Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

werkbench vs yellowfier vs samplebot vs ......

Just looking for a sampler for fun~ :)
These sampler app both are awesome,but don't know how different~
plz give me some feedback , thx alot~~:)

Comments

• Get them all!

• SampleBot: a sampler with a linear timeline for arranging music. Take any sample and EASILY put it in the app where (on the pads) you want it with copy paste simplicity.

Yellowfier: a linear timeline with LOTS of sound mangling and effects. The timeline is a little unconventional in that the sounds (instruments) are often mixed in each track, at least when you hit the random button. Getting sounds in is a little more "painful" that samplebot but by no means hard.

Werkbench: 2 grids of 4x4 pads which run in parallel into which you sample or import your sounds. Reverse samples alter them, adjust, and add fx PER STEP. Add the same samples simultaneously to several pads for super quick beat generation. A little like Yellowfier but with less sheer randomness and more control. CHAIN grids together to create longer compositions. I think the grids can be set to be shorter than 16 beats for polyrhythmic effects.

If you want sample fun try TriqTraq, Blip, or ReSlice -- or Thumbjam to play samples easily like an instrument with your "thumb"

• edited September 2017

@jn2002dk said:
    Get them all!

And don't forget: Realbeat and Triggler :)

• Yellowfier and werkbench are awesome. The other is very simple and may. E better for kids

• edited September 2017

@audiblevideo said:
    SampleBot: a sampler with a linear timeline for arranging music. Take any sample and EASILY put it in the app where (on the pads) you want it with copy paste simplicity.

Yellowfier: a linear timeline with LOTS of sound mangling and effects. The timeline is a little unconventional in that the sounds (instruments) are often mixed in each track, at least when you hit the random button. Getting sounds in is a little more "painful" that samplebot but by no means hard.

Werkbench: 2 grids of 4x4 pads which run in parallel into which you sample or import your sounds. Reverse samples alter them, adjust, and add fx PER STEP. Add the same samples simultaneously to several pads for super quick beat generation. A little like Yellowfier but with less sheer randomness and more control. CHAIN grids together to create longer compositions. I think the grids can be set to be shorter than 16 beats for polyrhythmic effects.

If you want sample fun try TriqTraq, Blip, or ReSlice -- or Thumbjam to play samples easily like an instrument with your "thumb"

Blip is I think the most forgotten and on the otherhand so easy too get in to, wish the dev added Ableton Link that would make it a super duper luper app :)
    And of course Triqtraq should be in everyones collection!

• There is also Triqtraq.

• What's the difference between Yellofier and Yellofier Electrified? And do they still run reliably? Been a while since an update.

• @CracklePot said:
    What's the difference between Yellofier and Yellofier Electrified? And do they still run reliably? Been a while since an update.

Electrified has a few more preloaded songs than Yellofier. That is the only difference I have ever been able to find. Yes, they both still run reliably. Both are still lots of fun.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@CracklePot said:
    What's the difference between Yellofier and Yellofier Electrified? And do they still run reliably? Been a while since an update.

Electrified has a few more preloaded songs than Yellofier. That is the only difference I have ever been able to find. Yes, they both still run reliably. Both are still lots of fun.

Thanks for your insight. I think I will get Electrified. I have been playing with the original on my Android phone for a while. It is one of the few cool music apps on the other platform.

• edited April 2019

Samplebot is very immediate. Sample something and play it back on a timeline. Beautifully without frills (though tons of thoughtful intention behind staying or seeming out of your way). It's also the only one of the three you mentioned that offers a fully linear 'song mode'.

The other two offer way more in terms of per-step sample mangling. And, depending on how you use it, source sample editing.

I think the thing to grok about Werkbench (and that from which its magic pours) is that it's a step sequencer that allows you to sample directly into one or more of its steps. You could treat it as a duophonic sequencer+sampler or as two independent monophonic sequencers. Or, with its ability to overdub, a polyphonic(ish) step sequencer+sampler.

They are all really fun for playing with 'immediate' samples (immediate meaning what you've just sampled, not so much for loading old samples into). Get em all. In addition to the others mentioned here, I'd add Samplr to the list. Sample bliss. And, if you're not upgrading to iOS 11, I Am Sampler is the best iOS version of the immediacy of the SK-1. A close second for the 'sample and play it across the keyboard' immediate fun factor is Sir Sampleton.

• edited December 2017

Thx guys~I’ll get them all and also the new options what I miss :)

• @jcdream Fun stuff, disturbing track name.

• What if u can’t afford them all? Also I’m sorry but I must be the only person who doesn’t like Triq traq And I feel samplebot is too limited! I was so excited about using triqtraq and was so disappointed. However I’ve only used the free version. I want to make melodies and songs not just rhythms you see! I understand that I might have to use other apps and Audiobus to do this. I’ve always fancied getting samplr and sir sampleton and now that koala is out it’s added a further option!!?? Based on what I’ve said which 2 do peeps think I should get?

• @syrupcore said:
    @jcdream Fun stuff, disturbing track name.

What is?

• Did anybody mention Koala?

• edited April 2019

@Tronlady said:

@syrupcore said:
    @jcdream Fun stuff, disturbing track name.

What is?

¡Holy ancient thread! Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what I was referring to. :)

• @Tronlady said:
    What if u can’t afford them all? Also I’m sorry but I must be the only person who doesn’t like Triq traq And I feel samplebot is too limited! I was so excited about using triqtraq and was so disappointed. However I’ve only used the free version. I want to make melodies and songs not just rhythms you see! I understand that I might have to use other apps and Audiobus to do this. I’ve always fancied getting samplr and sir sampleton and now that koala is out it’s added a further option!!?? Based on what I’ve said which 2 do peeps think I should get?

Hey there :wink:

Triq Traq full is fun. Haven't played with the free version...

Check this video regarding melody within it:

Samplr would be my best advice regarding all the possibilities of playing a sample melodically. There are so many ways to play a sample with it.
    But it's development is frozen as of now.

• @jcdream said:
    Just looking for a sampler for fun~ :)
    These sampler app both are awesome,but don't know how different~
    plz give me some feedback , thx alot~~:)

Really all useful for what you can do with each.

Egoist / Resice also great.

Koala is actually in this mix IMHO actually.

Falling in love with that app.

• One thing I love about Werkbench that I don't think any of the others have is the per cell amp envelopes.

• Yellowfier, so much fun, throw in your own samples and let the Chaos begin!

• McDMcD
    edited April 2019

PSA

Anyone that uses this forum on a daily basis should purchase SampleBot to route a couple
    shekels towards @Michael. He had a steady stream of income from create iTunes lists of
    Apps that support AudioBus. That revenue died when Apple killed the iTune's 7% tip for
    recommenders. @thesoundtestroom also had a nice stream coming from that internet business model and has a Patreon site and many YouTube videos to make the effort he expends produce some income.

@Michael only has App sales and we all have AudioBus and many have Loopy HD. But "AudioBus Remote" and "SampleBot" could be purchased as a "tip" to support the Forum and continued improvements in AudioBus that deliver on the money we spent years ago.

Think about it... is there a Forum that provides this service to help you spend wisely and gain the value you get from the Apps you purchase?

SampleBot $4
    AudioBus Remote $5
    Loopy (iPhone) $3
    Loopy HD $4
    and there's AudioBus Merchandize https://shop.spreadshirt.com/audiobus/

• edited April 2019

Thank you, @McD! (FYI I don't actually get much at all from the merch though)

• Yellofier is quite a lot of fun, and to me, better than the other options...but it is really dependent on user situations

• @Michael said:
    Thank you, @McD! (FYI I don't actually get much at all from the merchandise though)

Good to know... It's SampleBot for me then to complete the set. Thank you for making IOS Music
    Making come together around a de facto standards and for the impact that had on
    Apple to drive additional standards that rival the desktop musical economy in many ways.

Bolting together "virtual DAW's" from dozens of suppliers is amazing considering in software
    usually attempts to lock the buyer into a closed system (Hi, Korg.)

If we could just get an "Audio Loopback" past the iTunes Warden we'd have even more control
    of the sounds coming out of our iPads/iPhones. The physical Loopback with an audio interface
    isn't that bad.

• @McD Thanks so much for mentioning this, any new Patreon Support is great appreciated and incredibly important to the survival of The Sound Test Room, for as little as $1.00 a month you get access to all sorts of stuff and you are supporting me and Jo.
    I know many of you here are already Patrons but if your not, maybe you could consider trying it for a month or two, there is no obligation to stay.
    I don’t have any type of Tier system, so you have access to everything whatever you pledge.
    Lots of developers are there too, it’s worth a look😊

• edited April 2019

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @McD Thanks so much for mentioning this, any new Patreon Support is great appreciated and incredibly important to the survival of The Sound Test Room, for as little as $1.00 a month you get access to all sorts of stuff and you are supporting me and Jo.
    I know many of you here are already Patrons but if your not, maybe you could consider trying it for a month or two, there is no obligation to stay.
    I don’t have any type of Tier system, so you have access to everything whatever you pledge.
    Lots of developers are there too, it’s worth a look😊

It IS worth a look. 1000 years ago I used to walk up to Twickenham station on Thursday mornings to buy the NME and I think of The Sound Test Room as a much older equivalent in some weird and twisted way (but a lot more valuable actually :))...Doug's our own ancient polar bear and we've got to keep him in ice while we still have the chance :)...

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @McD Thanks so much for mentioning this, any new Patreon Support

Being self-employed is a tough way to survive... and being supported by people volunteering
    to reward you is even harder. I bailed on trying to survive with music in the 80's and I have respect for
    those that stick to it and get creative making videos, teaching students and selling music products.

When I research an App buy I wait to see @thesoundtestroom's take on it. Sometimes, I pass and that's
    money saved for the next purchase.