Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Syntronik

Comments

• In two minds about this. Would prefer all the synths released individual as AU.

• I'd describe the sound quality as... fair. But it's free so thanks IK.

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    I'd describe the sound quality as... fair. But it's free so thanks IK.

It seems to be far from free? Each — oh, what would you call them...gadgets? — is $10.99 if you want the "complete synth."

• All synth are free and fully tweakable - at least on my side. Afaik you'll get all the presets as IAP.

• Besides why would I want software to remind me how stupid I was to sell my Alesis Andromeda lol

• Wonder if the iPad version uses the same >50GB library as the desktop version?!

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    All synth are free and fully tweakable - at least on my side. Afaik you'll get all the presets as IAP.

Well, see, that's the difference between someone who knows (you) and someone who is rushing to judgment based on a promo video (me).

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Besides why would I want software to remind me how stupid I was to sell my Alesis Andromeda lol

You were stupid to sell your Alesis Andromeda....
    See..you don't need software for that :D

• @Heiliger_Bimbam said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

How many Presets per synth do you get with free version?

• @Samu said:
    Wonder if the iPad version uses the same >50GB library as the desktop version?!

Hardly. Installed size is 1.05 Gb - without the IAP's.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Besides why would I want software to remind me how stupid I was to sell my Alesis Andromeda lol

O that Mancunian sense of humour :p or was it Birmingham..... :*

• No AU? No Go.

• Why release an app that's not AU compatible right now? Maybe someone can explain.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

You get 25 spread out across the 17 instruments.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

Can you make your own sounds from those or limited to 25 for the entire free thing?

• edited September 2017

I am almost surely going to have to at least buy the Andromeda just because there is no way in hell I will buy a real one. :D although it has been damned tempting a time or two.

• @Tritonman said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

Can you make your own sounds from those or limited to 25 for the entire free thing?

You can adjust things like the filters, ADSR, Cutoff, the basics, you can do that for all the instruments, but this is sample based

• So it's $186.83 for all 17?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

O that Mancunian sense of humour :p or was it Birmingham..... :*

It's Dad humour...apparently :D

• @BiancaNeve said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:

1.47 presets per synth!

• @Arpseechord said:
    So it's $186.83 for all 17?

Nope. $39.99 for the bunch.

• @Arpseechord said:

I think it £40 IF you buy them all at once and I think there's some sort of special offer with the IO keys range as well.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    In two minds about this. Would prefer all the synths released individual as AU.

Yeah, same here. I about wrote off IK Multimedia but then earlier this year that incredible Fender Collection 2 for Amplitube was released and it restored my faith that they could put out something good.

Appoholism aside, it was 40+ Euro for the full bundle according to the video, that just seems a too steep jump for many to make, especially if they've been using iOS music production and have amassed like 50 synths...which is probably most of us.

The encouraging thing is this continues the recent influx of desktop VST's ported to iOS in close to full detail. I have to hear a Doug test or just demo the free version until I start thinking of buying it...

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Arpseechord said:

Nope. $39.99 for the bunch.

Thank you very much!

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Arpseechord said:

I think it £40 IF you buy them all at once and I think there's some sort of special offer with the IO keys range as well.

Thanks for the info

• First impression was of some nice sounds with a fair bit more control than they allow in the other rompler they have. Am I fair calling this a rompler? Is it even made of samples?

All the synths seem to use the a very similar set of tools whatever the graphics seem to imply.

The pricing at £9.99 per synth or £38.99 for the lot seems kind of odd, but it's pretty much like their pricing for sound packs for SampleTank, aimed to make you buy the lot!

So, is this really a Sample + Synthesis device?

• From what I read about the desktop version, the oscillators (and maybe some other stuff) are sampled, but it uses modeled filters.

• Thinking real hard about trying the galaxy, having a real blast with just the one sample but how many presets come with this synth?

• edited September 2017

Only problem I find with romplers is it's difficult to come up with new sounds of your own, you're just tweaking samples a bit, so you're very reliant on presets.

• But it does have 1200 presets....