Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Integration with Nano Studio / Auria

edited December 2012 in Feature Wishlists

I'd love it if nanostudio/Auria could work alongside AudioBus and could pull in other Apps (e.g. DM1, Sunrizer etc) - to sit within the nanostuido environment alongside the TRG and Eden instruments (kind of like how a VST works inside cubase/logic). So, when I hold down the instrument list, I would now be able to select a DM1 from the list which would bring up the DM1 app either:
a) Inside the nanostudio/auria environment; or
b) Using current setup BUT with a nanostudio/Auria transport pop up dialog box or button (to enable me to play, stop, record, rewind etc my song in nanostudio/Auria).

Another alternative would be to synchronise both my iPad and iPhone wirelessly via AudioBus so that:
c) I go into nanostudio/Auria on my iPad and lay down a pattern, I then open up DM1 as a standalone app again on my iPad. I turn on my iPhone and open up the new 'AudioBus wireless control' console - which utlimately synchronises my iPhone and iPad and turns my iPhone into a nanostudio/Auria remote. Now I have nanostudio/Auria sitting in the background, DM1 in the foreground of my iPad synchronised wirelessly with a full transport control panel on my iPhone. I could then play along to the pattern I created in nanostudio/Auria on my DM1 in real time, record any patterns in real time (inside DM1) and then at the end of my session - all the recordings are there waiting inside the nanostudio/Auria environment for further editing or tweaking/

Just a thought

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Yep! Nano studio is great, has one of the unique sounding synths, though less practical than others, but would be nice to be able and use it within audiobus.

• The developer of Nanostudio has mentioned publicly that he does not plan to implement Audiobus.

• edited February 2013

His loss...

I remember lusting after Nano Studio before I even had an iPod. Then I saved enough to buy one, discovered the more versatile Music Studio and got that instead. Now with an iPad and Audiobus there are far more versatile and powerful combinations available and Nano Studio looks like a dead end. They can't possibly compete with the combined features of all the Audiobus enabled apps. Lack of compatibility and interoperability will kill it off in time.

"If you're not on the bus, you're going nowhere."

• @sebastion ... What a shame nanostudio is one if my faveroute apps. I would live it to have AB function.

• Nanostudio 2 may have AB compatibility. No one knows for sure what Matt is up to but if its as reliable as the version that is out now it will be worth the wait.