Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ipad Latency Distortion Recap

Hi guys. I am going to buy an Ipad for music production using Audiobus and is confused by all the recent chatter about Ipad latency and distorted audio. Can someone smart give me a recap? What Ipad models and versions of IOS are affected? Did this fix the problem?: https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/09/ios-11-1-beta-2-2/

Comments

• as mentioned in your link this applies to the respective iPad Pro models only ;)

• edited October 2017

It's been resolved from what I understand. Most users are reporting problem free including the person who started this thread. You can read their comments or message them I suppose
    \/

See discussion
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/20114/new-ipad-pro-12-9-2017-problem-with-latency-and-digital-noise-seems-to-be-fixed-ios-11-1-b2/p24

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    It's been resolved from what I understand. Most users are reporting problem free including the person who started this thread. You can read their comments or message them I suppose
    \/

See discussion
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/20114/new-ipad-pro-12-9-2017-problem-with-latency-and-digital-noise-seems-to-be-fixed-ios-11-1-b2/p24

actually don't assume that so fast. apparently beta4 might have broken was was fixed in beta2 once again. there's already a video of the destortion in garageband. hopefully the final version of the update will be as good as beta2 was.

• So it seems the recap is that this was not a hardware issue but a software issue in one of the most recent IOS updates but that Apple has fixed it in their latest beta updates.

So to fix it all you have to do is to sign up for Apple's beta testing program in order to get the latest update I reckon.

• @jimble said:
    So it seems the recap is that this was not a hardware issue but a software issue in one of the most recent IOS updates but that Apple has fixed it in their latest beta updates.

So to fix it all you have to do is to sign up for Apple's beta testing program in order to get the latest update I reckon.

However... it scared me (and probably others) from updating the iPad.
    My 12,9 Pro 2015 Model will have to do, until the next iPad Pro. Money long gone now lol
    Apple should learn... but never do.

• Or just wait till next week when Apple officially releases iOS 11.1?

• edited October 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    \/

See discussion

actually don't assume that so fast. apparently beta4 might have broken was was fixed in beta2 once again. there's already a video of the destortion in garageband. hopefully the final version of the update will be as good as beta2 was.

I haven't had ANY problem since beta 2 of iOS 11.1 with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9"...

Made a couple of tests in Garageband also (although I never use it) for see if a could stress the app to make this digital noise that somebody posted a video about, but, not on my iPad Pro...
    It runs perfect and smooth in every app that I run...
    And, the biggest problem, the increasing latency thing, is definitely solved by now...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    \/

See discussion

I haven't had ANY problem since beta 2 of iOS 11.1 with my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9"...

Made a couple of tests in Garageband also (although I never use it) for see if a could stress the app to make this digital noise that somebody posted a video about, but, not on my iPad Pro...
    And, the biggest problem, the increasing latency thing, is definitely solved by now...

are you on beta 4 ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    \/

See discussion

are you on beta 4 ?

Yes...
    I always wait a couple of days before updating... It's beta 5 to test in a few days...