Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Odessa (LIVE - IT FINALLY HAPPENED!)

Comments

• Yes, please!

• Interesting!

• Welp. @brambos can I help test please ?

• So what is this, it isnt very clear ?
    AU MIDI sequencer.
    AU to AU MIDI bypassing the host entirely.

Sorry but i dont use AUM, so it is probably less clear to me than others.
    If it is AU MIDI sequencer (hoping) does that mean that AUM already supports MIDI AU ?

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2017

@Samplemunch Yes, the latest version of AUM (1.2.2) supports AUv3 MIDI output.

Guessing fron the video, Obsidian seems to be a monophonic bassline AUv3 MIDI sequencer, with 8 tracks to switch between - like an enhanced version of the sequencer in the IAA host version of Troublemaker :)

Insta-buy for me, as with all the other brambos apps.

• That’s cool as hell!

• edited October 2017

This (Bassline) is the first in the Obsidian collection - packed in a single app - of AU sequencers for use in AUv3MIDI compatible hosts (currently only AUM, afaik).
    Some specs:

• follow actions
    • transpose via MIDI notes
    • multiple instances (that's kind of the point)
    • obviously all the mutation/random stuff you already expected
    • patterns selectable via MIDI
    • fully (automatically) scalable window; adapts to the available space

More to come!

P.s. Hmmmm... I didn't know Nanostudio also used an internal synth called Obsidian. An appstore search for that name didn't turn up anything music-related.

• edited October 2017

@brambos
    I think obsidian, as far as I can remember, will be the name of the synth that will replace eden in NS2. So no AppStore search available

• I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but if it’s multiple instances of Brambos sequenced apps, or a host AU sequencer then this is something I was dreaming about in an earlier thread.

Wonderful, take my money, quick.

• edited October 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but if it’s multiple instances of Brambos sequenced apps, or a host AU sequencer then this is something I was dreaming about in an earlier thread.

It's essentially going to be a suite of different types of AU sequencers. This will turn e.g. AUM into a freeform modular DAW (DAWlet?) where you can have multiple sequencers running autonomously - in sync. Through AUM's midi routing you can point these sequencers at anything you like: AU synths, IAA synths, external MIDI interfaces.

Using AU state saving you can easily save/recall these sessions.

Once I'm further along the development process I'll show a more comprehensive demo.

• Wow! Blown away!

@brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but if it’s multiple instances of Brambos sequenced apps, or a host AU sequencer then this is something I was dreaming about in an earlier thread.

It's essentially going to be a suite of different types of AU sequencers. This will turn e.g. AUM into a freeform modular DAW (DAWlet?) where you can have multiple sequencers running autonomously - in sync. Through AUM's midi routing you can point these sequencers at anything you like: AU synths, IAA synths, external MIDI interfaces.

Once I'm further along the development process I'll show a more comprehensive demo.

• @brambos said:
    This (Bassline) is the first in the Obsidian collection - packed in a single app - of AU sequencers for use in AUv3MIDI compatible hosts (currently only AUM, afaik).
    Some specs:

• follow actions
    • transpose via MIDI notes
    • multiple instances (that's kind of the point)
    • obviously all the mutation/random stuff you already expected
    • patterns selectable via MIDI
    • fully (automatically) scalable window; adapts to the available space

More to come!

P.s. Hmmmm... I didn't know Nanostudio also used an internal synth called Obsidian. An appstore search for that name didn't turn up anything music-related.

Not yet...it was shown in a preview of the coming NanoStudio 2.

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

If you lived in Mid Wales I’d buy you a pint.

• edited October 2017

This must be one of the nichiest apps ever.

You're a brave man

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

Niiice! That's a similar thing i was talking about in another thread and was missing....seems it will be there soon.

• edited October 2017

To add to this it would be great if more iOS DAW's then addopt these midi FX AU's to drive any other AU.
    A kind of like it's working now in Logic which i find a great workflow with a channel each for the instrument, MIDI FX and extern FX per track.

• @Cib said:
    To add to this it would be great if more iOS DAW's then addopt these midi FX AU's to drive any other AU.

I think they will. I mean, it's not a proprietary feature made up by me and Jonatan; it's an official AU feature introduced in iOS 11. I can see this find a useful place in various other hosts.

But it's a chicken-egg thing until there are plugins that support it. Which is something I intend to change now ;)

• Silence is golden. :)

• @brambos said:

@MonzoPro said:

We (me) are going to need a no-more-than-two-syllable vid :)

• @brambos said:

@Cib said:

I think they will. I mean, it's not a proprietary feature made up by me and Jonatan; it's an official AU feature introduced in iOS 11. I can see this find a useful place in various other hosts.

But it's a chicken-egg thing until there are plugins that support it. Which is something I intend to change now ;)

And we really appreciate it mate!

• edited October 2017

Dreams do come true. Awesome!!!

You are the man @brambos

• @brambos said:

@Cib said:

Good to know....and crazy that even apple don´t let Logic do midi out.
    It´s up to the third party developers....as usual :)

• edited October 2017

Awesome......really cannot wait for this......Midi changeable patterns and transpose...hallelujah :)

• @BiancaNeve said:

This must be one of the nichiest apps ever.

You're a brave man

It's only niche because for whatever reasons, musicians don't use it more (in this case it's in development). This AU MIDI output function is really great and will add a lot more functionality and flexibility to setups. Hopefully other developers will follow in the Bram Bos wake as eventually happened with AU apps originally. I really appreciate the great work @brambos @j_liljedahl and the Audiobus developers plus many others do for us to provide more viable options for us.

• @brambos and @j_liljedahl collab. This is like iOS music app all star team. Just take my money!

• It isn’t niche at all, it is right on the forefront, this will open up the world of AU arps and chorders and all sorts.

@brambos I am guessing this is not In the AU specs, but dragging of the MIDI pattern to the host timeline ?

• I’ll buy this for sure :) Looking forward

• @Samplemunch said:
    It isn’t niche at all, it is right on the forefront, this will open up the world of AU arps and chorders and all sorts.

>

Exactly. AUM has already revolutionised the way I make music, this is the next step forward.

Love it.