Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS11 screen video recording bug

Does anyone know how to record videos from the iPad (iOS11) screen with the sound of all synchronized apps?
I've tried it with Loopy HD + DrumPerfectPro and despite listening to everyone, only the audio of the app in the foreground is recorded. When using with Audiobus, it is completely mute.
Any ideas how to solve this?
Thanks

Comments

• Use Audiobus or AUM to route the audio and record it. Then sync to the video later.

You can’t do it all in an iOS screen recording. The recording is mono and like you discovered only foreground app’s audio is recorded.

• @Hmtx said:
    Use Audiobus or AUM to route the audio and record it. Then sync to the video later.

You can’t do it all in an iOS screen recording. The recording is mono and like you discovered only foreground app’s audio is recorded.

Hi @Htmx,
    Apple always leaves something to the next version. I tried with Audioshare and other apps, as I do not have AUM or Cubasis at the moment. But thank you for your information.

• @ronaldobc said:
    Does anyone know how to record videos from the iPad (iOS11) screen with the sound of all synchronized apps?
    I've tried it with Loopy HD + DrumPerfectPro and despite listening to everyone, only the audio of the app in the foreground is recorded. When using with Audiobus, it is completely mute.
    Thanks

iOS 11.01 is out, just upgraded. Maybe it will fix bug.

• edited September 2017

@Kühl said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Thanks

I just updated, but it's still the same.

• @ronaldobc said:

@Kühl said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Thanks

Try starting the apps you want to screen record before you start recording the screen, I found that with many apps, including BM3, if you start recording your screen before you open the music app, sound doesnt get recorded into the video, and in the case of BM3, even when I loaded audio units onto pads, they produced no sound in the video, but they didnt when I loaded them in before I started screen recording. Open All the apps you want to screen record first.
    Some actually didnt need to be opened before starting screen record, like the newer Korg synths.

• @Strizbiz said:

@ronaldobc said:

@Kühl said:

@ronaldobc said:
    Thanks

Try starting the apps you want to screen record before you start recording the screen, I found that with many apps, including BM3, if you start recording your screen before you open the music app, sound doesnt get recorded into the video, and in the case of BM3, even when I loaded audio units onto pads, they produced no sound in the video, but they didnt when I loaded them in before I started screen recording. Open All the apps you want to screen record first.
    Some actually didnt need to be opened before starting screen record, like the newer Korg synths.

Yes, I tried it in several ways. I think Apple intentionally did with the well-known security neurosis. I'm thinking that the best way is to use an extra iPhone to shoot the outside environment and capture the full and stereo audio through the USB Lightning connected to a hub. So we will have two windows to edit the video, just synchronize them.

• edited September 2017

@ronaldobc said:

I'm thinking that the best way is to use an extra iPhone to shoot the outside environment and capture the full and stereo audio through the USB Lightning connected to a hub.

That should work, but I can’t help thinking, oh great, so the all new all dancing IOS 11 doesn’t do the job in this respect, and we need another expensive bit of hardware to cobble together our own solution.

What gets my goat with stuff like this is Apple sets the release date, and as a 1.4 trillion dollar corporation must have the means to test products. Plus, the fanboy army who will beta test for free! Yet the end result is something that won’t do more than very basic recording. Why not wait until features work as they must know users expect? Presumably, because they don’t give a shit,

• @Zen210507 said:

@ronaldobc said:

I'm thinking that the best way is to use an extra iPhone to shoot the outside environment and capture the full and stereo audio through the USB Lightning connected to a hub.

That should work, but I can’t help thinking, oh great, so the all new all dancing IOS 11 doesn’t do the job in this respect, and we need another expensive bit of hardware to cobble together our own solution.

What gets my goat with stuff like this is Apple sets the release date, and as a 1.4 trillion dollar corporation must have the means to test products. Plus, the fanboy army who will beta test for free! Yet the end result is something that won’t do more than very basic recording. Why not wait until features work as they must know users expect? Presumably, because they don’t give a shit,

I think just like you.

• @ronaldobc said:

@Zen210507 said:

@ronaldobc said:

I think just like you.

My guess would be that Apple is well-aware, and that the overwhelming % of users will be recording Angry Birds, so they cater to the $ and probably prevent more issues by not getting into the mess of multi-app audio recording. I remember some old story about an Apple screwing stuff up... history repeats itself :)

• @ronaldobc said:
    I think just like you.

>

The lack of features is irritating, but I suspect Aud_IOS is correct in guessing why.

Once again, the opportunity for true innovation is being deliberately missed, in favour of the lowest common denominator.

• they will claim that some app in the background can record your calls anonymously. On Android this is fact, but is there no way to control it?

• @ronaldobc said:
    they will claim that some app in the background can record your calls anonymously. On Android this is fact, but is there no way to control it?

>

Probably. Any app in the App Store must, of course, be passed by Apple. So spyware teststing must already be excellent. No reason this could not be made even better.

• @tayloranthony said:
    If the screen recording in your iPhone is not working, then you will get a solution to see these articles: https://www.howtoisolve.com/ios-11-screen-recording-not-working-iphone/

Thanks, but everything here was setup correctly. Wait for this feature to be released in the next updates. Or someone else will create an app that will fix this for good. (without jailbreak).

• I fixed iOS 11 screen recorder bug by hard rebooting my iPhone and updating it to newer iOS 11 version.

• @arpanshah said:
    I fixed iOS 11 screen recorder bug by hard rebooting my iPhone and updating it to newer iOS 11 version.

I just updated and continue with the same problem.

• Yeah still continues.

• I don’t think this is a bug, guys. The screen record feature is meant to focus on video. If it was possible to capture full iOS system stereo audio then it would probably be too easy to violate copyright laws for many video and movie apps.

You just have to record your audio session separately inside Audiobus or AUM, then merge that with the screen recording video.

I really don’t think we can expect Apple to change this.

• You can try IK Multimedia iRig Recorder. It is a little buggy but I spoke with IK and they are planning on fixing it. This app ALLOWS you to pipe in audio via Audiobus and record video at the same time. It has worked for me, but sometime when i am doing guitar backing track jam videos there is some latency

• @jfu222 said:
    You can try IK Multimedia iRig Recorder. It is a little buggy but I spoke with IK and they are planning on fixing it. This app ALLOWS you to pipe in audio via Audiobus and record video at the same time. It has worked for me, but sometime when i am doing guitar backing track jam videos there is some latency

I guess the free version doesn’t capture video from the screen? Still hoping to find a simple solution to screen capture with stereo audio. One reason I’d like to do this is for very quick sharing (in this message board!) of custom sounds made in iOS synths. It would be great if we could do that.

• Bump. So still nothing that can do this with stereo audio? Seems crazy.