Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Troublemaker wave export issue

Whenever I export a wave from Troublemaker to AudioShare, the result is slightly pitched up.
The only way that I can get a correct result is by recording live into AudioShare.

Comments

• I'll check it out.. haven't heard this before but there may be some sample frequency conversion oddness going on.

• Still has the same issue after today’s update. Exported wavs are pitched slightly higher. AudioShare is showing the file as 16bit 48000Hz.

• @jolico said:
    Still has the same issue after today’s update. Exported wavs are pitched slightly higher. AudioShare is showing the file as 16bit 48000Hz.

Not sure what's going on. When exporting it takes the active sample frequency from the Host/Ableton Link/iOS audio session (whichever is appropriate in that case). So Troublemaker does not use any fixed frequency, it always adapts to the system.

How are you exporting to Audioshare?

• Exporting directly from Troublemaker.

• What iOS device are we using here?

I recall there were issues with some iOS devices defaulting to 48K when using the buit-in speaker and 44.1K when using the head-phone jack?! (So it might be worth to do the 'export' with and without head-phones plugged in and compare them).

• edited September 2017

Tried with headphones. Now it’s pitched Down significantly and it shows 16bit 16000Hz :)

iOS 11

• Just tried again and it sounded ok (shows 44100Hz).
    This is the the only time it exported correctly. Also, if it was a sample rate issue, wouldn’t the bpm also be changed?
    120bpm loop exported and the result is also 120bpm on all atttempts (4 second loop).
    It looks like only the pitch changes.

• I think it’s not that the pitch is off, but that the file is reporting a wrong samplerate. First time I’ve heard or seen this... I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

• Tried another 4 times with and without headphones. It now seems to be working properly.
    Very weird.

• Sounds like an iOS bug, but I’ll look into it anyway.

• This was happening before iOS11.
    It was the same on iOS10.3.3

• @jolico said:
    This was happening before iOS11.
    It was the same on iOS10.3.3

As Samu mentioned it was apparently a known issue with previous iOS/device combos. I’ll see what I can find.

• Thanks.
    Just so you know, it is still my favorite 303 app. Even with this little inconvenience, Troublemaker is awesome.

• It still has this issue. Any recommendations for another TB-303 app? I still like playing with troublemaker, but not for producing loops. I need something that sounds like the real deal and exports loops exactly the way that they’ve been programmed.