Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Solved - volume issues on ipad

Thought I'd try and help out. I have a KMIX interface and every once in a while audio from ipad would seem very quiet or none at all. The problem is that Ipad has a few different volumes depending on what's plugged in. If you are experiencing volume issues you have to check them all. Otherwise you may be scratching your head as to why the loudness seems to change. I have found that these volumes can change without actually pressing the volume buttons. Unsure why/how.

Volumes I have discovered so far:
Volume with cck plugged in
Volume with cck unplugged
Volume with headphones plugged in
Audiobus input volume - this one ONLY shows up in audiobus and affects input volume even if audiobus is not active.
They all have an independent level setting of their own.

I think ios is being a bit mouthy with all these volumes

Have you encountered this issue?
  1. Yes0 votes
    1. No
        0.00%
    2. Only God knows
        0.00%

Comments

• I see this more as a feature rather than a issue. For example I'm in a public place so I don't want my device to play any sound but I want it to play sounds on headphones whenever I plug them

• Rule of thumb...if its not loud enough, try turning the volume up ;)

• They are not all obvious though. It took me a while to find out the ab3 input volume was causing everything to be quiet even when ab3 was not loaded. Thought I would pass this on as I'm sure others will be in the same boat.

• @adfa said:
    They are not all obvious though. It took me a while to find out the ab3 input volume was causing everything to be quiet even when ab3 was not loaded. Thought I would pass this on as I'm sure others will be in the same boat.

Yes indeed, once you know it is easy....and also easily forgotten in the heat of a 'Why is there no sound ?' moment :D

• An update heee, as I just tried a K-Mix with the iPad. Most usb audio interfaces I have used disable the iPad’s own volume controls. With the k-mix, the volume knob still works. I wondered why the iPad’s output was so low. This is why.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the K-Mix’s USB pre/post settings?