Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Cool interview with Hans Zimmer and Radiohead

The beauty of randomness and generative goodness

Comments

• Cool, I love Radiohead. I was slightly distracted by Thom’s trousers though.

• I love Hans.

So deep in his internal sound and perception.

I would love to have an hour to speak with him.

• @echoopera Thank you. Off to roll some dice....

• Unpopular opinion, but this piece is much less than the sum of its parts. (It's also one of the most unprepossessing Radiohead tracks.) And Vox is kind of grating on my nerves with its series of music wonkery, as well done as they are. But I guess with the death of record stores, the cleverer-than-thou postcollegiate music snob — come on, aleatoric music? Conway's game of life? — has to emerge somewhere.

Wow, wrong side of the bed today!

• I’m happy to see them experimenting when it’s all so high profile. Thanks for the link.

• Great vid.
    Refreshing approach to composition after all of the relentless 4/4 grid based stuff made by the collective electrosheep >:) .
    Nice to hear great artists making music.

• @echoopera said:
    @ExAsperis99 hrmmm sounds familiar

Hahaha. Guilty.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Unpopular opinion, but this piece is much less than the sum of its parts. (It's also one of the most unprepossessing Radiohead tracks.) And Vox is kind of grating on my nerves with its series of music wonkery, as well done as they are. But I guess with the death of record stores, the cleverer-than-thou postcollegiate music snob — come on, aleatoric music? Conway's game of life? — has to emerge somewhere.

Looks like Thom agrees with you at about 2:15. :)

Love this stuff and to echo what others have said, love that some of it is going to be exposed to a whole lot of new-comers via this video.

• @syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Unpopular opinion, but this piece is much less than the sum of its parts. (It's also one of the most unprepossessing Radiohead tracks.) And Vox is kind of grating on my nerves with its series of music wonkery, as well done as they are. But I guess with the death of record stores, the cleverer-than-thou postcollegiate music snob — come on, aleatoric music? Conway's game of life? — has to emerge somewhere.

Love this stuff and to echo what others have said, love that some of it is going to be exposed to a whole lot of new-comers via this video.

My inner curmudgeon. God, I love Radiohead, but have you ever seen the absolutely miserable documentary "Meeting People Is Easy"? FUN. And same with this live set of "Kid A." Seriously, how on earth does this band play festivals with such gloriously weird songs?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

My inner curmudgeon. God, I love Radiohead, but have you ever seen the absolutely miserable documentary "Meeting People Is Easy"? FUN. And same with this live set of "Kid A." Seriously, how on earth does this band play festivals with such gloriously weird songs?

Because gloriously weird people spend their money and go because they are a great band and sometimes it's not the best, but when it is it is.

• edited November 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Meeting People Is Easy is the sort of Camus novel of Rock documentaries. Unending misery. Ol' Thom's come a long way from drowning in an astronaut helmet to this though:

• edited November 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Because gloriously weird people spend their money and go because they are a great band and sometimes it's not the best, but when it is it is.

I just meant to say that they're somewhat dour. It's usually pretty great.
    Just to watch a sea of people clapping along to "Everything in Its Right Place" — a song in 10/4! I feel like we, the gloriously weird, got one in under the radar, and that will never happen again. Maybe Kendrick Lamar. Maybe.

• Pretty credible cover of "EIIRP" featuring DJ Spooky. Bonus points: What's the app he's using?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I just meant to say that they're somewhat dour. It's usually pretty great.
    Just to watch a sea of people clapping along to "Everything in Its Right Place" — a song in 10/4! I feel like we, the gloriously weird, got one in under the radar, and that will never happen again. Maybe Kendrick Lamar. Maybe.

You are not to blame for
    Bittersweet distractors...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:
    @ExAsperis99 hrmmm sounds familiar

Hahaha. Guilty.

Hahaha! I was hoping you'd catch the reference!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I kind of agree with you - I love all the experimentation and resulting music, but I find the dissection and lectures a bit well....boring. A bit like discussions on modern art. Just do it, and let the work speak for itself.

I love the 'meeting people' doc, and the weirder Radiohead are the better for me. All part of the glorious soup.

• Thom, in funny pants: "if you think about it, everything is really just like triangles in the ocean. Whyyyy? ewwww ohhhhh"

Jonny: "Yeah, I can play that."

Phil, Ed, Colin: "Yeah, we can hold that shit down."

Radiohead is often about Thom and Jonny (for good reason) but I think a critical reason why they not lost in the stupid is Phil, Colin and Ed. They, almost literally, 'hold it down'.

I just listened to "There There" three times in a row, like a teenager. Still amazing. Amazing I tell you! T and J bring the magic, for sure, but P, E and C make it listenable on repeat.

I mean, in other words (I love Radiohead and I don't mean this as a diss on T or J), imagine you could just let your wildest crazy music making fantasy go indulgently wild knowing you had Phil, Colin and Ed to ground it (amazingly) in reality.

• edited November 2017

@syrupcore said:
    Thom, in funny pants: "if you think about it, everything is really just like triangles in the ocean. Whyyyy? ewwww ohhhhh"

Radiohead is often about Thom and Jonny (for good reason) but I think a critical reason why they not lost in the stupid is Phil, Colin and Ed. They, almost literally, 'hold it down'.

I just listened to "There There" three times in a row, like a teenager. Still amazing. Amazing I tell you! T and J bring the magic, for sure, but P, E and C make it listenable on repeat.

I mean, in other words (I love Radiohead and I don't mean this as a diss on T or J), imagine you could just let your wildest crazy music making fantasy go indulgently wild knowing you had Phil, Colin and Ed to ground it (amazingly) in reality.

+1 All 'proper' bands need a solid rhythm section, otherwise it's all mush at gig time. As a bass player, I was overjoyed to have a drummer I completely synced with in my last band. A lot of spacey jamming was held together as we had an almost psychic link of where we were going next. That rock solid base allows the rest to wig-out and do their psychedelic thang.

• @MonzoPro said:

(...), but I find the dissection and lectures a bit well....boring. A bit like discussions on modern art.

This.

Where the discussions about it (and the upper class habitus in doing it) seem to be much more important than the music they have produced. Hans Zimmer seem to be quite normal and nice, but these Radiohead people... - okay, maybe they just had a bad day.

I got a strong feeling to add a loud 4-on-the-flour-beat to these music and some strange noises, and maybe a typical disco bass. This would be my part in the aleatoric composition...

• edited November 2017

@syrupcore said:
    Thom, in funny pants: "if you think about it, everything is really just like triangles in the ocean. Whyyyy? ewwww ohhhhh"

Nice. It's exactly this that lets me know that all the lonesome noodling in the world (and there are many benefits) also misses the one-and-one-makes-three aspects of the collective. As for the interview, more than obvious it was a requirement (probably for the benefit of the Beeb). Certainly not to be dissected for any PhDs.....(although it will be...)