Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Please talk me out of buying a Squarp Pyramid!

The title says it all....

Comments

• No !
    Do it :)

• doesn't import samples, of course you don't need it to import samples cause you can sequence other things but then again imagine if it could import samples, how often would you use it like that.... :(

• I love that it has nothing to do with samples!
    I have many great things that do the sampling thing exceptionally - and more.

• contrary to popular belief, a sample isn't activated unless imported, loaded, and triggered :D
    until then it isn't actually a thing that is doing anything you could love

• Unless you have an incredible Kontakt library on your laptop instantly ready for creative midi triggering :)

• That’s the ONE thing I don’t like about Squarp. I DO use samples so that’s a vote for Modstep . Of course I could always find an app that’s converts audio to midi. I do like all of the crazy midi patterns it can do though

• @Mayo said:
    Unless you have an incredible Kontakt library on your laptop instantly ready for creative midi triggering :)

lemme rephrase, what I meant was that you love that the squarp has nothing to do with samples, what I'm saying is that you can still love it for that reason as long as you don't sample or import any samples into it. Whilst someone like Telstar could sample or import a sample into squarp and be just as happy... if only there was the option...

I'm for options

• What the heck lies this app? No link>

@Telstar5 said:

The title says it all....

• edited October 2017

Buy an Elektron Digitakt for same price. You get 8 audio and 8 midi tracks out on it. Plus you can have per step conditionals on it and it’s hella fun to play.

I was in the same boat as you but couldn’t justify the cost for the Squarp Pyramid midi controller. For around 700.00 it better do more than sequence. :)

Fwiw I ended saving a bit more and bought an octatrakt mk2.

• edited October 2017

The Elektron stuff does not do euclidean stuff, or the crazy creative midi stuff / timing of the Squarp.
    ( being an ex Oktatrack owner - and still having Analog keys )

• edited October 2017

Sure. But he wanted people to talk him out of it <3

Just giving him suggestions as I’ve been looking at this space myself for several months and determined that Conditional Trigs and a rich sampler made more sense for me than Euclidean rhythms and a device which does nothing unless it’s hooked up to gear.

With a Digitakt you could go stand alone and DAWless and add and control gear with it and do far more with it than you could with the Pyramid in my opinion.

If the Squarp Pyramid were 399 or even 450 I’d say go for it. It’s an awesome piece of gear.

Everyone’s needs are different.

• This new Quantum app seems to do much in the direction of the Pyramid ;)

• @Mayo: It seems only Squarp has the crazy Euclidean rhythms and endless riff creation. Does Quantum has music generating capacity ? I dunno .

• edited October 2017

no Euclidean unfortunately - but lots of killer rhythmic multiple sequencer options, and cool random stuff - very promising

• Pyramid is on my near term shopping list

• have been gassing for a year or so, hoping some IOS thing would replace it. Nothing so far...
  • edited October 2017

@Mayo: Really? Multiple sequence options? I’ll have to look closer . But if that’s the case then why would a $700 box be on your “near shopping list”?

• 64 polyphonic tracks !!, Euclidean stuff, MIDI effects, chords and scales generator, real time recording, midi, usb, cv/gate, dinsync, trigger chords+events from pads, looper, rhythm generator, random stuff, probabilities, 5 encoders, a cool touchpad for performance, launch sequencers (which includes groups of tracks!) .. etc.

And I also would like to use it to interact with my iPads and DAWs ( Reaktor, Kontakt, Cthulhu, Izotope Iris etc etc)

• Well THAT answers THAT mayo... Thanks!!!

• You might not want to trigger your collective GAS and refrain from looking up "Deluge" (circuit ++ w all the midi cv conditional triggers and sample playback. No Euclid anything though).

For the insta-jamming thing check out Carbon by the Kilpatrick guys. Or back the Ndlr (noodler) on kickstarter for a whole orchestra of synth coordination!

• Yea, so don't buy (just) a Squarp. :p

• @Testar5 - I forgot to mention - the Squarp has a midi harmonizer !!! and a midi delay !
    It really is leaps ahead of the pack with creative features IMO

• Buy it.

(Then find something better and sell it to me at a discount. )

• Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man

• You bastard.

I had to look it up to see what it was.

Bastard.

I want one.

• Seriously, the Raspberry Pi world must be full of this sort of thing.

• edited October 2017

If the screen was bigger / better - i would sell my left testicle for one tomorrow......to anyone who needed one.
    $700 for a testicle sounds about right?
    (not sure of a testicle retail price ;) )

• Quantum Midisequenzer ist a lot of fun also. Nice midi fx like on the Pyramid.

I thought i would never part with my Pyramid, but i feel i could now. Anyone wants to buy it of me i´m located in Germany, mine has the serial Number #11. First batch has the accelerometer.
    Make me an offer i can´t refuse.

• edited October 2017

Quantum is a killer app - without doubt.
    But already i'm finding everything a is stiff and grooveless, and not so instantly musical compared to the way the Squarp seems to work.
    The Euclidean part of Squarp is instant groove and voodoo!
    AND - each track can have its own Euclidean pattern!

Check this vid - to do this on Quantam would take me all day, (with a notepad and a calculator) - and still not sure I would get the same groove.
    IE: Squarp is instant fun.

• I basically think Quantum is the greatest MIDI step sequencer ever made but the Pyramid can do many things (and allow you to work in ways) that Quantum can not. It wasn't designed to be that sort of sequencer (same can be said of the squarp).

• @Mayo said:
    Quantum is a killer app - without doubt.
    But already i'm finding everything a is stiff and grooveless, and not so instantly musical compared to the way the Squarp seems to work.
    The Euclidean part of Squarp is instant groove and voodoo!
    AND - each track can have its own Euclidean pattern!

Check this vid - to do this on Quantam would take me all day, (with a notepad and a calculator) - and still not sure I would get the same groove.
    IE: Squarp is instant fun.

not exactly fair to compare a 590 euro euclidean groove machine with a £8 iOS step sequencer app!

I have my eye on the squarp pyramid though - I want to expand Quantum's generative capabilities (Euclidean, MATHS etc) but at the moment just have POLY, Time Warp navigator & interesting logic playing (like F3B2, Brownian and Eitherway from the Cirklon/Intellij metropolis).