Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

Comments

• edited June 2017

@Shazamm said:
    List of apps that work with irig keys pro

nanostudio eden
    heavy brass
    ifretless sax
    ifretless brass
    DRC
    Voice synth
    magellan
    nlog pro
    dxi
    nave
    bs-16i
    seaboard sd
    sunrizer
    addictive pro
    tera synth
    posideon
    poisen 202
    artic keys
    im1
    mood
    model 15
    sampletank

update
    Korg iM1
    Korg iWavestation
    Korg iPolysix

• edited June 2017

@Shazamm

Awesome! Thanks for the additions.

I missed your original post somehow.

Good stuff!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @Shazamm

Awesome! Thanks for the additions.

I missed your original post somehow.

Good stuff!

these apps are so important to my workflow as I run through presets for a fast workflow

• OMFG just found out Moog Model 15 in audiobus remote has program change buttons

• edited June 2017

using irig keys pro pc change

• Does bs-16i receive program changes?? I just have seen it in a list above

• update
    Korg iM1
    Korg iWavestation
    Korg iPolysix

iM1 already did but I have iPolySix and this is HUGE!!! Thanks for the update!!!

• @Shazamm said:

@Shazamm said:
    List of apps that work with irig keys pro

nanostudio eden
    heavy brass
    ifretless sax
    ifretless brass
    DRC
    Voice synth
    magellan
    nlog pro
    dxi
    nave
    bs-16i
    seaboard sd
    sunrizer
    addictive pro
    tera synth
    posideon
    poisen 202
    artic keys
    im1
    mood
    model 15
    sampletank

update
    Korg iM1
    Korg iWavestation

> Korg iPolysix

Uh. Can you provide any info on this cause well, there has been no update to the app and I cannot get it working.

• edited June 2017

I just wanted to comment that the new apesoft synth Mood recieves Program Change messages - only inside the current bank (0-127), but still... great synth for what I've tested so far!! sounds really nice :)
    great post!

• Hello. I see that Nave support bank and program change.
    I have a M audio code 61, and yesterday I can program buttons to change sounds in my user bank, I save all, and today when I use whith NAVE again these buttons, change sounds in the default bank one, but NOT in my preset bank.
    I probe to change for other bank and always stay in bank one.

Why my buttons only change sounds in this bank only now?

• Yesterday I can change in my preset bank, today it's impossible

• edited July 2017

LayR: 128 banks, 128 programs.

Instruments: Bank Select (LSB)(000-127) + Program Change (000-127) on Instrument Channel(s)

Performances: Bank Select (LSB)(000-127) + Program Change (000-127) on Master Channel ( set in LayR's settings )

Note: If multiple instruments are on the same channel they will all respond to bank/program change, so in that case better to save the setup as a Performance Preset and use the Master channel to call it up.

As of v1.0.4, manually selecting a bank in the preset lists sets the current Bank so you only need to send a program change message in that case.

1.0.4 also fixes a bug in earlier versions that meant that LayR's UI could crash if you sent loads of rapid program changes.

• My problem is that the nave app accept program change but only in default bank 1 with name 0-Day attack.

I change LSB but no luck to change to other bank. I don't know why yesterday I can change and now my buttons only change in that bank

• I reinstall the app and put all like yesterday and all it's ok.
    When I put a button in my keyboard to activate o desactívate delay by midi learn in nave, all preset buttons lost.
    I don't know if it's a problem by the app, but I reinstall again without delay button and it's ok.
    I configure without MSB OR LSB, they are in 000
    I put in my keyboard DATA 1 ( select the preset in my bank user), DATA 2 in 000, DATA 3 (018, I think this select the user bank).
    At the moment all it's ok

• Contact the developer with that information.
    They seem to think that Nave has no bugs.

• This app not update near two years

• Just adding PC info for Yonak's new synth - KASPAR. Fantastic synth. PC is the same as with Magellan and Galileo.

• We can now add Zeeon to the list

• @SpookyZoo synthQ responds to bank, subbank and program changes. Bank changes select the current preset folder/group, and program changes allow you to select individual presets. Since you can have more than 128 presets in one group, subbank + program change will allow you to access presets from the subbank * 128 + the current program change value.

It might not be the most sophisticated implmentation, but it works :)

• @Shazamm - question about Zeeon and Bank and PC. I know Zeeon is Audiobus compatible. I am having issues using it with iMIDIPatchbay. I use Sunrizer (same developer) without issue. In iMIDIPatchbay when I pull the drop down of apps to send bank and PC info to, all synths except Zeeon show up. Zeeon is not on the list. This is a pity because Zeeon is increadible. Any thoughts?

• @Marcelo said:
    @Shazamm - question about Zeeon and Bank and PC. I know Zeeon is Audiobus compatible. I am having issues using it with iMIDIPatchbay. I use Sunrizer (same developer) without issue. In iMIDIPatchbay when I pull the drop down of apps to send bank and PC info to, all synths except Zeeon show up. Zeeon is not on the list. This is a pity because Zeeon is increadible. Any thoughts?

let me see i dont think i have iMIDIPatchbay

• @Shazamm - thank you for checking. Sunrizer works perfectly with iMIDIPatchbay so curious why the issue with Zeeon. I appreciate you checking. Zeeon is incredible sounding so I’m hoping I can make it work.

• does anyone know of a way to send program changes from a sequencer type app, or must this be done from a DAW or manually with a controller?

• @nw1 said:
    does anyone know of a way to send program changes from a sequencer type app, or must this be done from a DAW or manually with a controller?

I'm not sure which ones send them. Quantum does. Which sequencer(s) are you using?

• Program Change is not working from Modstep to Zeeon, yet

• @syrupcore said:

@nw1 said:
    does anyone know of a way to send program changes from a sequencer type app, or must this be done from a DAW or manually with a controller?

I'm not sure which ones send them. Quantum does. Which sequencer(s) are you using?

Currently just Fugue Machine. Might have to check out Quantum (although the UI seems a little cluttered for me at the moment)

• edited October 2017

MidiSteps by Art Kerns

It seems to work when the Preset is first loaded and then started. Doesn't appear to be able to change at any other point in the sequence.

midiSTEPs - midi step sequencer toy by Arthur Kerns
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/midisteps-midi-step-sequencer-toy/id1001532047?mt=8

• edited October 2017

@SpookyZoo said:
    MidiSteps by Art Kerns

It seems to work when the Preset is first loaded and then started. Doesn't appear to be able to change at any other point in the sequence.

midiSTEPs - midi step sequencer toy by Arthur Kerns
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/midisteps-midi-step-sequencer-toy/id1001532047?mt=8

Nice find. Do you mean if you load a preset and then change the "prg" destination, it doesn't send the Program Change message again? You have to save it and reload the preset for it to send again?

• edited October 2017

@syrupcore said:

Nice find. Do you mean if you load a preset and then change the "prg" destination, it doesn't send the Program Change message again? You have to save it and reload the preset for it to send again?

Actually, I just quickly checked this and the Program Change does appear to work in all 3 scenarios.

• On Preset load.
    • Changing Program Number while Playing
    • Changing Program Number prior to Playing then pressing Start.

So I'm not sure what quirk I was relating to. I'll amend my post for now unless I encounter again. :)

EDIT * Ah, actually I do remember. I meant that you cant set Program Change to occur on a specific step, like switch to MyFavePad sound on step 9.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

Actually, I just quickly checked this and the Program Change does appear to work in all 3 scenarios.

• On Preset load.
    • Changing Program Number while Playing
    • Changing Program Number prior to Playing then pressing Start.

So I'm not sure what quirk I was relating to. I'll amend my post for now unless I encounter again. :)

EDIT * Ah, actually I do remember. I meant that you cant set Program Change to occur on a specific step, like switch to MyFavePad sound on step 9.

Cool. Think I just read it wrong, sorry. Sounds incredibly similar to the problem Tony just posted re: Quantum and PCs. :)