Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

will midiflow help me save my midi mappings on the arturia iMini synth app?

So, i'm a total noob - i've been recording the audio output of my imini into my DAW using audiobus. However, every time i turn off the synth app, i lose my midi control settings (i.e. i have 8 knobs and some pads that i manually assign to do certain things). if i link from the midi controller to the synth app using midiflow, will this save my midi control mappings? is there another way to save these settings?

Comments

• Midiflow won’t help since it is a iMini problem but I have to say that I just tested and every control mapped was still working as before :neutral:

• thanks mshenkel.

do you map your controls in the imini app using the midi-learn feature (this is what i do)? or do you change settings on your controller (prob a dumb noob question)?

if i don't close the imini app, my settings usually stick, but if i close the app (like, fully close it), i definitely lose the mapping

• @thecoloursound said:
    thanks mshenkel.

do you map your controls in the imini app using the midi-learn feature (this is what i do)? or do you change settings on your controller (prob a dumb noob question)?

if i don't close the imini app, my settings usually stick, but if i close the app (like, fully close it), i definitely lose the mapping

I’ve gone the midi learn way, shut iMini and also closed any connection to the controller to see if iMini would forget missing connections but everything was fine

• i wonder if it is because i'm linking my midi keyboard to my ipad using an irig pro duo (i.e. not directly via a camera connection unit). i don't know ...

either way, thank you so much for your responses, mschenkel

anyone else have this problem?

• i just connected with Arturia and they claim it is because i am connecting to the unit via an irig pro duo ... oh well. they suggested that i connect using the camera connection jack.