Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wifi or Bluetooth support between devices in Audiobus

edited December 2012 in Feature Wishlists

Is this even possible?

To clarify, what I mean is... Could you use Audiobus on your iPhone load an input and effect/filter then select "wifi" or "bluetooth" as the output then load up Audiobus on iPad and select the input as "wifi" or "Bluetooth" and send it through a second effects channel and finally to record.

Or a step further even, sync two sessions together to record to the same DAW? So you can play with a friend and record to the same place. That'd open a few more doors.

See I'm thinking wifi or bluetooth might not be fast enough to handle the audio stream.. But I'm not sure.. Anyone know?

This would solve the problem i have with JamUp not allowing multiple effects of the same categorie because this way I can have 2 JamUp's running on the same feed. As well as opening a bunch of doors.

I managed a work around for this by using an iRig plug and a cord connected from device A audio out to Device B audio in. Obviously less dynamic.

Thanks

EDIT: Moved this to wishlists now that I know it's possible

Comments

• edited December 2012

It is possible.
    EDIT: Clarification: It's technically possible, but not enabled right now because it's not ready for use in production.

• Well.... Sweet! I imagine this might even solve some peoples CPU problems as well, kinda sharing the load.

• edited December 2012

Hmmm, interesting.

• frejahel, please read my reply above, it's not currently supported.

• Audiobus on more than one device was part of the initial project. When (why) was it abandoned and do you plan to add this functionality in a future release ?

• edited February 2013

I guess it depends on the wireless protocol. Or bluetooth. Both are not optimised for real-time audio/MIDI processing.

• Hi @Ryan. I can see your idea ,but didnt jamup fix this already ? except for the amp the amps you can use as many delays/flangers etc as you want my favorite preset has 3 orange phasers in series :->

• Ryan posted that back in December.

• @PaulB @ Ryan. Oops old news ( must be monday morning )

• lol No worries.. :-))