Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Reason 10 Announced. I hope they expand now on iOS.

Comments

• wished they improved their piano roll. don't really need more sounds now that they have allowed vsts...

• edited September 2017

The Europa and Grain look nice. Will beta test or trial to see if they make it worth the upgrade price...

• @RubenDari said:
    wished they improved their piano roll. don't really need more sounds now that they have allowed vsts...

Actually good unique synths could help distinguish Reason from other DAWs.

No 4K display support sucks though.

• A bit let down there's no live s session view type performance mode! Been waiting a long time for that. At least one of my wishes was granted (granular synth).

• The biggest news would be scalable graphics. Reason is quite funny to use, but the tiny graphics is more than annoying.

• I don't think they'll have retina graphics. Look closely at the video... Bummer.

• The graphics really let it down, most of the video shows scaled up footage of a pixelated gui, shame.

• As if the sound you can do with a program will be better if the graphics are a bit sharper :wink:

• @mireko_2 said:
    A bit let down there's no live s session view type performance mode! Been waiting a long time for that. At least one of my wishes was granted (granular synth).

Haven't they had a granular synth since version 2? I can't remember the name, it's been years since I used reason, but it was green. That's where I first heard of granular synthesis.

• @o_imseng said:
    As if the sound you can do with a program will be better if the graphics are a bit sharper :wink:

The gui is very important, it's all about user experience ;)

• schsch
    edited September 2017

I'm current right now and I think I'll pass on this update. I'd rather use iPad's incredible palette of great synths as external sound sources to bolster Reason rather than pay over $200 Cdn for this.

Most definitely looking forward to an iPad version of Reason though. B)

• @sch said:
    I'm current right now and I think I'll pass on this update. I'd rather use iPad's incredible palette of great synths as external sound sources to bolster Reason rather than pay over $200 Cdn for this.

Absolutely- any little crumbs of news would be nice to nibble on. I am so looking forward to it. My pie in the sky guess is that it will be about another year or so yet.

• I'm glad I didn't upgrade to 9.5 this summer. Otherwise, I would've had to pay again to upgrade to 10. I'm still on 7. So when I upgrade to 10, I'll definitely get more bang for the buck.

• @TheXOR said:
    The biggest news would be scalable graphics. Reason is quite funny to use, but the tiny graphics is more than annoying.

That's it right there, the rack has gotten tinier, as displays have gotten more resolution.

• edited September 2017

@robosardine said:

@sch said:

Absolutely- any little crumbs of news would be nice to nibble on. I am so looking forward to it. My pie in the sky guess is that it will be about another year or so yet.

I rememberl that they looked for iOS beta testers some time ago. was also discussed on this forum. So there's for certain something brewing! :)

• @o_imseng said:
    As if the sound you can do with a program will be better if the graphics are a bit sharper :wink:

Makes if it difficult to work with for extended periods if it's destroying your eye sight. Yeah, being able to see is kind of important.

• edited September 2017

To be honest I am disappointed with this video preview of Reason 10. I was hoping that Propellerheads would support multi touch on the Surface Pro with Reason 10. All this update seems to be is more sounds which isn’t needed since vst instruments are now supported. I don’t think I will bother purchasing the Reason 10 upgrade because I am happy with Reason 9.5. I will not be upgrading until multi touch of the Surface Pro is supported and there is AU plugin support on Mac.

• edited September 2017

@mrufino1 said:

@mireko_2 said:
    A bit let down there's no live s session view type performance mode! Been waiting a long time for that. At least one of my wishes was granted (granular synth).

Haven't they had a granular synth since version 2? I can't remember the name, it's been years since I used reason, but it was green. That's where I first heard of granular synthesis.

Malström?

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@mrufino1 said:

@mireko_2 said:

Malström?

Yes, thanks! It's been a while...

• edited October 2017

Reason 10 for PC/Mac has been released. Upgrade prices at the bottom of the page.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/reason-10

• Here's something for your ears done only with stock Reason 10 Sounds and instruments.

Have fun, Reason is a great program!

• Still no scaleable graphics. Cmon its 2017 not 1999...

• edited October 2017

Seems like bringing the 2 new synths europa and grain to iOS should be a no brainer for the props.
    Not sure if they'll ever port reason entirely, although I think it would be very cool.
    Meanwhile I'm still eagerly waiting for my box of reason 10 to be delivered.

• edited October 2017

There's no DAW/PLATFORM $$ to be made in IOS without the makret changing.

It seems to me, that propellerheads are distancing themselves from Ios...didnt they sell off Take and Figure to Allihoopa or something? I dont think Thor has had any recent updates in a bit. I really don't forsee Reason coming anytime soon to Ios platform...not enough money. Ios people bitch about $20 apps, I cant imagine a 399.99 app lmao...there will be riots etc.

Besides, we have Korg Gadget...which is a similar type thing ...a closed system... (without Virtual cabling) and a much poopier sequencer. (i joke i joke...i kid i kid)

• @MrSmileZ said:

It seems to me, that propellerheads are distancing themselves from Ios...didnt they sell off Take and Figure to Allihoopa or something? I dont think Thor has had any recent updates in a bit. I really don't forsee Reason coming anytime soon to Ios platform...not enough money. Ios people bitch about $20 apps, I cant imagine a 399.99 app lmao...there will be riots etc.

Besides, we have Korg Gadget...which is a similar type thing ...a closed system... (without Virtual cabling) and a much poopier sequencer. (i joke i joke...i kid i kid)

I think that too. It´s easy...don´t expect such complex tools (which anyway don´t work on small devices) for 20 dollar. But a touch optimized and less complex app should be working fine.
    I mean it´s time iOS crowd are willing to pay a bit more maybe too. In reality they sometimes even pay more for less (especially in terms of sample libraries when i compare the content).
    Maybe i should avoid buying too cheap apps because those developers don´t do the market a favor...... :#
    However, when i think about it we already might have all the tools which fits on an iOS device.
    I wonder what people expect from now on. I see still the biggest gap in better FX which should run fine on most iOS devices. Everything else won´t work fine on a tablet.

• If propellerheads wanted ,they would split Reason into pieces and sell them as separate apps (like Thor)

• An app with Reason 5 features will be great... But seems propellerheads ain't interested in making something worthy for ios.

• An app with Reason 5 features will be great... But seems propellerheads ain't interested in making something worthy for ios.

• @MrSmileZ said:

Propeller head own allihoopa btw

• One thing I didn’t know is they have ableton Link. Cool beans!