Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundboard app with Audioshare Import?

I belong to an amateur dramatic society and we perform various types of show including pantomimes, which often require lots of spot sound fx and music for dances etc.

Looking around I can see there are quite a few apps that allow you to program buttons to instantly playback a sound effect or even a whole music track but most of these seem to use the dreaded iTunes import to get the sounds and music into the app.

Does anyone know of a sound player app that you can import sounds and music from Audioshare or even Dropbox?

Comments

• Do you mean like the beatpad apps where you can load your own samples or would you need to be able to add icons as well? (Not familiar with soundboards).

• BossJock supports audiopaste and Dropbox.

• Thanks, @funjunkie27 will check that out.

@gusgranite the type of app o mean looks like a beat pad app but with a lot more pads and the ability to colour code and title the pads as well as importing whole tracks to a single pad

• Launchpad almost fits the bill......you can title the pads using the filename....but you can only control the colour by changing the category of the sample....
    If you send audio into Launchpad from blocs wave you do not need the audio import IAP I believe. so should be free to try :)

• CueZy is very useful, despite the hilarious looking interface.. it's actually a very professional thing and made by someone that specifically does theatre stuff, "open in' works fine from audioshare, you can name the pads , in the mixer view you can set it to auto cue with auto fades as a cue list.. any project can be zipped up into an archive, exported for back up and storage. etc etc.
    free to download and try but to get the full full capabilities you have to do two iap's , adds up to about 7.99 or something..
    CueZy 9 Pad Sampler by Tak Mitsuhashi
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cuezy-9-pad-sampler/id534202024?mt=8
    an obscure one but worth an in depth look.

• Thanks @AndyPlankton I looked at Launchpad but it fell at the first hurdle because it looks like you have to assign a tempo when you import a sample and I want to be able to play music tracks at their original tempo as well as sound fx.

CueZy looks the best suggestion so far @RockySmalls but only displays 9 pads at a time and the interface seems fiddly.

We used to use an app called Soundslate but I couldn't find it on the stored or my purchased apps. I discovered it has been re-launched and re-named Audioboard and that looks like it now has Dropbox support and a nice simple interface and you can choose the size/number of pads it displays, change button colours and even add images to the buttons, so I will suggest that one, I think.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Cheers!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks @AndyPlankton I looked at Launchpad but it fell at the first hurdle because it looks like you have to assign a tempo when you import a sample and I want to be able to play music tracks at their original tempo as well as sound fx.

Glad you seem to have found something :)

Just one thing re Launchpad.....if you have a project at 120 bpm (default tempo), when you import a sample that is 140 bpm....if you tell LP that the tempo of the sample is 120..it will play back at normal speed (140 bpm)....if you catch my drift.

• Thanks @AndyPlankton but having to work out the bpm of various music tracks and then which bpm to enter to get it to play back it the correct bpm in a fixed bpm project is too much hassle. I don't need (or want) to keep everything synched for this particular use.
    Good to know for my own projects though! :smile:

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Thanks @AndyPlankton but having to work out the bpm of various music tracks and then which bpm to enter to get it to play back it the correct bpm in a fixed bpm project is too much hassle. I don't need (or want) to keep everything synched for this particular use.
    Good to know for my own projects though! :smile:

it is actually very simple......have your project @ 120 bpm....then tell all samples that they are also 120 bpm....everything will play at its original speed ;)

• @AlterEgo_UK interesting thread. Good luck!

• BeatMaker (2 or 3) should fit the bill if you can work with 16 samples at a time.

• Sorry @AndyPlankton I think I misunderstood what you meant! That sounds more straightforward :smile:

I think we will go with Audioboard as for it's ease of editing the order, colour, titles and size of the pads as well as other stuff really useful for cueing sounds.

• ALTEREGO,

Um.

Well.

Do you think you are getting away with this thread talking about pantomime performances that somehow require audio(kidding) and other performance stuff without PROVIDING US A VIDEO OR TWO OF SAID DRAMATIC PERFORMANCES :) ?

• Not had chance to check out Samplebot yet but we decided to go with Audioboard as Dropbox import actually works better for us than Audioshare import as we have a central shared Dropbox folder from where the samples and tracks can be imported directly. Our sound guy is also used to the user interface as it is basically a rebranding of Sound Slate which we used to use before until it disappeared from the store.

• Let this thread go already! :wink:

Glad you found a solution. :smiley: