Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Animoog to play the DSI OB-6 Module

Explorations using the OB-6, Strymon Timeline, Animoog, and TC Electronic Hall Of Fame pedals.

Comments

• 100!

Even before the pedal board was introduced, sounded amazing. Wasn't the voice stealing because you're in unison/mono mode?

• Oh yeah, good call on the unison, doh. It was late at night, what can I say :)

• I’m so jealous of the OB-6. I want one so badly.

• I debated it since it was announced, took me a long time to make up my mind. Worth the wait though, it sounds amazing.

• edited October 2017

Were you weighing it against another synth, or just debating whether to get it at all?

Cool vid, btw. I didn't realize the DSI stuff could plug straight in.

• I was debating if it would be too "simple" of a synth for me given how much it costs. The other option I had been weighing was a Novation Peak, but no one around me has had any to check out. In the end I just could't get that sound of the OB-6 out of my head and had to at least try it. I found a good deal for it too, managed to get it for a bit more than $400 off the normal price.

• Controlling it with the iPad definitely adds a new dimension to it and it sounds great!

• Seems like the OB6 and midiLFOs are a match made in heaven. Or at least midiLFOs is a simple/cheap way to get around the OB6's single LFO limitation. :) I love using it with my SixTrak and my Juno, both single LFO machines.

• The xmod section on th OB6 gives you another ployphonic LFO, so it’s not too bad.