Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 11.0.3 is out

Comments

• @receder said:
    Downloading now.
    See details here --> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht201222

Thanks

• @receder said:
    Downloading now.
    See details here --> https://support.apple.com/en-gb/ht201222

Thank you for being that brave; hope you'll report later!

• edited October 2017

@Harro I am hoping that it fixes a bluetooth issue with my Line6 Amplifi 75 where the app keeps losing connection.
    TBH it's been a fairly painless upgrade for me otherwise.

• There are audio fixes in this release for iPhone 7 phones. :smile: (I use an iPhone 7 Plus)

• You down with 11.0.3?
    Yeah you know me.

• Is it only a security patch then?

• @ipadthai said:
    You down with 11.0.3?
    Yeah you know me.

haha. Just spit coffee.

• edited October 2017

So... anyone running iOS11 on a 2017 ipad...? I assume it's fine.... ....?

• Yes I have a 2017 iPad with 128Gb and it seems to run fine with IOS 11.0.3

• @receder said:
    Yes I have a 2017 iPad with 128Gb and it seems to run fine with IOS 11.0.3

Have you tried GarageBand Mixdown with AU tracks of Noise or iSem? I'm am getting sound dropouts with the latest 10.x.

• @teleb I don't normally use GB but will give it a try with iSem/Noise and let you know.

• @receder said:
    @teleb I don't normally use GB but will give it a try with iSem/Noise and let you know.

Cool. Poison-202 doesn't have this problem, by the way

• edited October 2017

@teleb Ok I finally worked out how to export from GB :s
    Anyway, I created a short piece of music using iSEM AU on one track and Noise AU on the other. It exported fine and there are no dropouts in the exported mixdown.

The only issue I had was loading the song back in to GB. It just hung a couple of times but loaded fine on the third attempt.

• @receder said:
    @teleb Ok I finally worked out how to export from GB :s
    Anyway, I created a short piece of music using iSEM AU on one track and Noise AU on the other. It exported fine and there are no dropouts in the exported mixdown.

The only issue I had was loading the song back in to GB. It just hung a couple of times but loaded fine on the third attempt.

Thanks for the test. That sounds promising.Which iOS device are you using?

• No problem. I have an iPad 2017 128gb.

• @receder said:
    No problem. I have an iPad 2017 128gb.

Thanks. Same as me. I am hesitating to go beyond iOS 10.x, my beloved Alchemy would not work anymore.
    But my it seems like the repair guys can fix my broken iPad Air, if that work out, I can go on and have Alchemy on this one.

• How much Ram is in the iPad 2017?

• 2Gb I believe.

• @receder said:
    2Gb I believe.

They have 4 GB.

• edited October 2017

@InfoCheck no I checked... "The CPU is an A9 chip with 64bit architecture and an embedded M9 co-processor. This is accompanied by 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM."

• Infocheck checkinfo :D

• edited October 2017

@receder said:
    @InfoCheck no I checked... "The CPU is an A9 chip with 64bit architecture and an embedded M9 co-processor. This is accompanied by 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM."

Check here on the tear down of a 10.5 2017 iPad Pro. While the 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM is indeed in these iPad Pros, there are two of them which comes to a total of 4 GB. There are multiple sites where you can get information about the RAM in these iOS devices. The chips are the A10X not A9.

If there's a non-pro 2017 iPad, I know nothing about it so that may be what you were talking about rather than the iPad Pros.

@MusicMan4Christ WTF? WWJD?

• Sorry bro was joking :#
    I’m not the best joker I guess :s
    Love your avatar tho <3 o:) :)

I asked cause my Air 1 is barely hanging on and I might need to sell my Korg Trinity and my Zoom G3 and some pedals to come up with enough cash. I would need to sell my Air 1 too. But who knows.

• @InfoCheck I think you are confusing my model with the iPad Pro. Mine is the new model in 2017 which replaces the Air 2. It has a 9.7 inch retina screen and either 32 or 128Gb (mine has the latter storage option). These have 2Gb of RAM.

You can read about it on Apple's web page but they don't include the RAM details or at least I couldn't find any. It is mentioned in various other reviews and tech sites like Gsmarena (wouldn't let me post links here for some reason).

Also, I use a free system utility which tells you how much RAM you have.

• Wikipedia has a nice overview of models and technical details for the iPhone.
    IIRC for iPad as well

• edited October 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Sorry bro was joking :#

I asked cause my Air 1 is barely hanging on and I might need to sell my Korg Trinity and my Zoom G3 and some pedals to come up with enough cash. I would need to sell my Air 1 too. But who knows.

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Sorry bro was joking :#

Thank you and I'm sure I over reacted due to my own personal circumstances which have nothing to do with you. As @receder explained, it's now clear to me that I thought you were asking about the iPad Pro when it was the 2017 replacement for the Air 2. I hope you find a suitable replacement for your Air 1. At this point in time the Air 2 actually performs a little better with audio than a 2017 12.9 iPad Pro though as iOS and apps are updated, this may change.

• Getting glitches in gadget...link makes the swing and tempo go wonky when its on its own...

• And the forced downloads have begun...

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Getting glitches in gadget...link makes the swing and tempo go wonky when its on its own...

Thanks for the heads up.

• Wow Bluetooth headphones latency feels way less on latest.