes from the first period of multi-timbral synths...
    Or I might be wrong lol

It's the GM/GS standard that uses drums on channel #10, Yamaha XG addition allowed drums on Midi #10 & 11.

If an SF2 files specifies that drums are only available on #10 they can not be used when BS-16i is used as an AUV3.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Audio Evolution have a nice looking bunch of sf2 available as iaps has anyone tried them and how simple would it then be to extract them for use in Bismarck?

And to answer my own question, it’s very simple, AE downloads them to a folder called soundfonts available from iTunes

This is also true for Rotor, if you have that one, it includes a large library of fun sounds to pull for bs-16.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@BiancaNeve said:

This is also true for Rotor, if you have that one, it includes a large library of fun sounds to pull for bs-16.

Thanks for the tip - I will have to have a look.

• @Samu said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Or I might be wrong lol

It's the GM/GS standard that uses drums on channel #10, Yamaha XG addition allowed drums on Midi #10 & 11.

If an SF2 files specifies that drums are only available on #10 they can not be used when BS-16i is used as an AUV3.

Of course.
    I had a midi XG plug-on Card for the ISA soundblaster card of the late 90s... sounded incredible on the PC.
    XG is also on my Tyros 4. Plus all the other standards...
    But can you tell me why Midi channel 16 also is used for drums? Are there different standards?

• @Kühl said:

@Samu said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Or I might be wrong lol

Of course.
    I had a midi XG plug-on Card for the ISA soundblaster card of the late 90s... sounded incredible on the PC.
    But can you tell me why Midi channel 16 also is used for drums? Are there different standards?

I have never seen a standard where the drums are on CH16. If the drums are on CH16 it's proprietary for that device, and not a standard :)

• My SY85’s sequencer defaults drums to #9 (the drum pattern sequencer) and only one of the drumkits is mapped to GM.

• @brambos said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:

@Kühl said:

@Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Or I might be wrong lol

Of course.

I have never seen a standard where the drums are on CH16. If the drums are on CH16 it's proprietary for that device, and not a standard :)

Okey. I can’t rememb which synth I had that used ch 16, but I think it was Yamaha.
    But thanx Bram.

• edited November 2018

Hi All. Any tips (links) for a decent electronic drum box sf2s?

• @Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Has anybody figured out how?
    Or is it just not possible?

• @jolico said:

@Samu said:
    Just out of curiosity...

Has anybody figured out how?
    Or is it just not possible?

I think it depends on the bank-file in use!?
    The drums from most banks(but not all) can be loaded on any channel.

Too bad the part selection seems to be missing in the AUv3 making it not so fun to use drums from banks that require channel 10 to be used since they can not be selected from the UI but can be selected using program change...

To me this is now days just a minor annoyance not a showstopper.