Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamzone professional backing track alternatives

I just downloaded Jamzone which is a great backing track type app, with independent tracks (including voice), which shows the lyrics and chords in real time. Very good audio quality, etc ... but it does not have configurable cc #, each song costs $ 2.99 to $ 1.60 (package c / 50) and all english. (I need Brazilian music too) :wink:
Any professional alternative (multi-track) with lyrics support + midi + sf2 besides cc #?
The idea is to pay for the app and not the songs.
Thanks

Comments

• Look into Session Band. Don't know if it meets all your requirements, but it's not bad.

• I don't know of an app that meets all your requirements, but I like iReal Pro as backingtrack-app! Sort of Band in the Box and lots of songs and styles to share (also brazilian). Check out http://appshopper.com/mac/music/ireal-book.

• In fact I liked the practicality of this Jamzone app for live use, being able to change the pitch, shorten (or increase) the duration of the song by jumping blocks easily. But there are still some questions, as the cost of +200 songs is a very high value compared to buying an iReal + bs-16 for example. And in practice, I do not know which would be more stable on a iPad Mini2 32gb.

• It’s a niche gap not truly filled (as my concerns).
    I have some many arranger-like apps including iReal pro.
    I advice you try it as it has huge library (forum contribution based from desktop app if I remember well) and also check xmure app. iReal exports musicXML files and xmure can open them.

Is far from perfect and some options cramped to their keyboards only...

Another option is loopcomunity Prime app. I still didn’t try to import my own songs into it and it’s virtual credit token store so maybe not your cup of tea. It will be great have a “pay version” with proper song editor too...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/17795/prime-free-app-for-backing-multitracks

Recently I see another similar without the song fee mode but I don’t remember the name and I have too much apps...

Another option is MidiBand with Bismark. I have them also, used twice since I prefer Prime if it load the right way my own songs.

Finally I consider Launchpad app if you buy a launch controller (XL recomendable) and you don’t need chording more than song structure.
    GTL will fit this description (and it’s midi open) in the next update (no ETA available).

http://forum.grouptheloop.com/index.php?p=/discussion/116/finally-some-new-features-of-gtl-snapshots

Scroll down to see snapshots and some interesting improvements as “next song” midi bindings.

Probably I miss some other but take a look and let discuss and see if we can find a solution with the actual apps. If not my advice will be go for korg microarranger.

• edited October 2017

Hi @Dubbylabby I appreciate the suggestions, there really are several possibilities.
    I am sure that for you keyboard players there are more options. but I only use an acoustic guitar and midi controllers (cc #) with the iPad. I keep searching ...

• I checked out Jamzone but they are badly lacking song choices for that one. I already cleaned it off my iPad.

• edited October 2017

@Tritonman said:
    I checked out Jamzone but they are badly lacking song choices for that one. I already cleaned it off my iPad.

I sent an email suggesting to allow the import of songs and add cc # midi. I think it's better for them to make it more popular and open than closed and with limited repertoire.

• I am seriously entertaining thoughts on one of these, just have to sell some gear for the purchase, but they have some serious power on board for songs.

• edited October 2017

@ronaldobc said:
    Hi @Dubbylabby I appreciate the suggestions, there really are several possibilities.
    I am sure that for you keyboard players there are more options. but I only use an acoustic guitar and midi controllers (cc #) with the iPad. I keep searching ...

Well as a keytarbordist apprentice I’m also in research for hands free solutions :sunglasses:

ITOH hacking keyboard/stand controllers into footpedals is in my todo list too... :smirk:

• @Dubbylabby said:

@ronaldobc said:

Well as a keytarbordist apprentice I’m also in research for hands free solutions :sunglasses:

ITOH hacking keyboard/stand controllers into footpedals is in my todo list too... :smirk:

It does not necessarily have to be free because the developers have done a great job of creating the app, but selling my left kidney to buy music is a bit over the top. :-/

• Agree with @Dubbylabby that there's a niche opportunity here that is not being met. I think GTL has promise but Jack seems pretty busy with other stuff these days.

• edited October 2017

@ronaldobc said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@ronaldobc said:

It does not necessarily have to be free because the developers have done a great job of creating the app, but selling my left kidney to buy music is a bit over the top. :-/

Hands free (footpedal controlled) not free as beer. I’m glad paying for nice apps even 20€ or so (even when I didn’t used them twice) :smile:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Agree with @Dubbylabby that there's a niche opportunity here that is not being met. I think GTL has promise but Jack seems pretty busy with other stuff these days.

Yup but almost he released something... I remember a similar GUI app with similar functionality which never get released... how was called? Ah yes... Loopy Masterpiece! :trollface:

Jokes (and deadlines) aside maybe some devs should become somekind of cooperative (more than even than AB devs who seem being somekind) and build apps altogether instead duplicate efforts.

• A quality iOS arranger is no where near the horizon as I look from here unfortunately but the touch screen of the Pa700 holds some really neat tricks and gets me into the same ball park of where I'd like to be but definitely would cost more than a quality arranger on iOS . I would think a really good one that exploited the potential of the iPad could grab a pretty decent price at the App Store. Even at a couple hundred bucks it would be well worth it. Alas , time to say goodbye to some of my gear hopefully soon.

• The Jamzone people answered my email, but I do not expect any news from them. Better to look for other solutions. Does anyone use bismark bs16i successfully on an iPad Mini 2? Well now with iOS11 it seems that everything got heavier and slower. I guess with soundfonts and other apps open, something can twist at any time. Or not?

• Maybe this?

• @maya-br seems interesting as tool not my primary focus but seems useful. Thanks for sharing it.