Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Setting BPM

Is there a way to (easily) set the BPM for all applications in the audiobus chain. If not, how do I set the bpm for soundprism pro? Thanks, PJ

Comments

• There (currently) is no way to set the BPM for all apps in the chain but we know that you guys (and us) want it.

SoundPrism Pro does not have a way to set the BPM, since it's sound engine is sample based.

• Thanks Sebastian. Do you think thats something that will be addressed in one of the earlier updates? Also, do you plan to support Djay. Thanks, PJ

• This MIDI Sync stuff is hard. But we're working on it. A solution won't be here in the next month or two, maybe longer. We'll basically have to make another standard.

About DJay... hmm... seems useful to add it, I've seen it requested a few times. Do yo know if their developers are up for it?

• Hi Sebastian, I've asked on their forums and they said currently there is no plan but if enough people think its a good idea (through a voting system) they will implement it.

• edited December 2012

Hm, I thought they actually were working on it. In my opinion not adding MIDI sync to DM1 makes no sense. At the same time though I see the current problems with MIDI sync on iOS so not implementing it now is maybe a good decision before a better way to implement it comes around cough cough.

• That's the kind of cough a fella doesn't mind standing next to.

• I'd love to see some kind of BPM sync too. What I'd specifically like to be able to do is sync up the start point of loops across different apps — i.e. if I've got a 4 bar drum loop running in one app, recording a loop in another app should start on the frist beat of those 4 bars (or a subdivision thereof).

I'm coming at this as someone who's using Audiobus quite extensively in live performance, and anything which can help to make things tight is a huge help.

Appreciate this kind of thing could be difficult though!

• this is strange - with Loopy as recording app, I already have what you guys are asking for.

• @Phil999: Only if the other apps you're using support MIDI clock sync. Otherwise you're manually altering BPMs everywhere and having to start playing a drum beat (for example) at exactly the right moment.