Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

akai eie pro 24 bit

hi Forum .
im using the akai eie pro and am quietly losing my mind trying to figure out why im getting so much noise coming through my Yamaha HS5's.im running a intel quad core i7 ,gigabyte ga p55a ud3 motherboard .16gb ram and as soon as i turn on the akai pro, then the speakers im getting some horrible hiss and interference that i honestly cant sit through and create . ive recently gone for a new build with a fanless silverstone nightjar 520 power supply, gigabyte geforce gt 710 fanless gpu, two noctua reduk 700 running at 6db. so quiet you cant hear them .from my power outlet i got a thor technology surge and filtration board but this noise is really messing me up.ive got the latest drivers from akai 2.9.64. i fell in love with the Akai when i first saw it but seriously had nothing but problems ..now i see on some of the posts that its not class compliant ..i mean wtf...is there any tech heads out there that could give me a solution as to what to do before it becomes a doorstop .im running reason 9.5 as my Daw ..i still see them advertised new and with glowing comments from the distributers .thinking now the only solution is a new interface and would not recommend this product to anyone looking to be serious about home recording ..

Comments

• funny thing is as a stand alone just plugging in my guitar and turning on only the akai and speakers it seems to be alot more stable. go figure ..i cant ..its not how i need to use it .

• Bummer I don't have the unit your referring to but a google search shows a lot of people having similar issues.
    This person seemed to resolved the issue in this thread here.

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional/topics/akai_eie_pro_producing_harsh_static_noise

Good luck

• The redface is class compliant, but for some reason the Pro is not.

• @Martygras said:
    The redface is class compliant, but for some reason the Pro is not.

Because it is 96khz only

@tomasid said:
    funny thing is as a stand alone just plugging in my guitar and turning on only the akai and speakers it seems to be alot more stable. go figure ..i cant ..its not how i need to use it .

You have a ground loop in the computer power supply chain, it is not a interface issue as you can hear while it is not plugged to the computer.

• @mschenkel.it said:

@Martygras said:

Because it is 96khz only

@tomasid said:
    funny thing is as a stand alone just plugging in my guitar and turning on only the akai and speakers it seems to be alot more stable. go figure ..i cant ..its not how i need to use it .

You have a ground loop in the computer power supply chain, it is not a interface issue as you can hear while it is not plugged to the computer.

thanks M . ive located the issue and it seems to be my usb slots on my motherboard ....cheers for the input .

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Bummer I don't have the unit your referring to but a google search shows a lot of people having similar issues.
    This person seemed to resolved the issue in this thread here.

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional/topics/akai_eie_pro_producing_harsh_static_noise

Good luck

thanks

• @Samplemunch said:
    http://www.orchid-electronics.co.uk/dual_isolator.htm
    Something like that is what you want.

ill look into it cheers.

• @Samplemunch said:

ill look into it cheers.> @tomasid said:

hi Forum .
    im using the akai eie pro and am quietly losing my mind trying to figure out why im getting so much noise coming through my Yamaha HS5's.im running a intel quad core i7 ,gigabyte ga p55a ud3 motherboard .16gb ram and as soon as i turn on the akai pro, then the speakers im getting some horrible hiss and interference that i honestly cant sit through and create . ive recently gone for a new build with a fanless silverstone nightjar 520 power supply, gigabyte geforce gt 710 fanless gpu, two noctua reduk 700 running at 6db. so quiet you cant hear them .from my power outlet i got a thor technology surge and filtration board but this noise is really messing me up.ive got the latest drivers from akai 2.9.64. i fell in love with the Akai when i first saw it but seriously had nothing but problems ..now i see on some of the posts that its not class compliant ..i mean wtf...is there any tech heads out there that could give me a solution as to what to do before it becomes a doorstop .im running reason 9.5 as my Daw ..i still see them advertised new and with glowing comments from the distributers .thinking now the only solution is a new interface and would not recommend this product to anyone looking to be serious about home recording ..

I would like to place a retraction to this forum ......i had previously been quite harsh on the EIE PRO ...
    After a large expense and rebuild of my system and many hours of frustration i have reached the moment of satisfaction with the akai pro delivering exactly what its suppose to do ...as was suggested to me by a forum user
    my problem certainly was a ground loop ..if any body else is experiencing this static noise intermittent hum from the akai this could be your solution .
    firstly go into bios and diable EIST and C1E .change SPEED STEPPING in power management in control panel..this was good to know as studio performance doesnt need these to be enabled...brought the hum down slightly but was still noticeable ..but my CPU was ground looping still.i had purchased a THOR TECHNOLOGIES.power filtration board and surge protector which at 300 dollars was an expensive outlay thinking it would reduce the frequencies but for some reason even with isolated banks in the board i was still getting cross talk .i unplugged my computer from this chain and used another power point and i sat back with a certain disbelief that i had just rectified this ongoing anger i had with Akai.I realizied I was not computer savvy enough and now better off from the amount of good information out there in forum world ..thanks to everyone that replied to my rant but now the apologies go out to EIE PRO .something that i loved in its build and retro feel it has started to bring back my joy for working in my studio...for everyone out there ..dont give up hope ..there is a solution...just find it on these spaces ,,ive learnt alot out of the frustration..and now the AKAI EIE PRO gets its five star rating from me..

• @tomasid said:

@mschenkel.it said:

@Martygras said:

Because it is 96khz only

@tomasid said:

thanks M . ive located the issue and it seems to be my usb slots on my motherboard ....cheers for the input .

Marty .you were so right about the loop ...was the last thing i sorted out by using a different outlet so simple yet spent hours messing me up .still the outlay for the new build has been well worth it ..thanks for the input .keep the solutions coming for other people in the same needs .cheers Tomasid

• @tomasid said:

@Samplemunch said:

ill look into it cheers.> @tomasid said:

hi Forum .

I would like to place a retraction to this forum ......i had previously been quite harsh on the EIE PRO ...
    After a large expense and rebuild of my system and many hours of frustration i have reached the moment of satisfaction with the akai pro delivering exactly what its suppose to do ...as was suggested to me by a forum user
    my problem certainly was a ground loop ..if any body else is experiencing this static noise intermittent hum from the akai this could be your solution .
    firstly go into bios and diable EIST and C1E .change SPEED STEPPING in power management in control panel..this was good to know as studio performance doesnt need these to be enabled...brought the hum down slightly but was still noticeable ..but my CPU was ground looping still.i had purchased a THOR TECHNOLOGIES.power filtration board and surge protector which at 300 dollars was an expensive outlay thinking it would reduce the frequencies but for some reason even with isolated banks in the board i was still getting cross talk .i unplugged my computer from this chain and used another power point and i sat back with a certain disbelief that i had just rectified this ongoing anger i had with Akai.I realizied I was not computer savvy enough and now better off from the amount of good information out there in forum world ..thanks to everyone that replied to my rant but now the apologies go out to EIE PRO .something that i loved in its build and retro feel it has started to bring back my joy for working in my studio...for everyone out there ..dont give up hope ..there is a solution...just find it on these spaces ,,ive learnt alot out of the frustration..and now the AKAI EIE PRO gets its five star rating from me..

Ah, thanks for posting this. I bet this will be helpful at some point.