Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shimmer Shake Strike

I would love to see something similar to In Session Audio’s ‘Shimmer Shake Strike’ in an app or AU for iOS.

Please develop, someone... for me? ;)

Comments

• DrumJam?
    Not quite as highly detailed and "top-of-mix percussion"-specific as SSS, but there's lots of excellent options.

• DrumJam is a beautiful app and I appreciate the suggestion, but I was hoping for an AU that operated similar SSS. It’s the way it appears to function that would be perfectly suited to my own workflow. It’s all purely selfish on my part...

• Totally get it. But if you were looking for a quick bit of maracas...

• A crazy approach, but could Drum Perfect Pro work in basically the same way if you can find the samples to import?

• @Milestone_Music said:
    A crazy approach, but could Drum Perfect Pro work in basically the same way if you can find the samples to import?

Drum perfect pro and a few hrs of spare time to set it up perhaps.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Totally get it. But if you were looking for a quick bit of maracas...

Need to finish some music so that I can claim this entire quote as my next album title. Thanks for the inspiration.

• @syrupcore said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Totally get it. But if you were looking for a quick bit of maracas...

Need to finish some music so that I can claim this entire quote as my next album title. Thanks for the inspiration.

Too late, it’s taken. Just finished my final master. You snooze you lose!

• @ZenLizard said:
    DrumJam is a beautiful app and I appreciate the suggestion, but I was hoping for an AU that operated similar SSS. It’s the way it appears to function that would be perfectly suited to my own workflow. It’s all purely selfish on my part...

Please could you tell more specifically what functionality in SSS you think would be perfectly suited to your workflow? Graphics? Choice of neighbor samples depending on the accented ones? Independent tracks sequencer?
    And why AU, if you could have all instruments in one app? With a huge number of rhythmic presets.
    Would you use multiple instances of SSS, to produce a percussion track, if operating on Kontakt?

• @Gilbert said:

@ZenLizard said:
    DrumJam is a beautiful app and I appreciate the suggestion, but I was hoping for an AU that operated similar SSS. It’s the way it appears to function that would be perfectly suited to my own workflow. It’s all purely selfish on my part...

Please could you tell more specifically what functionality in SSS you think would be perfectly suited to your workflow? Graphics? Choice of neighbor samples depending on the accented ones? Independent tracks sequencer?
    And why AU, if you could have all instruments in one app? With a huge number of rhythmic presets.
    Would you use multiple instances of SSS, to produce a percussion track, if operating on Kontakt?

>

I’ve never used Kontact... but no, I would only need one instance in almost every case if this hypothetical AU exsisted. The reason I like AU is because I experience far too many creativity-killing issues unless AB3 and IAA connected apps are used sparingly. Everything from preset management to start/sync problems to my own user setup mistakes to glitches and crashes. multiple instances is the least important aspect of AU to me, personally, though it is nice when I want it.

The independant 4track sequencer I like because I find the sequencers and piano rolls in the iOS DAWs to be tedious at best.

I would like having the abilty to preview different versions of each instrument at any point, in context, and I would like being able to create rythyms from scratch instead of choosing between and chaining someone else’s performances.

The iOS DAWs (in my experience) don’t provide much in the way of these kinds of instruments for thier internal samplers, instead offering a bunch of loops, or a couple of extras in their standard drum kits. If BM3 had a big bank of shakers, tamburines, etc as one-shot instruments—not loops—in thier store I would buy that and be satisfied if the selection was good. I tried making my own in BM3 but... lets just say my results were less than perfect.

• @Tritonman said:

@Milestone_Music said:
    A crazy approach, but could Drum Perfect Pro work in basically the same way if you can find the samples to import?

Drum perfect pro and a few hrs of spare time to set it up perhaps.

Yes! That’s a big deal for me. I do not like to take all that time. That part is NO fun for me. I don’t want to have to do it if I don’t absolutely have to. I just want to play, compose, and record.

• @ZenLizard said:

@Gilbert said:

@ZenLizard said:

>

I’ve never used Kontact... but no, I would only need one instance in almost every case if this hypothetical AU exsisted. The reason I like AU is because I experience far too many creativity-killing issues unless AB3 and IAA connected apps are used sparingly. Everything from preset management to start/sync problems to my own user setup mistakes to glitches and crashes. multiple instances is the least important aspect of AU to me, personally, though it is nice when I want it.

I see. Indeed one of the appeal of AU format is its simplicity of use.

The independant 4track sequencer I like because I find the sequencers and piano rolls in the iOS DAWs to be tedious at best.

Looking at SSS sequencers, I reminded me a certain similarity with DPP pattern stroke panel.

I would like having the abilty to preview different versions of each instrument at any point, in context, and I would like being able to create rythyms from scratch instead of choosing between and chaining someone else’s performances.

The possibility to immediately listen to the groove you just made with different combinations of instruments as presets ( or kits ) make the experience surely more enjoyable and stimulate more creative experimentation, .

The iOS DAWs (in my experience) don’t provide much in the way of these kinds of instruments for thier internal samplers, instead offering a bunch of loops, or a couple of extras in their standard drum kits. If BM3 had a big bank of shakers, tamburines, etc as one-shot instruments—not loops—in thier store I would buy that and be satisfied if the selection was good. I tried making my own in BM3 but... lets just say my results were less than perfect.

Well, we could make a percussion pack for DPP, using its recent new features, which would be in the spirit of SSS, and other "smart" virtual instruments. ( In fact I had a project of that kind in mind since a while ).
    BM3 offer lots of possibilities but unfortunately, in this case, it doesn't have the multiple random, humanizing, subtle timing features that DPP has.
    So, thanks for your detailed reply; more precise is the interaction, better chances are for something new to manifest.

• @Gilbert more percussion in DPP sounds fantastic.

• @Gilbert said:
    Well, we could make a percussion pack for DPP, using its recent new features, which would be in the spirit of SSS, and other "smart" virtual instruments. ( In fact I had a project of that kind in mind since a while ).

That would be totally awesome.

• More sounds for DPP are a good thing.