Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Senode – Graphical Step Sequencer

edited November 2017 in General App Discussion

New midi sequencer for iPad

Senode – Graphical Step Sequencer
Available now for iPad.

https://senode.org

https://senode.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=da35f5863d49fda09384b211d&id=a4af4a7078&e=d87099b554

Comments

• Right up my thoroughfare for sequencing but not for 8 quid.

• this looks bloody amazing. i just wish it had some form of clock.

• @Jocphone said:
    Right up my thoroughfare for sequencing but not for 8 quid.

Could be well worth it, but of course I first want to see some demo video's en and read some comments of users

• @mannix said:

@Jocphone said:
    Right up my thoroughfare for sequencing but not for 8 quid.

Could be well worth it, but of course I first want to see some demo video's en and read some comments of users

I agree but have been let down by plenty of these things before and have grown weary of tools that turn out to be interesting toys for two minutes. Would love a cut down Numerology on iOS, maybe this is it?

• This kind of sequencer is now better suited to AU so hope that's on the agenda :)

• Safari does not like it :)

• wow. there's a video showing an earlier mac/pc build here:-

i genuinely hope there is a clock output atleast. anyone wanna risk it and try ?

• wow. this guy is pretty smart.
    i think i might just take the plunge myself.

• @yug said:
    Safari does not like it :)

I am getting that too.

• I like it, thx for headup @Kkani

• Hi there and thanks for Kkani to point me here! I'm the developer of Senode and I hope I can answer your questions here about version 1.0.0

• I fixed the SSL certificates for senode.org, let's wait for the hoster to update them.... :-)
    • Senode has an internal clock that syncs all graph sequencer operations
    • No syncing to other apps yet. On my top list of things to do is: AudioBus, Ableton Link, MIDI bindings
    • I am able to build Senode as Standalone or VST/AU as well. I was concentrating on iOS though, because most people asked for it and the device compability is easier to achieve. Ther won't be a public release for other platforms very soon, but I can do it with some months time. Please fill out the poll at https://senode.org/#Contact so I can decide what platform goes next :-)

I'll be at the Ableton Drummer meetup in Berlin tonight, so we can talk there as well: https://www.facebook.com/events/798904983622865/

Best,
    Sebastian

• @sebastianarnold Thanks for stopping by. Great job with this - looks very playable for a music sequencer kind of like a hybrid.

• Hi @sebastianarnold :)

Looks great, congrats on the release. Please consider making this an iOS AUv3 with midi out as then it would sync to hosts and can be saved in hosts like AUM for sequencing apps and external gear.

• edited November 2017

I'm 100% in!!

REALTIME CONTROL

Senode is made for live music performance. There are no default "beats" or "bars" and all actions are performed in real time. However, Tokens can be quantized to a master clock (16th resolution) and support catch-up, which means you can hit all functions like a drummer "on the spot" and stay in sync, even if you're too early or a little late. By the way, the really cool stuff will happen if you break free from 4/4 bar schemes, start your sequences on off-beat timings or create crazy polyrhythmic cycles...

• control other music apps or external gear via MIDI

:)

• @sebastianarnold query - can the graphical node interfaces each be sent to individual MIDI outs?

• Can send to 1 to 16

@Trueyorky said:
    @sebastianarnold query - can the graphical node interfaces each be sent to individual MIDI outs?

• Yes adding iOS AUv3 would shift a lot of units around here I reckon.

I may well take the plunge to help support development but it's going to need Audiobus and Link as a minimum for me these days. Too many toys bought that remain just that.

I like the concept though.

• @Kkani said:

Can send to 1 to 16

@Trueyorky said:
    @sebastianarnold query - can the graphical node interfaces each be sent to individual MIDI outs?

Great thanks

• @sebastianarnold said:

• I fixed the SSL certificates for senode.org, let's wait for the hoster to update them.... :-)

Yep, all good now

• @Carnbot said:
    Hi @sebastianarnold :)

Looks great, congrats on the release. Please consider making this an iOS AUv3 with midi out as then it would sync to hosts and can be saved in hosts like AUM for sequencing apps and external gear.

I 2nd this. If it’s not an AUx on iOS, it’s hard to fit it in my workflow :)

• This looks really interesting.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Hi @sebastianarnold :)

I 2nd this. If it’s not an AUx on iOS, it’s hard to fit it in my workflow :)

That sounds pretty reasonable. I'll see what I can do, keep up the good feedback!

Sebastian

• Bought, but now I have to go to work so will have to wait to play! Can't wait to hook it up to the modular.

• I dont think there are any AU sequencers just yet but it would be good to see it happen. AB3 midi would make the app state saveable which would be neat. I love sequencers, always good to see another esp. with a new take. This one looks (user interfave) very zmorsy (which I like).

• would love more info on the real-time control

• @Richtowns said:
    I dont think there are any AU sequencers just yet but it would be good to see it happen. AB3 midi would make the app state saveable which would be neat. I love sequencers, always good to see another esp. with a new take. This one looks (user interfave) very zmorsy (which I like).

First one is very close ;)

• @Richtowns said:
    I dont think there are any AU sequencers just yet but it would be good to see it happen. AB3 midi would make the app state saveable which would be neat. I love sequencers, always good to see another esp. with a new take. This one looks (user interfave) very zmorsy (which I like).

There's a ton coming up from @brambos in his Odessa sequencer pack. I'm already testing them out.

• @sebastianarnold said:
    Hi there and thanks for Kkani to point me here! I'm the developer of Senode and I hope I can answer your questions here about version 1.0.0

• Senode has an internal clock that syncs all graph sequencer operations
    • No syncing to other apps yet. On my top list of things to do is: AudioBus, Ableton Link, MIDI bindings
    • I am able to build Senode as Standalone or VST/AU as well. I was concentrating on iOS though, because most people asked for it and the device compability is easier to achieve. Ther won't be a public release for other platforms very soon, but I can do it with some months time. Please fill out the poll at https://senode.org/#Contact so I can decide what platform goes next :-)

I'll be at the Ableton Drummer meetup in Berlin tonight, so we can talk there as well: https://www.facebook.com/events/798904983622865/

Best,
    Sebastian

i love that you have link on your todo list. but for now can it at-least send out clock ? I Just need some way to sync at all to be honest.

• Looks great! Purchased in the hope that this will be developed further. Ableton Link and AUv3 would be top of my list too.

You'll be hard pressed to get me to buy a new synth right now but sequencers and effects... oh yes.

Good luck with it @sebastianarnold !!