Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Lisbon Gadget???

ummm ... somebody just posted (9 mins ago) a screen shot of Gadget on macbook pro with a gadget called Lisbon... ????? wtf?
anyone?

Comments

• in this pic it says "Polyphonic sci-fi synth" ... and ALSO a new Gadget called "Vancouver" - String Melody Sampler.

• M3 We have produced the "Lisbon" CG · UI which is the HMD innovative Gadget of Gadget of KORG's previous exhibition! It is amazing! It's moving! Cool ! You can see it at the 1st exhibition hall company booth -! Humbly! !

• I’m far more interested in Vancouver, ESPECIALLY if it allows custom samples (aka is a proper sampler). However, since I’m a hardcore completionist, I’ll be splurging for both. Hopefully Korg releases this new stuff soon AND allows custom track (re)naming.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I’m far more interested in Vancouver, ESPECIALLY if it allows custom samples (aka is a proper sampler). However, since I’m a hardcore completionist, I’ll be splurging for both. Hopefully Korg releases this new stuff soon AND allows custom track (re)naming.

I'd pleasantly be surprised if we'll be able to use any 'Gadget Track' as a source for the sampler for re-sampling.(Ie. arm Vancouver for sampling and switch to the source gadget and play away).

Also If the samples are shared between all audio-gadgets it would mean we can sample in Vancouver and map the samples to pads in Bilbao if needed (naturally without the 'Vancouver Tweaks').

Volca Sample style realtime tweaking of loop start&length would be a nice bonus :)
    I'm a 'Gadget Completionist' as well so I will get these when the update drops...

• Drop these Gadgets now!

• oh heres goes more money....make it rain...show me the goods

• String melody sampler sounds like mellotron.

• We've already got Mellotron from a Module free IAP in Glasgow. This better not be strings :s

• I'd much rather have strings than a "Polyphonic sci fi synth" which sounds terrible

• I do wonder why they chose Vancouver as the name for the sampler Gadget?
    Maybe there are some 'big' artists there whom I have no clue about.

And maybe the 'Sci-Fi' Gadget with will bring us the remaining 'synth waves' from the Electribe?
    The 'folder/warped' waveforms are not yet present in any Gadget...

• @supadom said:
    String melody sampler sounds like mellotron.

Aren't you guys following every single shred of rumor on all Gadget threads?
    This is a "Layering Melody Sampler."
    If that helps at all.

• @Samu said:
    I do wonder why they chose Vancouver as the name for the sampler Gadget?

And maybe the 'Sci-Fi' Gadget with will bring us the remaining 'synth waves' from the Electribe?
    The 'folder/warped' waveforms are not yet present in any Gadget...

Short answer, they are just crazy and grabbing names at random I think.

• I’ve resisted quite a few recent Gadgets recently: Milpitas, Montpellier, Kamata, Module...be interesting to see what these offer and if they tempt me back...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:

If that helps at all.

I don't give a monkey about the new gadgets. I've done loads with v1 and haven't touched it in months.

I just enjoy taking part in the communal sense of euphoria.

• edited October 2017

@Samu said:
    I do wonder why they chose Vancouver as the name for the sampler Gadget?

Hmmm, Front Line Assembly's 'Tactical Neural Implant' and Skinny Puppy / cEvin Key, who did a lot of sampling here before i moved into town, is what really got me into sampling so it makes perfect sense to me, but of course this is not the Truman Show and all about me. Not sure if that is enough to stake the sampler flag... could be the diverse multicultural hoohaw or just the glorious dart board / map effect.

• @supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:

If that helps at all.

I don't give a monkey about the new gadgets. I've done loads with v1 and haven't touched it in months.

I am so happy with BM3 but always open to sampler/fx of all creeds/stripes and the idea of a nice sounding, hopefully completely CPU chugging, automate-able scifi-y gimmick synth... even if I can just get some quick cool dubby whutevuz to drop into BM3 it could be worth it as a noise toy. Just glad that it is not yet another retro reissue nostalgia dive. The super compressor music destroyer can leave now though.

• @supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:

If that helps at all.

Me too. 50% of my enjoyment of a new app occurs before I buy it. So even if I don’t get it I’ll still have had a good time.

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:

If that helps at all.

Me too. 50% of my enjoyment of a new app occurs before I buy it. So even if I don’t get it I’ll still have had a good time.

I just need to hear 10 seconds of scifi synth and read 10 posts on Vancouver (sampler).

• With you. I actually think that part of my love for Gadget comes from the fact that it's like following a ball team or a band. I like the buildup. I feel oddly honored to be in the club. (If I don't think about it too hard.)

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@supadom said:

If that helps at all.

I just need to hear 10 seconds of scifi synth and read 10 posts on Vancouver (sampler).

If @JohnnyGoodyear buys it, which he undoubtedly will, I’ll manage another 10% of ownership enjoyment, vicariously.

• The screen grab above does say ‘string melody sampler’. Not ‘layering melody sampler’.

Neither descriptions make much sense to me.

I hope it’s not a mellotron Gadget with no ability to import samples. But I fear it might be.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    The screen grab above does say ‘string melody sampler’. Not ‘layering melody sampler’.

I hope it’s not a mellotron Gadget with no ability to import samples. But I fear it might be.

Actually forget that. I’m wrong. Maybe it is ‘Layering’.

• I'm not interested in new gadgets to be honest...all i want is Midi out to drive external hardware :wink:

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    The screen grab above does say ‘string melody sampler’. Not ‘layering melody sampler’.

Yes, Korg confirmed it is Layering Melody Sampler :)

• @Trueyorky said:

Yes, Korg confirmed it is Layering Melody Sampler :)

Yep, thanks. Just caught up with the other thread.

So looks like the ability to layer and mix two samples, pitched to the keys on the keyboard. Plus vibrato and some effects.

Could be worse :). Will be nice to sample some Animoog patches in.

• I'm interested in the sci-fi synth here. Sounds scaper like to me. We shall know soon enough . Usually the Gadget release follows the tease within a day or less it seems.

• edited October 2017

“layering melody sampler” sounds very promising.. multi layer/zone sampler, possible with other gadgets resampling, should be big deal...

• I wonder when the next sample-based drum machine gadget will be along? It’s been a short while since the last, and there’s only about a handful of them so far.