Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Directional EQ for IOS (AU)

Anybody take the plunge on this one yet? Thoughts?
DirectionalEQ by Christian Siedschlag
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directionaleq/id1301365260?mt=8

Comments

• I don't really understand it, but the dev seems to focus on pro-level au effects, so I would guess this thing sounds great. Just don't really understand the application since I've never thought I needed, say "more bass at 2 o'clock."

But c'mon, I know someone around here has this. Enlightenment, please.

• You can widen or narrow the stereo field or panning from the incoming signal, also adjusting the eq of five possible positions.

• edited October 2017

I'll have a demo for this very very soon, probably tomorrow, but it’s a very very clever and useful EQ, you can basically chose exactly where in the stereo field you want to focus your chosen frequency, say that you have applied some top end to a guitar but would like it to be slightly brighter to the left, then you can easily do that with this, but it’s so much more, you can make a mix sound very wide too

• @knewspeak said:
    You can widen or narrow the stereo field or panning from the incoming signal, also adjusting the eq of five possible positions.

Ah, that is making more sense now. Thank you.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I'll have a demo for this very very soon, probably tomorrow, but it’s a very very clever and useful EQ, you can basically chose exactly where in the stereo field you want to focus your chosen frequency, say that you have applied some top end to a guitar but would like it to be slightly brighter to the left, then you can easily do that with this, but it’s so much more, you can make a mix sound very wide too

Sounds interesting. As always, I look forward to your video, Doug.

• I assume this only works on stereo signals? Or can you create stereo imaging from mono files?

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Oh yeah! Can't wait! Actually your description of it makes a lot of sense too, now that I'm more awake and my brain is functioning.

• edited October 2017

@noisefan said:
    I assume this only works on stereo signals? Or can you create stereo imaging from mono files?

The desktop version can use mono signals, iOS I don't know.

• I’m on the look out for new FX tools and innovative sequencers these days over a new synth or sound source. This one seems to be a well established desktop effect so looking forward to trying it out.

• I assume the iOS version will be very similar to desktop version so that bodes well.

@thesoundtestroom it would AMAZING if you could compare this eq to something more traditional (6144 seems the obvious choice) with similar settings instead of just showing the features of Directional EQ alone.

• @noisefan said:
    I assume the iOS version will be very similar to desktop version so that bodes well.

@thesoundtestroom it would AMAZING if you could compare this eq to something more traditional (6144 seems the obvious choice) with similar settings instead of just showing the features of Directional EQ alone.

It’s the same as the desktop version, exactly the same, I may compare them but it’s not really the same thing as an normal EQ, I have found that it works best EQing separate instruments, whereas the 6144 can be awesome in a full mix as well, you'll know what I mean when you see the demo, I'm going to try and get it done sometime today but I got up late because we are binge watching Stranger Things

• Has anyone figured out what this does?

• Mute I think

• But it seems to allow the dry through