Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis: Bouncing MIDI track to Audio Track?!?

Somehow, I remember, that I once bounced a Cubasis MIDI track to a Cubasis Audio Track - without freezing the MIDI track.

But right now, I cannot repeat this...

Is it, because I mistook Auria Pro for Cubasis?

Or do I just something straight wrong in Cubasis?

confused

Comments

• Possible?

Or not?

• @tja In Cubasis (best of my memory, I use Auria too, probably more) there isn't a bounce in place function so aside from freezing the only other way I could think of is muting everything but the MIDI track you want changed to an audio track and doing a mixdown.

I know it's a bit clunky but unless you can route individual track outputs to individual track inputs then thats the way it is. I actually use the track freeze for the purpose of making an audio track of my MIDI stuff and then if I want to access the MIDI again AND keep the audio, I'll copy that audio region to an empty audio track before unfreezing it which causes it to be 'erased'.

Again, a bit convoluted, but it works.

• In settings there is an option for delete unfreezed track or not. If you set it so that it doesn’t delete then all you need to do is freeze track, wait for it to render and then unfreeze track and it will leave behind the bounced audio track as a new track. Obviously you need to think about weather or not you want your inserts and channel strip to be renderd with it, turn them off first if you still want to be able to make changes to them

• I don't get it. Why not just freeze it? Seems like Cubasis is using a different term for the same function.

• @JRSIV said:
    @tja In Cubasis (best of my memory, I use Auria too, probably more) there isn't a bounce in place function so aside from freezing the only other way I could think of is muting everything but the MIDI track you want changed to an audio track and doing a mixdown.

I know it's a bit clunky but unless you can route individual track outputs to individual track inputs then thats the way it is. I actually use the track freeze for the purpose of making an audio track of my MIDI stuff and then if I want to access the MIDI again AND keep the audio, I'll copy that audio region to an empty audio track before unfreezing it which causes it to be 'erased'.

Again, a bit convoluted, but it works.

Ah, thanks a bunch - then I remembered wrong and this was not Cubasis where I did this.

• @Extnctn6 said:
    In settings there is an option for delete unfreezed track or not. If you set it so that it doesn’t delete then all you need to do is freeze track, wait for it to render and then unfreeze track and it will leave behind the bounced audio track as a new track. Obviously you need to think about weather or not you want your inserts and channel strip to be renderd with it, turn them off first if you still want to be able to make changes to them

Yes, that's more elegant.... thank you!

• @CracklePot said:
    I don't get it. Why not just freeze it? Seems like Cubasis is using a different term for the same function.

I have no problem to do this.
    As I wrote, I just (wrongly) remembered that I did this already in Cubasis (without freeze).
    But with the above option, freezing I a breeze anyway :)