Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electrify & Audiobus

edited January 2014 in Support and Feedback

Just DL'ed Electrify for iOS & when I first started it I got this pop-up: "The Audiobus SDK cannot be used due to an API key problem: This AudioBus API key is invalid for this app (code 4)." Help, please.

Comments

• Electrify to go (iPhone) shows the same message. Plus, that version doesn't work at all, crashes as soon as you press play. I'm sure the dev is on top of it though, he probably wants the old Electrify apps out of the way and focus on NXT for the next few weeks (I'm guessing)...

• Over on Facebook, the dev said that an update has already been submitted to Apple.

• edited March 2014

• That was the next thing I found - hit the PLAY button and gone!

• edited March 2014

• Reminds me of the first version of Electrify a lot for that reason. SOOO much potential and it MOSTLY works fine. But some real obvious bugs and head-scratcher UI choices too (browser). I'm keeping my eye on it closely, but I had really hoped this would be THE app I could finally use to perform live with the iPad. Just too buggy for me to trust it for that yet.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted, it has amazing potential.

• Had problems with Electrify (iPad Version) ages ago. This was one I really regret buying ($16.00) as it did not work. I saw the bad comments in the app store but didn't heed them. Got absolutely no response from the developer. In the end I left a negative review which is something I don't like to do. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth for new apps from them.

• This is the first app I have considered asking for a refund.<

How long has this issue with Electrify been going on? If I had an app FOR SALE in the App Store & it did not work at all I would have hurt myself scrambling to fix the problem (unless a dev can pull an app off the 'shelf' temporarily to keep from selling anymore). I have a few decent apps that I paid NOTHING for that work fine (i.e. Alchemy). I'm not a dev, but seriously?

• edited March 2014

• edited January 2014

I was thinking about buy it since it's on sale, but reading that...

• So a new update was released today for Electrify to go saying "fixed bug launching the app on iPad". But, It still behaves exactly the same on both the iPad and the iPhone as before the update (crashing when pressing play etc, giving an Audiobus invalid API error box). Does it work on anyone else's iOS 7 iDevice?

Maybe @electrify knows what's wrong (besides the Audiobus issue).

• edited March 2014

• No bugs detected at all on my Air. Works perfectly apart from memory warning messages but I've had no real experience of the memory causing a problem. I'm very pleased with NXT.

I had the original Electrify too and there was one first-time launch error but the dev responded to me right away and explained the fix. Mind you, I haven't tested the old one with AB.

As devs go, I think Ingo is one of the most responsive, eager to please dudes out there!

• edited March 2014

• Oh. That's a scaled down version to the iPhone, right? But there were comments that Ingo is unresponsive. I've found the opposite. And others are mentioning probs with iPad versions, so... Was just saying :-)

• edited March 2014

• edited January 2014

@sickmoth said:

As devs go, I think Ingo is one of the most responsive, eager to please dudes out there!

Are you serious bro? Could've fooled me.

• edited March 2014

• edited January 2014

@gjcyrus said:

@sickmoth said:

Are you serious bro? Could've fooled me.

In another thread here I mentioned how the phaser effect in NXT lacked the proper parameters (had a bubbly sound to it and all), and that it just sounded bad. The dev responded a day or two later addressing a whole bunch of people, the phaser issue I brought was in there and he said he would look into it. A week or two later the phaser effect had the new parameter I had asked for, amongst a bunch of other things like bug fixes and other people's issues. This was all done just a couple of weeks after its release. I call that a responsive developer.

I'm guessing he's in bug squashing mode now (I think he said something like that a bit back), and later more user requests.

• edited January 2014

Electrify to go was released back in 2011. Again, I'm sure updating it with all the new SDKs etc alongside the new NXT made him miss a few things on certain iOS versions and devices? And I'm sure he'll fix it ASAP. Besides @simon, you only paid $0.99 for it, so give the dude some leeway :)

• Yeah, this thread is giving me bad vibes. I've only found Ingo to be helpful, eager to please, and he's already said how he's taking care of bugs and looking to update NXT with user requests. He gave up his job to work full time on NXT and others so it's doubtful he'd just let this shit slide. Considering some apps are just left to die and some devs truly do ignore their customers in many cases, Ingo's approach is refreshing and honest. So To Go doesn't work? I'm sure he has noticed and intends to do something about it.

• Hope these issues get fixed, Ingo has been really responsive in my experience.

Fingers crossed an update is in the pipeline.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• @sickmoth and chrisg - guys, I'm happy it's worked out for both of you but for my specific problems and needs, not once have i gotten an explanation despite me registering (per his instructions) and leaving what I felt to be a fair question regarding a specific feature request here and on his forum. I'm not trying to spread bad vibes but a truthful review. I'm sure dev is a cool dude but my customer experience was very diff from you guys.

Peace

• Completely off-topic (because it finally drove me nuts here seeing some one respond to him... again), but what's up with Simon? I always see blank posts, but some of you seem to be able to respond to him here and there... is it something I accidentally clicked to hide his posts?