Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: 3D modeling

Looking for software to create 3D modes that I can export and import into art rage. People for sure, but more would be better. I'm not looking for precise models, but basics that I can manipulate to get the pose I want, then import and use as a guideline in art rage.

Comments

• I think you're on the wrong forum

• @Panthemusicalgoat And award for the most helpful forum member goes to....

(Although, this is proof that we need an off-topic section here.)

@rickwaugh Look up Pose Tool 3D. Even has different body types for both male and female. See if that works for you mate.

• edited November 2017

Just use ClipStudio on the iPad. It has 3D characters B)

• edited November 2017

Putty 3D is a fun app, but I don’t believe it’ll get you anywhere in the “human pose” ballpark. Unless the shape of that human is horrifying. For traditional humans, MagicPoser and /or ArtPoseFE have proven effective for me.

• edited November 2017

Can someone please 3D print me a working iPad Pro? Thanks

• As mentioned, Clip Studio Paint has 3D dolls that can be posed. There are, however, other options as well. Magic Poser is probably my favourite for this. ArtPose is also good

For more traditional 3D modelling, you have Shapr3D, uMake and Autodesk Formit (Basically Autodesk's version of Sketchup). It's also free on desktop and there is a browser version as well

• just try uMake,forger,shapr3D,artpose.
    uMake is fun and support AR.
    forger more like simple ZBrush.
    shapr3D more like sketchup.
    artpose is the poser tool .
    enjoy :)

• 123D Sculpt+ ,Finger3 HD

• Tx folks. Yes, maybe an off topic category would be good.

• My bad. I absolutely thought it seemed out of left field. Wasn't trying to be a dick

• edited November 2017

I take it he's talking about modelling on iPad here?

Im quite into 3d modelling myself.
    Well, trying to be anyway.

If you're just after something fairly easy to get into, I can recommend SketchUp. I use it on PC . Here's something I made (and took an unhealthy amount of time on):

sketchfab.com/skillipEvolver

• Magicposer is pretty good, and free to try. So many variables with this to look at. Make a Pose is not bad as well, through more basic. Putty 3D would do for more abstract stuff, creatures etc., I might pick it up as well.

Thanks, everyone. I’m stunned once again by what is available on the iPad.

FYI, I’m retiring. Looking to bring all my creative bits and pieces together. I have a bunch of fiction I have written over the years, about 30 short stories. Going to pick a story, do an illustration, and write a piece of music inspired by the story/image. Something I have been thinking about doing for a long time, and I seem to have a platform that will allow me to do it now. Not to mention the time. :)

• Godspeed with that @rickwaugh, wearing many hats in pursuit of crafting a story is daunting in of itself. Glad you have the time to devote yourself to making it so. Hopefully the process will be rewarding to you and a bonus if at the end of it, a well told story is the result.
    PS. Thanks for useful suggestions in previous posts that turned out to be helpful.

• Are there any iPad apps which allow for animation of these 3D models as opposed to just flat 2d animation apps?

• edited November 2017

Bit late and not ios11 friendly but

Moviestorm: Get Animated In 3d by Moviestorm

Oooops forget it not even in the store now I don’t t think

• @triton100 said:
    Are there any iPad apps which allow for animation of these 3D models as opposed to just flat 2d animation apps?

My daughter was just asking the same. I have too much trying to learn already. That’ll be next on the list. :D

• @Kandavu said:
    Godspeed with that @rickwaugh, wearing many hats in pursuit of crafting a story is daunting in of itself. Glad you have the time to devote yourself to making it so. Hopefully the process will be rewarding to you and a bonus if at the end of it, a well told story is the result.
    PS. Thanks for useful suggestions in previous posts that turned out to be helpful.

Tx, @Kandavu. Glad I was able to help, and thanks for the good wishes.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Bit late and not ios11 friendly but

Oooops forget it not even in the store now I don’t t think

It's still in the Canadian App Store and its been reduced to free. Thanks for mentioning it @BiancaNeve.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/moviestorm-get-animated-in-3d/id551336347?mt=8

• It's not there anymore, sadly. The initial search it shows up, but tap on it and it says not found.

• edited December 2021

@rickwaugh said:
    Looking for software to create 3D modes that I can export and import into art rage. People for sure, but more would be better. I'm not looking for precise models, but basics that I can manipulate to get the pose I want, then import and use as a guideline in art rage.

If you have access to a desktop or laptop computer there’s always Poser.

https://www.posersoftware.com/store

And for even more flexibility, there are the very powerful and free 3-D modeling and animation solutions from http://www.Blender.org and the top of the line MetaHuman Creator from Unreal Engine is also free to people learning and making small scale personal productions: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/metahuman-creator

• Nomad Sculpt - best 3d sculpting software on iOS. Forger is/was also great but Nomad is the way to go since Forger went into subscription territory plus Nomad has IMO a more user friendly interface.
    It's a 3d sculpting app (like a simplified version of ZBrush on the desktop or sculpting workspace of Blender) but you could do some figure posing there as well. Just grab an OBJ from TurboSquid or wherever, import it into Nomad, chop it up and pose to your liking. Then smooth out the chopped parts and pieces
    The aforementioned Clip Studio Paint in the EX version has some 3d models as well although it's subscription based (not sure whether it's 6 first months free as it used to be before)