Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

soda - new dj application

Hello everyone!

We just recorded a quick introduction video to soda, our new dj application and wanted to share it with you first!

https://youtu.be/wzbKHMJUF6A

The app will go into its last beta phase, and we invite you to join and try it for yourself.
just send an email to [email protected] or pm me your email address :)

Comments

• this Does look completely sick. The one thing that bugs me about DJ apps on IOS they have little to no allowance for scratching. I know you can scratch in most of them but it’s not precise. What about a cross fader that, instead of controlling channel volume, controls the direction of the deck? Think about it.. mash that along with a mute button, you would have some serious control of the scratch...

• I need DVS in my DJ apps, but i love the concept of building UIs, that is brilliant and would suit DVS so much too.

• @JangoMango said:
    this Does look completely sick. The one thing that bugs me about DJ apps on IOS they have little to no allowance for scratching. I know you can scratch in most of them but it’s not precise. What about a cross fader that, instead of controlling channel volume, controls the direction of the deck? Think about it.. mash that along with a mute button, you would have some serious control of the scratch...

Yea i agree, scratching on iOS is mostly sub-par. Some of it comes down to the low scanning rate of the touchscreen, which is 120hz in a best case scenario.. not quite enough for smooth changes in playbackrate.
    But the crossfader sounds like a pretty fun idea! Even just to reverse the audio for brief moments.

@Samplemunch said:
    I need DVS in my DJ apps, but i love the concept of building UIs, that is brilliant and would suit DVS so much too.

We're looking into DVS and will probably add it in an early update.

• Been beta it for months there’s a lot going on!

• Been into beta as well and wooooooowwww. My only complaint is that the pitch slider only goes +- 10% That isn't conducive to my "chopped and screwed" DJ style and radical sliders like 100% or more would allow for serious musical mangling and experimentation.

• edited October 2017

Also.. not just 1/4 1/8 1/16 repeats, what about a programmable scratch effect a basic appreggiator type grid that allows you to pattern scratch backwards, scratch forwards, scratch pitch, scratch cut-off..maybe scratch echo effects ;-)

• @Telengard said:
    Reminds me of d(--)b:

http://d--b.zerodebug.com/

:smirk:

@JangoMango said:
    Also.. not just 1/4 1/8 1/16 repeats, what about a programmable scratch effect a basic appreggiator type grid that allows you to pattern scratch backwards, scratch forwards, scratch pitch, scratch cut-off..maybe scratch echo effects ;-)

Like ttm?

• edited October 2017

• Wow, looking forward to the birth of this babe, it has lots of useful functions, still missing in other DJ apps! And I also like the design

• Will it do the one thing that no other DJ app can? Support NAS drives.

• DjPlayer pro supports NAS drives ?

• @cblomert I am so happy to see this actually release. You guys have come a long way from the first beta I had access to 1.5 years ago :D was a bit worried that you guys had cancelled the app in between when there were no betas for most of a year. Was overjoyed when It came back though. :)

• @Samplemunch said:
    DjPlayer pro supports NAS drives ?

>

Not as far as I know.

• edited October 2017

It has done for a long time, from the manual.

2.6.4.5. Track Browser Screen > Network Drive (WebDAV)

DJ Player can browse and load audio from storage on your local network, such as a shared folder on your computer, a WiFi drive or NAS.

DJ Player supports the WebDAV protocol, Samba/SMB will not work. Both HTTP and HTTPS are supported.

Security: Basic Authentication is supported, Digest Authentication is not supported. For a secure connection use HTTPS and Basic Authentication.

WebDAV shares with Apple's Bonjour protocol are automatically discovered when you tap on the magnifying glass icon.

Use the pencil icon to input or edit the address of your network storage. Username and password can be set using this format: http://username:password@ip_address:port Example: http://user:[email protected]:81

• These sound are actually very useful!

• edited October 2017

@Samplemunch said:
    It has done for a long time, from the manual.

Maybe it’s just me, but I tried this and found it incredibly unintuitive. Firstly, the setting is hard to find, then when I tap the looking glass icon to find my home network, nothing is discovered. I know it’s there, I’m using it now! Every other app I have that can access the NAS drive finds the network instantly. Sure, I could input it manually, but to be frank, as the app can’t find it itself, I have no faith it will be capable of retaining and reliably using the NAS.

Then there’s the pricing model. Another damn subscription attempt, this time at a maximum of over £80 for 5 years. There is a pay once alternative that is reasonable, but no indication if this supports NAS drive. :'(

• I use it with my NAS all the time, you said non support NAS, DJPP does, I can't comment on the pricing, I paid the $80 for 5 years, it seems a fair price to me as long as he keeps updating, which he has, I dont like subscription and given the option would never pay it, but it is the only quality DVS on IOS.

• edited October 2017

You are correct, in pricing. I have adjusted my post. Just had another try, and failed to even find where the NAS config was buried. This is not intuitive.

To my mind, I should be able to see this very easily, and be automatically offered the option. I’ve tried many DJ apps, but this one just frustrates me.

Oh, and I believe that the non-subscription model does not support NAS. So it’s either pay a sub, or look elsewhere.

• The beta is now available on Testflight :)
    We hope you'll like it!

• The email you sent cant be read by IOS email reader.

• I read the email in Android and grabbed the redeem code.
    First impression, there seems no way to accurately set cue points, will have a look for a manual.

• edited October 2017

@Samplemunch said:
    I read the email in Android and grabbed the redeem code.
    First impression, there seems no way to accurately set cue points, will have a look for a manual.

you won't find one yet - sorry ;)
    cue points will be set to the nearest beat.
    If the bpm detection failed its job you can adapt it via the track-grid:
    short tap on the waveform, then press the appearing button with | | | as logo.
    You can set the speed and downbeat there.

• edited October 2017

Yes i did all that, downbeat would not set.
    I will test more though.

Yeah there is a bug when adusting by single samples here, the arrows work once and then stop working.

The UI is quite slick but there are a lot of missing features right now.

• could you take a quick screencast of the issue and send it over? i can't reproduce it right now
    What features are you missing?

• There is no way to place cues where you want as far as i can see, you just drop them during playback, this is of very little use to me, i need accuracy.

I will try a screengrab tomorrow, where do you want it sent ?

• yea, they are quantized to the next beat right now - we might change them to drop sample-accurate while the deck is standing still and quantized while it is running.

sent you my email via pm!

• Cblomert,
    I’m trying to make a midi map for a Reloop Mixtour however I can’t seem to get the line faders to work. When I assign the faders I see the CC change but moving the physical fader doesn’t affect Soda. Other things like eq, filters, cue vol etc work fine.

• Can you access tracks from Audioshare or is it only iTunes?