Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SYNTHRONiK: Fan Boy Thread

I don't care what a corporate whore I look like.

But IK has finally done it just right!

Synthronik is the best $40 I spend on iOS to date. Fact is, I love doing preset design for apps. But, for some production and songwriting, I just need reliable sounds that I can turn to and know the sound quality is there. I also know that I had zero crashes and zero crackles with it.

This app is really a winner for me.

I think that this "vintage" label that this app is getting pegged with it is a bit misleading. Most analog synth apps are technically vintage for the sounds they are creating. Very few are "Modern" tech innovations and programming. This app is well suited for any type of music.

Being that S Tank was MASSIVE, this S TRONIK is big, but not unacceptable. It is like 4.7 all in.

Since Synthmaster seems temporarily neglected and not consistent, this app is coming in at just the right time.

I got it last night and can't remember a synth exciting me like this in a long time.

If you want to program and twiddle knobs, not for you.

If you want the best of the best sounds of any synth you may possible want at your finger tips..........dis be dah app.

Plus I here AU is in the works so might as well buy now.

Hope that helps if you were wondering.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH IK IN ANY WAY.

But I will take any free gear they want to give me.... ;)

Comments

• edited November 2017

I downloaded the free version to test and definitely liked what I heard... going for it when it hits AU...

.I had bought Synthmaster Player on the promise of AU and it never materialized...so I have trust issues now

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Synthronik is the best $40 I spend on iOS to date.

I'm definitely buying it, but I'm waiting for Black Friday.

• edited November 2017

Another fanboy here. Love this beast. Massive sound palette, and actually a lot of tweaking possibilities - even without the huge effects section. I could go on and on ...
    And I probably will, all in good time.
    But as a true fanboy you really ought to learn to spell the name correcly, @RUST( i )K :D

• edited November 2017

It sounds very good to my ears, and I'll admit I wanted to hate it. It didn't take me long to go alll in with the IAP

• I wholeheartedly agree. Its easily one of the best values, bang for the buck-wise, you can find on iOS. The polyphonic patches on it sound incredible when controlled with Soundprism Pro btw; been playing it all morning.

• The individual sounds are terrific, with actually quite a lot of tweakability. Start layering them and it can sound absolutely incredible.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Synthronik is the best $40 I spend on iOS to date. Fact is, I love doing preset design for apps. But, for some production and songwriting, I just need reliable sounds that I can turn to and know the sound quality is there. I also know that I had zero crashes and zero crackles with it.

I think that this "vintage" label that this app is getting pegged with it is a bit misleading. Most analog synth apps are technically vintage for the sounds they are creating. Very few are "Modern" tech innovations and programming. This app is well suited for any type of music.

Being that S Tank was MASSIVE, this S TRONIK is big, but not unacceptable. It is like 4.7 all in.

Since Synthmaster seems temporarily neglected and not consistent, this app is coming in at just the right time.

I got it last night and can't remember a synth exciting me like this in a long time.

If you want the best of the best sounds of any synth you may possible want at your finger tips..........dis be dah app.

I bought the whole shebang the day it was released. It’s cheaper to buy the complete app (I think)
    The sounds are incredibly good. A bit lag, when you load a new sample, but this app is worth every penny you have.

• I must join the group of people that love Syntronik!
    As everybody says, It’s probably not for the biggest synth purist, but, for many many of us Syntronik deliver such a amount of nice heavy sounds and enough sonic possibilities...

Love love love to IK Multimedia!

• @PhilW said:
    The individual sounds are terrific, with actually quite a lot of tweakability. Start layering them and it can sound absolutely incredible.

As PhilW said.

Shame no AU as yet. Anything that never gets AU will quickly fall out of my favour as I hate IAA only apps. AU is without doubt the future and stand alone apps will disappear in time IMO.

• Here is another fan!

• Hi hord of fans... can you please post here some of your compositions using synthronik ? I would like to understand why so much love?

• I'd have been all over this at one time but £40 .. :* maybe.. if it ever goes universal. .

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Another fanboy here. Love this beast. Massive sound palette, and actually a lot of tweaking possibilities - even without the huge effects section. I could go on and on ...
    And I probably will, all in good time.
    But as a true fanboy you really ought to learn to spell the name correcly, @RUST( i )K :D

Damn you spellcheck...... ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@PhilW said:
    The individual sounds are terrific, with actually quite a lot of tweakability. Start layering them and it can sound absolutely incredible.

As PhilW said.

Shame no AU as yet. Anything that never gets AU will quickly fall out of my favour as I hate IAA only apps. AU is without doubt the future and stand alone apps will disappear in time IMO.

Why do you think AU are so special?

I personally don't need multiple instances of any apps really.

I also like to use the full versions of the Brambos apps for the sequencer and such.

I actually don't think I use any AU instruments only Fx at this point.

Do you see a huge cpu difference with the AU?

• @cuscolima said:
    Hi hord of fans... can you please post here some of your compositions using synthronik ? I would like to understand why so much love?

Will do this weekend.

I can say I am doing some old NYC underground vocal house, actually using some Robbie Tronco vocal samples with some Patterning beats or Beat Hawk drums and a variety of the synth/bass/pad sounds from S Tronik

After a couple days I STILL HAVE NOT MADE IT THROUGH THE ENTIRE PRESET LIST!

• @Littlewoodg said:
    It sounds very good to my ears, and I'll admit I wanted to hate it. It didn't take me long to go alll in with the IAP

Same.
    I had a love hate thing with Sampletank at times.

I needed to get over myself and admit defeat...LOL

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I wholeheartedly agree. Its easily one of the best values, bang for the buck-wise, you can find on iOS. The polyphonic patches on it sound incredible when controlled with Soundprism Pro btw; been playing it all morning.

I can't recall a synth app where I just sit there playing scales and chord progressions jamming out because the sound is so good.

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    I must join the group of people that love Syntronik!
    As everybody says, It’s probably not for the biggest synth purist, but, for many many of us Syntronik deliver such a amount of nice heavy sounds and enough sonic possibilities...

Love love love to IK Multimedia!

x2

• @PhilW said:

There is much more tweaking then I imagined.

And the Fx are really quality and fun.

The slicer frequency fx is very unique.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@cuscolima said:
    Hi hord of fans... can you please post here some of your compositions using synthronik ? I would like to understand why so much love?

Will do this weekend.

I can say I am doing some old NYC underground vocal house, actually using some Robbie Tronco vocal samples with some Patterning beats or Beat Hawk drums and a variety of the synth/bass/pad sounds from S Tronik

Wouldn't mind s listen :)

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2017

@RUST( i )K said:

I prefer AU even for instruments because you get:

• ‚Total Recall‘ of all AU parameters in lots of apps (Cubasis, Auria, AUM, Garageband ... )
      Otherwise you need to save a preset in each IAA or the app has to support Audiobus state saving and you always use audiobus to connect the apps (so no direct IAA loading but using an AB input)

• A standardized way for parameter automation.
      Otherwise you have to use midi CCs in conjunction with midi learn support in the IAA (and saving of this in a preset).
      This is not only usefull for DAWs - also for live setups: In AUM for instance, you can route the modwheel or any knob of a physical controller to any AU parameter. And this setup and all changes to the current preset are automatically saved in the AUM preset.

If reload a project using only AUs (and no IAAs) and buildin stuff everything is set up as i have saved. I never have to open the instruments and effects and load the setting that belong to the song or remember saving a preset (in the instrument or effect) if i changed some knobs during my session.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@PhilW said:

As PhilW said.

I also like to use the full versions of the Brambos apps for the sequencer and such.

Do you see a huge cpu difference with the AU?

AU instances are (in my findings) so much more reliable than IAA. Split screen has not really taken off and is pretty badly designed for the use scenarios of music apps. AU has far better design so far towards music use onscreen. I see many aspects of AU are being expanded and improved, where as IAA seems quagmired in the iOS music making past.

So, even with single use of AU apps, IAA just can’t compete for the most part. As many more AU are getting full screen use as well, I can’t really see any major advantages of having stand alone apps. Yes, admittedly some apps will need stand alone for the time being due to design, but to myself, it seems advantageous for iOS devs to go AU in the future.

As for @brambos apps, I indeed love them, but IMO even the future of sequencers such as his is AU and usable by all synths.

• @_ki said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I prefer AU even for instruments because you get:

• ‚Total Recall‘ of all AU parameters in lots of apps (Cubasis, Auria, AUM, Garageband ... )
      Otherwise you need to save a preset in each IAA or the app has to support Audiobus state saving and you always use audiobus to connect the apps (so no direct IAA loading but using an AB input)

• A standardized way for parameter automation.
      Otherwise you have to use midi CCs in conjunction with midi learn support in the IAA (and saving of this in a preset).
      This is not only usefull for DAWs - also for live setups: In AUM for instance, you can route the modwheel or any knob of a physical controller to any AU parameter. And this setup and all changes to the current preset are automatically saved in the AUM preset.

If reload a project using only AUs (and no IAAs) and buildin stuff everything is set up as i have saved. I never have to open the instruments and effects and load the setting that belong to the song or remember saving a preset (in the instrument or effect) if i changed some knobs during my session.

I didn't really think about that or use them in that way.

So, I learned something

• Ageed its awsome, especially efx section!
    However it could really use a simple sequencer.

• @breilly said:
    Ageed its awsome, especially efx section!

Oh yeah, loving the effects section. There's a lot to play with there.

• @breilly said:

The some like the "modulation" mode of iSpark which I find cumbersome.

I would love a straight punch piano roll or Magellan / key step style play back sequencer.

I also would like individual channel assignment.

• @Martygras said:

@breilly said:

AM and FM are killer 4 sho

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Martygras said:

@breilly said:

AM and FM are killer 4 sho

Love amplitude modulation and some overdrive for those cockpit radio noises.

• Hello everyone. AudioBus is great so far and Syntronik is excellent. However, its unfortunate that Syntronik doesn't support State Saving.
    Does anyone have any tricks on calling up patches in Syntronik once loaded into AudioBus as a preset using midi program changes?

I want to use this with my band and I was hoping to use Syntronik and SampleTank. I have patches saved in both. Of course i could tap on the ipad screen but in a live situation using an external midi controller would be ideal for me.

I’m new to AudioBus so any pros out there I could use your advice. It seems like MidiFlow will be in my future as well.

Thank you in advance
    Patrick

• @RUST( i )K said:

damn that shit is 80 now