Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you create the AUFX:Space Swirl effect?

Say I don't have the $5 to buy Space and wanted to build that effect myself out of parts--how would you go about it?

Comments

• I'd earn 5$. Then buy the app.

All joking aside i honestly don't know how'd you replicate the effect exactly using other apps. Would cost more than buying it I think. Cause some of the reverbs you could use would cost more than Space.

• Which effect apps do you have already? Do you have AUM or a DAW with sends?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I'd earn 5$. Then buy the app.

I can afford it. I'd just like to know how it's made.

@syrupcore said:
    Which effect apps do you have already? Do you have AUM or a DAW with sends?

For setup I have AUM and Cubasis. For effects, I have Magellan, Sunvox, Cubasis, and base Tonestack.

• I don't think you have a good enough reverb to compete. I'm not sure what's technically going on with the magic of the swirl param but I'd try a feedback loop with the reverberated signal feeding a stereo chorus unit which feeds back to the reverb in AUM. If that goes nuts with feedback, you can try simply combining them. You might also try setting up a channel in AUM that is a double of the reverb return. Setting upper and lower filters on that channel and feeding that and only that into a chorus unit.

• @syrupcore said:
    I don't think you have a good enough reverb to compete. I'm not sure what's technically going on with the magic of the swirl param but I'd try a feedback loop with the reverberated signal feeding a stereo chorus unit which feeds back to the reverb in AUM. If that goes nuts with feedback, you can try simply combining them. You might also try setting up a channel in AUM that is a double of the reverb return. Setting upper and lower filters on that channel and feeding that and only that into a chorus unit.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The Sunvox reverb is very nice.

• edited October 2017

Sounds like kind of (pitch) modulation to me.
    You could just modulate the pitch (slightly) of your synth/instrument and send that trough your reverb of choice.
    But yes, save that damn 5$ because app developers have to eat ;)