Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AU Sampler

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    BTW. There is no convulsion reverb AU either

Or an epileptic delay, now that you mention it.

• Aren't all of the apple AUs baked into iOS? Is it just up to some enterprising developer to expose it (and charge for it)?

• Worst haikus yet. Did not read.

• I've started working on such a unicorn a while ago, using the amazing AudioKit framework.
    I got it working (load a piano note and play it polyphonically)
    But I've started to write down all the features I (and probably most of you want) and it's a lot of work and unfortunately I don't have the time & energy to dive deep into it. Also BM3 came along the way....

• Reslice? That's what I use.

• beathawk ....kind of

• I may have misread it but I heard Patterning developer may be working on something like this, based on Patterning sample engine. Otherwise I'm sure someone will fill the gap. :)

• Reason NN-XT for iOS would be... AWESOMENESS!

• @eross said:
    beathawk ....kind of

Yeah Beathawk-as-an-AU is my current makeshift solution for this. It's not as robust as something like Beatmaker 3, but it's very easy to set up and all the basic features are there, including audio stretching. There doesn't seem to be a way to assign different samples to different notes or ranges of notes, though — unless I'm missing something? — which is a feature I'd expect in the bread-and-butter AU sampler of our dreams.

My thing is, I want to be able to set up my samples/sample instruments ONCE, and then use them in whatever app I like.

I feel reasonably confident that SOMEONE must be working on this... but I'd be relieved and excited to hear anything specific.

• @Carnbot said:
    I may have misread it but I heard Patterning developer may be working on something like this, based on Patterning sample engine. Otherwise I'm sure someone will fill the gap. :)

I hope this is true, because Olympia's instruments are all dependably brilliant.

• edited October 2017

Why do you need an AU Sampler when we have Beatmaker 3 which does a great job of sampling AU’s? :#

Also ReSlice is technically a sampler which is AU...the slices map to your keyboard as well.

ReSlice by VirSyn
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reslice/id1187609531?mt=8

• @echoopera said:
    Why do you need an AU Sampler when we have Beatmaker 3 which does a great job of sampling AU’s? :#

Also ReSlice is technically a sampler which is AU...the slices map to your keyboard as well.

ReSlice by VirSyn
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reslice/id1187609531?mt=8

There are several reasons:

Beatmaker is a full-blown DAW, which is awesome (and definitely has its rightful place, but we are talking about a simple, single-purpose old-school multi sampler with loop points, crossfade, and patch sharing.

Some of us use iPhones and Beatmaker doesn’t yet support iPhones.

We are talking specifically about a sampler that loads into a DAW as an AU—Beatmaker AFAIK doesn’t load into a DAW as an AU.

• Just use Reslice. It’s a slicing based sampler which can be used in any DAW. HERE IT IS IN BM3 and being played chromatically in the piano roll.

• Yeah, it's a slicer mate. Bit different.

• edited October 2017
  • I sample with my Fairlight app. “Vogel CMI Pro”
    I love JMJ sounds...

• Between BM3’s sampler, Egoist and ReSlice, I can’t imagine what more people would actually want beyond the abstract concept of ‘more’.

That said, while it’s non essential I’d defo love a stand-alone AU version of BM3’s sampler to load into AUM!

• @OscarSouth said:
    That said, while it’s non essential I’d defo love a stand-alone AU version of BM3’s sampler to load into AUM!

Exactly this. I'm learning to like BM3's DAW-like stuff but the sampler is simply amazing and would be a great AU resource.