Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Out for Troublemaker, Ripplemaker, Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM

Ok, this one turned out to be a little trickier than expected, but all four are almost ready to go...

All my standalone sequencers are now getting CoreMIDI Output:

• Note out (with selectable output channel, obviously)
  • MIDI Master Clock, with Start/Stop commands*
  • Link to Midi Clock Output bridging
  • MIDI Thru (soft thru: merge all MIDI IN with MIDI OUT)
  • All new features also included in Audiobus 3 MIDI implementation

When the apps are set to send MIDI Clock and to listen to MIDI Start/Stop they will automatically respond to each other's Start/Stop commands. Even with Link enabled!

• accuracy of MIDI clock output is determined by the limitations of the protocol and the implementation of CoreMidi timestamping. On my end the clock messages are sample-accurate, but iOS' internal CoreMIDI buffering may introduce slight timing jitter, so it's no substitute for a solid hardware MIDI clock. Still, should be plenty good enough for some fun jam sessions and light recording duty.

Comments

• Amazing! Thank you :)

• This is awesome! Thank you!

Something that I feel would go really well with this is all the dials sending their respective MIDI CCs based on what they would be listening for to operate that control.

That way could easily control all parameters of multiple AU instances from the standalone GUI, by varying the channel that MIDI data is sent on.

• @OscarSouth said:
    This is awesome! Thank you!

Something that I feel would go really well with this is all the dials sending their respective MIDI CCs based on what they would be listening for to operate that control.

That way could easily control all parameters of multiple AU instances from the standalone GUI, by varying the channel that MIDI data is sent on.

I can see that. But that's unfortunately a little bit more difficult than you'd expect because the knobs are actually in the Audio Unit and the MIDI Output functionality is in the standalone AU host. So I'd have to implement an automation system first (like in BM3, which is quite a bit of work). I'll keep it in mind though! :)

• @brambos said:

@OscarSouth said:
    This is awesome! Thank you!

I can see that. But that's unfortunately a little bit more difficult than you'd expect because the knobs are actually in the Audio Unit and the MIDI Output functionality is in the standalone AU host. So I'd have to implement an automation system first (like in BM3, which is quite a bit of work). I'll keep it in mind though! :)

Ah ok, understood! They’re already fantastic already and I mainly control with hardware, so no issues from me.

• One day, all developers will be like Brambos....in our dreams.

All Brambos apps sailed flawlessly into IOS 11, updated in a timely fashion, and are now about to get a very useful addition. Unlike the much more expensive Auria Pro which is suffering unrecoverable crashes.

Is it the Mandella Effect, or are some developers just a lot more on the ball than others. ;)

• @Zen210507 said:
    Is it the Mandella Effect, or are some developers just a lot more on the ball than others. ;)

I'm fine with that, unless it involves a long prison sentence ;)

• Great news. Just bought Ruismaker recently, I’m assuming this will soon play well with the six channels of my Nord Drum 2? Might have to have a look at that sequencer... :)

• @HandOfEmpty said:
    Great news. Just bought Ruismaker recently, I’m assuming this will soon play well with the six channels of my Nord Drum 2? Might have to have a look at that sequencer... :)

I guess it will, but I don't have experience with that particular device :)

• edited September 2017

WOW...Looks like MIDI Done right..even got MIDI Thru :) I could have done with these features last night with something I was doing ;)
    Keep it up Mr @brambos You have been leading the way in so many areas, it really is appreciated...

• Good work, yes the inclusion of Thru shows someone who is really on the ball.

I’ll pick up an app in appreciation ... oh nuts I have them all ... where’s the next one? B)

• Best IOS developer on the platform, alongside Audio Damage and BM3

• Great news! Huge fan of your apps :)
    Any chance they are getting IAA transport bar in the future?

• Thanks! The sequencers, and MIDI def make these work in my Setup!

• Wow. Championing the link frontier. Internal link to midi conversion? That’s next level.

On another note, have been creating more loops to
    Export with these apps and they really do sound “legit”. Please consider iap sends and returns (through aum) on individual sounds. Although i guess i could set up the standalone as master and then cram as many au instances as i want into aum and send each one a channel. As a revenue source i’m sure 80% of your clients would pay for iap extra functionality as we have gotten way more than we signed up or paid for.

Now i’ll be able to use phasemaker more with one of
    The other sequencers. Thanks bram!

• DCJDCJ
    edited September 2017

:o :o :o

Is there any other synth/drum app with internal link to midi conversion?

I'm swooning

• Wait? So ripplemaker’s ecluedian sequencer will spit out midi notes to other app?

• Awesome. It's the one thing that was keeping me from using it. Looking forward to it.

• Can't wait for this!

• @DCJ said:
    :o :o :o

Is there any other synth/drum app with internal link to midi conversion?

I'm swooning

Not strictly synth/drum app..but Launchpad does with the MIDI Clock Sync output IAP

• Bram went berserker and just rendered a couple of competitor dev’s apps obsolete.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Not strictly synth/drum app..but Launchpad does with the MIDI Clock Sync output IAP

Does it allow you to do it with link active at the same time?

• @DCJ said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes

• @AndyPlankton said:

Yes

Nice. But we can still give bram the synth/drum sequencer link to midi award, right?

• @DCJ said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes

Nice. But we can still give bram the synth/drum sequencer link to midi award, right?

Hell Yeah :)

• Looking forward to this, love Brambos apps.

• edited September 2017

OK - I'm in now - great additions.

(without MIDI out - I was not onboard with any of these apps)
    The Link / MIDI clock is especially awesome!

• ABSOLUTELY.

• These sequencers are really fun. Would definitely plunk down cash for a stand alone BramBos MIDI sequencer app with multiple sequencer tracks.

• @syrupcore said:
    These sequencers are really fun. Would definitely plunk down cash for a stand alone BramBos MIDI sequencer app with multiple sequencer tracks.

+1000000000 agree <3 B)