Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cue monitoring in AUM?

Is it possible?
It seem that I cannot find the answer reading the user guide.

Comments

• Can you clarify what you mean somewhat?

If you mean, can you have two separate mix outputs, the answer is yes, but before going into detail I'd need to understand the question better.

• If you mean a pre-fade listening, then yes: use a bus send pre fader, it will send even if the channel is muted. receive on this bus on another channel, routed to your monitoring outputs.

• @wim said:
    Can you clarify what you mean somewhat?

If you mean, can you have two separate mix outputs, the answer is yes, but before going into detail I'd need to understand the question better.

@wim @j_liljedahl

Yes,
    I’d like to have 2 separate mix outputs, one for the speakers and one for monitoring.

In my setup I use an OP-1 that goes into AUM via a Roland Duo Capture Ex.

I’d want a solution that allows me to cue up ambient / textural types of things on various iPad apps, as connective segue between one OP-1 song and the next. In other words, just before I want to end an OP1 track, I cue up something on the iPad (that I can monitor on headphones), then fade in the iPad noise, then fade back into a new OP-1 track that I started.
    A sort of DJ type of workflow.

• Yep. No problems doing that in AUM. As explained above! :) Just listen with a pre-fade bus send (keep the fader down), and when happy fade it up.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Yep. No problems doing that in AUM. As explained above! :) Just listen with a pre-fade bus send (keep the fader down), and when happy fade it up.

Great!

... Only problem is that my audio interface got only two outputs :no_mouth:

• @rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Yep. No problems doing that in AUM. As explained above! :) Just listen with a pre-fade bus send (keep the fader down), and when happy fade it up.

Great!

Ok.. if it's two stereo outputs then you're fine. If it's one stereo output, then you can use it as two mono outputs.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Great!

Ok.. if it's two stereo outputs then you're fine. If it's one stereo output, then you can use it as two mono outputs.

Two monos, so in order to do it I have to sacrifice my stereo sound.
    Uhm... I need an audio interface with more outputs...

• @rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Great!

Yeah, I think you do :)

• @j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Great!

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mr.
    Your apps are great!

• @rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Great!

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mr.
    Your apps are great!

Personally I like my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, but I guess the others here can suggest a bunch of alternative audio interfaces!

• @rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@rumorazzi said:

@j_liljedahl said:

Great!

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mr.
    Your apps are great!

I had the same audio interface as you. When I started adding more external gear, I upgraded to a Behringer UMC 1820 and couldn't be happier. It works beautifully with AUM.