Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can audiobus block program change information?

i am using a Roland ax7. I cannot find a setting that blocks Transmitting program changing info. This makes sense because it is a midi controller but if I accidentally hit the wrong button it goes all the way through audiobus into my softsynth and changes the sounds.
Thanks

Comments

• Apologies for the delay, @Jamkeys - No, I'm afraid this isn't possible yet, but I'll keep it in mind.

• You can use Midiflow alongside Audiobus. Midiflow can filter out program change. I looked through all the midiflow effects adapters and none can filter out cc. That would be a very useful feature for Mr. Doerr to consider in future releases of MF Channels

• I think the 'MIDI Check' app will also block/filter CC as you wish.

• Great thanks!

@Vaultnaemsae said:
    I think the 'MIDI Check' app will also block/filter CC as you wish.

• Thanks, guys!

• There will be an app for that, soon :)

• I should have saved my cash for Midiflow :(

• My apologies, it seems the MIDI check app is only for diagnostics.

• No worries bro, my appholism got the best of me :D

• @JohannesD said:
    There will be an app for that, soon :)

A midi ‘gatekeeper’? Or a cc filter?

As there are so many possible connections whenever a few apps are open, I’ve been hoping for a midi control base that nothing can get around. It could save everybody hours of troubleshooting. A midi hub where you can make (or block) connections between everything (hardware, apps, bluetooth/network stuff etc.) and filter what gets through the pathways that remain open if you so choose - apply effects, remap controls etc. A master control to override everything else.

I was hoping that AB3 might be capable.

Is this beyond Midiflow’s current capabilities? (How about MidiFire?) I get that you can connect everything, and manage your setups easily, and that there’s great versatility within the connections you’ve made. It’s the blocking everything else part that I wonder about. Maybe this requires a deeper level of access to the operating system than app developers are privy to? I don’t know how it works. I don’t know if it’s possible for an app to do this, or a reasonable thing to hope for, but it’s what I want.