Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM and AudioShare now with Files App integration.

Comments

• Only thing really I have been wishing for for years is delete a file/ folder and it is deleted, no need going to trash, selecting all, both, delete.

• @neinneinnein said:
    Only thing really I have been wishing for for years is delete a file/ folder and it is deleted, no need going to trash, selecting all, both, delete.

That was how it worked before. But IMHO it's better this way because one day you accidentally delete a whole folder of important work! Just make it a habit of deleting all in Trash once in a while.. Also I'll make it simpler in a future update, adding a "Empty trash" button.

• Just downloaded the AudioShare update it’s still not opening and bouncing.

• @j_liljedahl , is it possible to drag and drop a file from files app into Audio Share for editing

• Wierd the update for AudioShare appeared again so just downloaded again, will try again inside the files app. Again all my files under the cloud, Dropbox, Documents, etc don’t seem to connect with this rubbish Apple files app. It pants to get them to show I have to do a hard reset on my iPad Pro 9.7. 3 time today doing this is anyone else having these show problems with the Apple files app?

• hmmm after the update (and a reboot) my AudioShare files app panel loads ok, but is completely empty of my AudioShare files. i can create a new folder in the panel, and then see it in the AudioShare app, but either something is wrong or i do not understand what this is supposed to do

• Very odd. First off, the updates did not show up in the update page, even though they seemed to be present in the appstore. I checked the version numbers of both apps on my iPad and they were 2.7.5 and 1.2.1 respectively. A few minutes later they popped up on the update page and I updated both. But the version numbers does not seem to have changed after the update. Air2/10.3.3. Any comments @j_liljedahl ?

• Both working fine here, Air 2, iOS11.0.3...

• @wellingtonCres said:
    hmmm after the update (and a reboot) my AudioShare files app panel loads ok, but is completely empty of my AudioShare files. i can create a new folder in the panel, and then see it in the AudioShare app, but either something is wrong or i do not understand what this is supposed to do

You need to run the actual AudioShare app once for it to migrate all files.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Very odd. First off, the updates did not show up in the update page, even though they seemed to be present in the appstore. I checked the version numbers of both apps on my iPad and they were 2.7.5 and 1.2.1 respectively. A few minutes later they popped up on the update page and I updated both. But the version numbers does not seem to have changed after the update. Air2/10.3.3. Any comments @j_liljedahl ?

Probably just App Store needing some more time to catch up.. The versions should be AudioShare 2.7.6 and AUM 1.2.2.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    @j_liljedahl , is it possible to drag and drop a file from files app into Audio Share for editing

Not yet. Drag and drop is on my todo.

• Thanks for both updates, really helpful :)

• @j_liljedahl Shouldn't the 'iTunes File Sharing' folder present in AudioShare be under the 'On my iPad/iPhone' section in Files.app? (Not that I use it but that would make those files easier to access from 'everywhere').

• Great update looking fwd to drag and drop.

• Humm. Works first time on iPhone 7 iOS 11.0.2, but iPad Air 2 iOS 11.0.2 ...

I updated on the iPad, then tried the files app AudioShare showed up and immediately disappeared like before. Then I went back to the app store and AudioShare and AUM don't show up in the Updated Recently list.

Rebooted and refreshed the app store, and then the updates showed up again. So I installed the updates. Next I opened the files app and went to the AudioShare files tab. No files.

Then I opened AudioShare, left it open, and went to the files app again. Now all the files are there. Either the files appearing just took some time, or the AudioShare app needed to be running.

Everything is working great now, but a few hoops needed to be jumped through on the iPad.

• Yer as the dev said you need to open up in standalone mode as such first.

• @neinneinnein said:
    Only thing really I have been wishing for for years is delete a file/ folder and it is deleted, no need going to trash, selecting all, both, delete.

Yea I’ve accidentally deleted a three day project and the trash saved me big time

• Awesome. AudioShare was my only app that didn’t work properly in iOS 11 (import from AudioShare didn’t work), and now it’s fixed!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yer as the dev said you need to open up in standalone mode as such first.

Missed that one.

Doesn't explain the app store weirdness, but it seems it eventually sorts itself out.

• Working great, thanks.

• Do you plan making AUM splitview/splitscreen/multitask ready?

• @Samu said:
    @j_liljedahl Shouldn't the 'iTunes File Sharing' folder present in AudioShare be under the 'On my iPad/iPhone' section in Files.app? (Not that I use it but that would make those files easier to access from 'everywhere').

It would be very simple to add that, however I think it might be confusing for users if there are two AudioShare locations in the Files app. Most users would have no idea what the differences are, and that the "On my iPad/AudioShare" folder corresponds to AudioShare's "iTunes File Sharing" folder.

• @Philippe said:
    Do you plan making AUM splitview/splitscreen/multitask ready?

Yes, some day :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@djjuniorpops said:
    @j_liljedahl , is it possible to drag and drop a file from files app into Audio Share for editing

Not yet. Drag and drop is on my todo.

But you can drag'n'drop in the files app - just select AudioShare there and drop your files - they will then show up in AudioShare.

• @j_liljedahl said:

Most users would have no idea what the differences are, and that the "On my iPad/AudioShare" folder corresponds to AudioShare's "iTunes File Sharing" folder.

That's one thing I almost took for granted that Apple would 'fix' before releasing iOS11 and finally cut the 'iTunes Tie' and make all those 'iTunes File Sharing' folders available thru the Files.app. One can always dream...

• edited October 2017

I wish the Apple files app would actually work, all I get 90 percent of the time is a blank page. Non of the applicable apps show their contents. See photo, If I do a hard reset or sign out my Apple account and back in they do show. But if I leave the files app and use it again 10 minutes later I back to square one with nothing showing. iPad Pro 9.7 on iOS 11.0.2 anyone else having problems with the files App.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I wish the Apple files app would actually work, all I get 90 percent of the time is a blank page. Non of the applicable apps show their contents. See photo, If I do a hard reset or sign out my Apple account and back in they do show. But if I leave the files app and use it again 10 minutes later I back to square one with nothing showing. iPad Pro 9.7 on iOS 11.0.2 anyone else having problems with the files App.

iOS11.0.3 was released yesterday ;)

Don't know if it will fix the issue for you but for me it's at least a bit more stable when browsing deep folder-structures such as those in BM3(3.0.4 beta).

• AUM now has AUv3 MIDI Out too......... time for this AUv3 based sequencers and controller apps to start rolling out :)