Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GridInstrument... New App

Paul over at iPad musicians Facebook group posted this up... does anybody use it, how is it, and does anybody have any link to any video of it in action?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gridinstrument/id1296511558?mt=8

Comments

• Check out expressionpad, which looks very similar and is free.

• Except expression pad doesn't have audiobus midi... I think this could be interesting. May take the leap.

• let us know where you land

• Works with the launchpad controllers, interesting.

• i cant find the mini in the settings though, going to try it when i get home

• Looks interesting. Please post your findings.

• ive read every where that the mini should be eaxctly as its big brother but its not, it only sends on one midi channel, ive emailed novation about this to confirm. but if this app works as i hope it might solve those problems, i got in touch with the developer also in case its not, maybe they can add some features to raise the value of launchpadmini for IOS users. some small addons, like mapping to sessions so we can send between 2 midi channels.

• Probably not related but it so happens my housemate got this thing this week:
    https://monome.org/grid/

• Can you custom assign the pads, or are they only in the scales/modes provided?

Looks cool, but we have several apps that function similarly by now. Not sure how many of them were updated to Audiobus MIDI, though.

• Start the app and my LP mini lights up all pads, the only app that does that apart from LP!

• @Calverhall said:
    Probably not related but it so happens my housemate got this thing this week:

I need musicnerdier house mates.

• The midi out does not seem to work

• If you own a launchpad mini, did this fella just add the LP Pro's Scales Mode to it for $3 dollars?

• Got the midi working also going trough ab3 and mfadapter

• @Hansson said:
    Yes

Beautiful.

• edited October 2017

@Hansson said:
    Got the midi working also going trough ab3 and mfadapter

so midi is not working without ab3 and mfadapter?

• anyone able to get this to work with the launchpad mini while also using the launchpad app without hassle?

• @syrupcore said:

@Calverhall said:
    Probably not related but it so happens my housemate got this thing this week:

I need musicnerdier house mates.

Let's all move in together ;)

• Just got a update. LP integration and midi out at the same time. Ie multiple midi outs.

• @kobamoto said:
    anyone able to get this to work with the launchpad mini while also using the launchpad app without hassle?

Yes. Seems to work fine. Can't seem to get it (the app) to play other apps, but maybe I was wrong somehow in thinking it might. Or could just be wrong in general :) BUT I have the kid's Mini hooked-up and it works perfectly with the LP app and while I'm also poking at the the thing on the iPad also.....So I guess he and I can have a power struggle with it which will be fun...

• @syrupcore said:
    If you own a launchpad mini, did this fella just add the LP Pro's Scales Mode to it for $3 dollars?

Apologies. Please explain what I now have that I have no idea I do :)

• edited October 2017

@Hansson said:
    The midi out does not seem to work

>

Hmmm. Yes. Grabbed this out of curiosity and love interface, but Midi out does not work. :'(

Tried mfadapter under AB3 set to All with Animoog, but still no sound. However, being a complete midiot, I may not have this configured correctly?

• there is an update, should be fixed, havent tried it yet.

• I just tried it.

1. Launchpad Mini > GridInstrument as MIDI in AB3 > Animoog.
    2. Success

Looks like this will make the LP mini much more useful!

• @Hansson said:
    there is an update, should be fixed, havent tried it yet.

>

Ah, okay. Not showing up in UK App Store as yet. Maybe later, or tomorrow. BTW, trying the manual refresh in App Store does absolutely nothing.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    If you own a launchpad mini, did this fella just add the LP Pro's Scales Mode to it for $3 dollars?

The latest launchpad added a Thumbjam(etc) style 'scales' mode where all of the pads are locked to a specific key/scale. The 'lesser' launchpads do not have this feature. Looks like if you hook up yer less-than launchpad to this app, it will conform all of the pads to a scale. So, presuming you're ok with an iPad intermediary, you get one of the flagship features of the newer LaunchPad Pro for three bucks. Because, capitalism.

• @syrupcore said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:

The latest launchpad added a Thumbjam(etc) style 'scales' mode where all of the pads are locked to a specific key/scale. The 'lesser' launchpads do not have this feature. Looks like if you hook up yer less-than launchpad to this app, it will conform all of the pads to a scale. So, presuming you're ok with an iPad intermediary, you get one of the flagship features of the newer LaunchPad Pro for three bucks. Because, capitalism.

Because thank you. Get it.

• Okay, fix turned up in UK App Store, but still doesn’t make a sound - at least for me - when aimed at any soft synth I have tried. Very disappointed.

• It does but it is not working in the background (with ab3 i works in the background)